Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
skin tightening
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I, at 35, have some skin laxity and sagging from cheek volume loss. I don't want to do fillers, but I know that's the "best" solution I have at this time. But do chemical peels and microneedling help with skin tightening at all??
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've found it very difficult to tighten skin. I've got sagging as well and started in my early 40s to try and find something to help. I've tried so many things, most didn't do much. Here are a few thoughts based on my experience:

1) Dermarolling/microneedling can help. You need to do it regularly (every 5-6 weeks at ~1.0m) and it'll take up to a year to show results and even then, it could be pretty minor results.

2) Facial exercise. Did nothing for me, but others have had good results. Lots of threads here on this and some free programs to try. Also takes regular use to build and maintain.

3) Microcurrent. Once again, this didn't do anything for me, but I saw many raves on the Pico Toner and other devices that made a big difference in facial lifting for others. I even tried professional treatments.

For me, I have the best results with fillers, but I'm in my 50s now. I wouldn't have done fillers at 35. Hope you find something that helps.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:23 am      Reply with quote
mamaherrera wrote:
I, at 35, have some skin laxity and sagging from cheek volume loss. I don't want to do fillers, but I know that's the "best" solution I have at this time. But do chemical peels and microneedling help with skin tightening at all??

Hi mamaherrera, from where you've got the idea that at 35 the "best" solution is fillers I don't know... As for chemical peels and microneedling as far as I know helps with skin lightening and texture and even wrinkles, honestly don't know how much it may help with tightening. I would highly recommend vigorous massage against contracting the muscles for tightening. If you do so I think you should notice an effect in not too a long time in the cheek area. HIH.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:44 am      Reply with quote
If your situation is mild, and it probably is at 35...then things like Retin A and Vit C serums with peptides along with peels and derma rolling will encourage collagen renewal and cell turnover and help with skin texture, tone, fine lines and mild laxity.
Face exercises and microcurrent have definitely helped tighten my skin and the skin of many others (although technically I think microcurrent is suppose to retrain muscle) so they are very positive tools to use. I would love the Pico myself but more economical devices like NuFace do the job as well ..Face exercises can help some with volume loss.
There's also other devices that work with different methods (radio Frequency, High Frequency, Dot Matrix, LED light therapy, laser and ultrasound..
The less the sag the less dramatic the results will be.
I would say that face exercises and microcurrent and other devices are well worth trying but at 35 I don't know how aggressive you should be with them. Go slowly.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
If it's volume loss, you can rebuild volume with muscle. But it needs to be resistance training, ie using your hands to create a 'weight' for the cheek muscles to lift. Just winking or smiling won't build much muscle.

I'd also advocate needling, probably with greater depth and less frequency. I go by owndoc's advice.
gailturner

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I am new to EDS. But just wanted to share that that i was facing the same problem for tightening skin. As im a designer so i was very much worried about my looks and i researched about what i can do and got to know about a Suction Anti-Aging LiftBlue this really worked for me their is massage palper-rouler that helps improve blood circulation and improves your skin .
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hello everyone. I am new to EDS. But just wanted to share that that i was facing the same problem for tightening skin. As im a designer so i was very much worried about my looks and i researched about what i can do and got to know about a Suction Anti-Aging LiftBlue this really worked for me their is massage palper-rouler that helps improve blood circulation and improves your skin .

I think you're referring to facial cupping?
I've heard of it but haven't tried it. There's a lot of offerings on Amazon and reasonably enough priced to give it a try. I think learning to do it correctly may be key not to bruise yourself.
I've seen Christine Bayer refer to this method.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |