Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Looking for a Vit C Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sherryalex

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Long time lurker here, I'm looking for a good Vit C Serum. I am new to Vit C and was looking to start a bit slow. Was thinking of starting with Vit C 10% first then moving up from there. I have normal/combination skin that is a little sensitive (very mild). Can anyone suggest a good product out there? Thanks in advance! Very Happy
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered Timeless as another message board I go on had several women raving about it. They also liked the Skin Solutions one (I liked this as well) and the Oz naturals (I was on the fence about this, didn't like it as much). I'm waiting for the Timeless to arrive and I'll report back.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:14 am      Reply with quote
There are some good Vitc brands such as iS Clinocal Super Serum, Skinceuticals C+E Ferulic,and Obagi professional C. They all work well.
Mabsy

Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I started off using Skinceuticals and Cellex-C. Over time my favourite serum became the Vivier one as it's not as watery as Skinceuticals and Cellex-C. Pure Skin Formulations also make a good one, so lots of choices!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Cosmetic Skin Solutions is my favourite.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
EsthyJess954
5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Love the Citrix Brightening Serum. It is like a dry oil texture but literally disappears once massaged in. Works wonderful under makeup.
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
So far I am loving the Timeless c serum. If only I had not spilled 1/3 of it on the counter the day it arrived.
ZiaSarina
5% products discount

Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
If you're into Korean Skin care, OST C20 is my absolute favorite! You can google for reviews.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I used to experiment with DIY vit C - great, but too much work for me at this point of my life.

I tried Skinceuticals C+E Ferulic - good staff, but turned bad before i’ve got to the half of the bottle.

For some time i was using Skin Actives vit C - very good staff. Almost like you do it yourself. Also turns bad too fast, but at least it doesn’t cost you a fortune like Skinceuticals.

Right now i am using Paula's Choice Resist C15 Super Booster. Love it and probably will stick to it for some time.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of Cosmetic Skin Solutions... it's a dupe of Skinceuticals and has good reviews here http://www.bestvitcserum.com/ Ingredients are identical except much cheaper. I recommend getting the travel vials cause they oxidate slower
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried a lot of vitamin C's, Paulas Choice, Skinceuticals, SkinActives, Dr. Dennis Gross, NCN, Timeless and currently Oz Naturals and I think Oz Naturals is probably my favorite right now. It is reasonably priced at about $23 for 1 ounce and it seems to be highly recommended. Here's the link to their website: http://www.oznaturals.com/dp/B00DPE9EQO.
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
What do you like about the OZ serum? I know a lot of people like it but I didn't get the same results I did with the cosmetic skin solutions/skinceuticals or the timeless (evening pigmentation, giving more glow to the skin). Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance, I'd love to hear your feedback and as it has such strong reviews on Amazon
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a great c serum that is relatively inexpensive.
I love it but am currently using Obagi so this is on hold right now

http://www.cellularskinrx.com/skincare/vitamin-c-firming-serum/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Make your own.

I have used Viver, Cellex-C, Skinceuticals, Timeless, Drunk Elephant, Obagi Vitamin C Serums and I have not noticed any effect from using them Confused
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
One of my favorite topics! I've tried lots of vitamin c serums over the years & to be honest was suprised that some of the more well known, expensive brands went bad pretty quickly. For the past few years I've been using the one from Pure Skin Formulations too. I really like it & even though it's 15% it doesn't irritate my skin. It's been a winner for me! I've heard good things about Vivier, but have never tried it. I think it may be better suited for drier skin tours from what I've read. HTH!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
One of my favorite topics! I've tried lots of vitamin c serums over the years & to be honest was suprised that some of the more well known, expensive brands went bad pretty quickly. For the past few years I've been using the one from Pure Skin Formulations too. I really like it & even though it's 15% it doesn't irritate my skin. It's been a winner for me! I've heard good things about Vivier, but have never tried it. I think it may be better suited for drier skin tours from what I've read. HTH!

I have tried a few items from PSF and liked them. I was looking at their Vitamin C serum and also their Berry serum.

Does the PSF serum work well with other skin products? I like to use a serum and then apply other products over it. Does it absorb well? Years ago I used Paula's Choice and her serums were very siliconey and looked shiny. I am using them on the back of my hands.

PSF products I have liked included the two eye treatments, lip balms and the most effective natural deodorant ever.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn,
I've had no issues with the PSF Vitamin C Serum working well with other products. It's a little thinner than their hyaluronic acid Serum, and it absorbs completely into my skin. No tackiness or shiny after effects. Typically I apply it in the morning & then apply a thin layer of sunscreen or moisturizer. I've tried their Berry Antioxidant Serum too, and although it's really nice, I always seem to come back to the Vitamin C. And I agree with you about their natural deodorant Autumn! It's the best I've ever tried & I'm addicted to the smell
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:

I too use PSF and love the fact that it goes on very silky, spreads easily so that you use less. No irritation for me either. I used Vivier but it is quite expensive. Drier feeling too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Dr Sebagh's Vit C powder does the trick! It can be mixed with any serum or cream

sherryalex wrote:
Long time lurker here, I'm looking for a good Vit C Serum. I am new to Vit C and was looking to start a bit slow. Was thinking of starting with Vit C 10% first then moving up from there. I have normal/combination skin that is a little sensitive (very mild). Can anyone suggest a good product out there? Thanks in advance! Very Happy
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Cellular Skin Rx's C+ Firming Serum for about TEN years now. I have tried others but end up coming back to this one. Nice brightened skin tone and texture, keeps my skin looking really fresh. I use their Face serum, too. I feel like it has a better texture for me during the day. Plus it has Niacinamide in it which keeps my skin clear.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
I have been using Cellular Skin Rx's C+ Firming Serum for about TEN years now. I have tried others but end up coming back to this one. Nice brightened skin tone and texture, keeps my skin looking really fresh. I use their Face serum, too. I feel like it has a better texture for me during the day. Plus it has Niacinamide in it which keeps my skin clear.

I have this in my cabinet ready to use when I run out of my current one. I think that I am really going to like it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:07 am      Reply with quote
What is everyone's thoughts on Obagi vs Skinceuticals?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
skinceuticals is heavily marketed and full of SLS's and parabens. No thanks!

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I buy my Vit C from The Ordinary.
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, the great new fear- parabens. Laughing

Stephanie Nicole did a GREAT video on The Ordinary. IMO, at that price point, I would rather just make my own Vitamin C serum? But I am always glad when something less expensive works for other women! And she had quite a few good things to say about the brand in general.

I still wish someone in this forum had tried the Obagi, my main interest is that it is about $50 cheaper & I wonder if it is less tacky.

Between my P50, Vitner's Daughter, Good Genes, Juno Oil, and Retin-A Micro, and Mandelic Peels I no longer wear foundation, and constantly get asked what "magical so-natural foundation" I'm using, lol. It's worth it, but I still want the freshest Vitamin C + Ferulic I can find on the market.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |