Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lisiana
5% products discount

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Why we use cleanser? as I know it is used to remove make-up, oil, dirt, dead skin cells and other pollutants from the skin in the face.It can be used with other skin care products like a toner and moisturizer.There are different types of cleansers and choosing one depends on your particular skin type. I came to know about one product that is DERMPURA which is for all skin type. Do you know any prodcut other than this can be used for all skin type? Please share some tips to choose a right cleanser.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:21 am      Reply with quote
The right cleanser for your skin type should leave your skin feeling clean,soft, but not tight at all. I have mature and sensitive skin and I like Eminence stone crop Face Wash, Phytomer souffle marin cleansing foaming cream.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I love Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. It feels like a soothing wax on the skin and doesn't dehydrate. Great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Whenever I see a one product fits all I know that usually there is a lot of marketing scoop behind it and if you start digging you will find a lot of marketing talk that will tell you that the product is the next best thing in skincare and sure enough this product is no different.

Even if you identify as being a particular skin type – your skins reactions will change depending on the climate you are living in, and your lifestyle too. That’s before we even mention good old hormone balance (or imbalances).

I agree that a good cleanser shouldn’t leave your skin feeling tight or dry. That’s why I choose oil cleansing method. It really helps my dry skin to be not so dry and I love the moisturizing properties of it too. Plus you can mix the ratios depending on your own skin type too.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I agree that a good cleanser shouldn’t leave your skin feeling tight or dry. That’s why I choose oil cleansing method. It really helps my dry skin to be not so dry and I love the moisturizing properties of it too. Plus you can mix the ratios depending on your own skin type too.

Since I "discovered" the oil cleansing method, I've tried some products and always gone back to the good ol' oils plus warm water to cleanse my skin. I cannot recommend any product cause I've had good results from natural oils.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I oil cleanse and use a homemade scrub. The only time I ever use foaming cleansers is when I travel and don't have much of a choice.

It depends on what's best for your skin type. Everybody's different. I had tons of people tell me that oil cleansing would be the worst thing for me, but it ended up being a miracle.
libertango
5% products discount

Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lancôme makeup remover, both normal and the bi-phasic waterproof formula. I also used Clinique cream remover (not the water/rinsing type). I loved it, but I couldn't easily find it.
Now I use Caudalie lotion. I like it as it is light and refreshing, but it is not very efficient in removing make up.
The micellar water from Yve Rocher is nice and not so expensive.
WeBlockUV

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:09 am      Reply with quote
I've always been a Cetaphil user so I have their cleanser. I've used other products but some just leave my face oily or dry. I guess somehow the results depend on how you're used to the product.
Lisiana
5% products discount

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the Answers. Your answers help me to know more about cleansers and different brand that I never heard before. Thank you!
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Lisiana wrote:
Thank you so much for the Answers. Your answers help me to know more about cleansers and different brand that I never heard before. Thank you!

I got to add mine - Monsia daily facial cleanser, good. If I use makeup I also use jojoba oil after the cleanser because I don't want to scrub around my eyes to get rid of the mascara. I rinse off with cool water.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'll get an eye-roll I'm sure, but I use Dove soap and a microfibre cloth most days (used to use a Pretika SonicDermabrasion brush, but found it a bit rough on my skin some days and fell out of love).

In the UK there's a great knock-off of Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish (there's recent rumblings on the UK monesavingexpert.com forums that LE's formula changed when Avon bought the company...can't confirm that though). Superdrug often do this "less than half price" or BOGOF http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-150ml/p/516251 (comes with a muslin cloth). I use this to get makeup off, on the rare occasions I wear heavier makeup, foundation, etc.

Another Cleanse & Polish dupe that's apparently good is the M&S Daily Skincare Instant Radiance Hot Cloth Cleanser (also comes in 300ml pump bottle), with muslin cloth included too http://www.marksandspencer.com/pure-daily-skincare-instant-radiance-hot-cloth-cleanser-200ml/p/p22156499 Smells more eucalyptus-y than the Superdrug version.

Must admit I prefer a microfibre cloth for scrubbing my skin vs a muslin cloth - it holds its shape better than floppy ole muslin.

I do the oil cleansing method twice a week, before I wash my hair (as it makes hair oily). Not done a TCA peel for ages but did a bout of the Palovia recently and going to try my My-M (knockoff dermapen-type device) soon.

I really like the Simple Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser and use that from time to time. http://www.superdrug.com/Simple/Simple-Kind-to-Skin-Vital-Vitamin-Foaming-Cleanser/p/239972

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
SarahStark

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I use La Roche Posay Hydreane cleanser, really happy about it. Works like a charm and doesn't make my skin feel too tight.
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Love Dermalogica essential cleansing solution (and the daily micro exfoliant - that I only use 2 - 3x per week). Great combo. Not drying and cleanses well.
retinolthins
5% products discount

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Cerave Foaming Cleanser. Cheap and packed full of skin repairing ingredients.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |