Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

eye lashes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shirl
5% products discount

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep eyelashes in good condition ? As you get older thay seem less thick. Thanks for any suggestions.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Lamas make an eyelash treatment which is supposed to condition and darken your lashes. I'm not sure about conditioning but it did work well to darken mine. Mavala, Avon, and Shu Uemura also make lash conditioners. If you wear mascara I would also suggest that you use a primer to help protect the lashes.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
Can you reccomend a primer? I have never used one Rolling Eyes
Mabsy

Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:07 am      Reply with quote
It's a bit hard to recommend a primer because it's hard to see the long term effects of it therefore you don't know what works and what doesn't. I like the Shu Uemura primer and the Joey New York one (it's a double sided mascara with primer on one end) just going by how mascara applies and looks when using these. I've also got a Jane Iredale primer but I haven't been too happy with it the last few times I've used it.
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:37 am      Reply with quote
How about the Blinc-Kiss me primer, Mabsy? Have you try it before? I am comtemplating about it.

KK
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I use Mavala Eyelite Doublelash on top of Talika Lipocils (i.e.: I apply a layer of Lipocils, then a layer of Mavala) and top it all off with Lama's Lash Masque (lash tint and conditioner) because I don't like the look of mascara, so I'm not really sure exactly which one is responsible for my new longer, denser (it makes more lashes grow, which gives the illusion of thickness) lashes, but I *do* know one thing: I'm going to keep using all three products to maintain the length/thickness and overall health of my lashes!! So maybe if you haven’t seen results from either the Mavala or the Talika, perhaps you should try the above lash-growing "cocktail"...? Who knows: it just might work for you too!

Carrie
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Mavala for a month and I don't see any difference Sad
May be it's time to try Talika Lipocils or Lama's Lash Masque Question
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I should also point out that in the very beginning (first month of use), I was also taking an oral nutritional supplement containing silica and MSM because I read somewhere they boosted overall hair growth/health (including the hair in your brows and lashes). But since that initial first month, I’ve just been using the Talika/Mavala/Lamas topical ‘cocktail’ to maintain my results.

If you want to try on these nutritional supplements, you need to look for a Hair/Skin/Nails formula in the vitamins/supplements aisle at your local pharmacy, supermarket or health food store and read the label to ensure it contains both Silica (aka “Horsetail Extract”) and MSM.

HTH,
Carrie
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie,
Thank you, but I am already taking Silica. I started taking it recently so may be it's too early for results.
Smile
Mabsy

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Kk1668 wrote:
How about the Blinc-Kiss me primer, Mabsy? Have you try it before? I am comtemplating about it.

Sorry Kk1668, haven't tried that one.

Carrie - Laughing talk about not wanting to put all your eggs in the one basket! Glad it's working though. I tried both Mavala and Talika (separately) and have not been adequately impressed to repurchase in the end.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:49 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
Carrie,
Thank you, but I am already taking Silica. I started taking it recently so may be it's too early for results. Smile
Yeah, you won't start seeing any real benefits to your hair/skin/nails until you've been taking it for about a month, especially in regards to your lashes because that's about how long it takes for new lashes to "sprout" and grow to full-length...but remember, I was hedging my bets using the three topical products (Talika, Mavala, Lamas) and the supplements so I can't really say which one was responsible or if it was a combination of all of them!
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I took MSM supplements for over a year to tackle hyperpigmentation. Although it did not help with that issue, it certainly give me some side effects of more & longer lashes & longer nails. But I hated the taste of MSM (I took the powder) so I stopped it.

If you decide to take MSM, be sure to drink it up with some vit c since vit c helps absorb MSM better.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
estee lauder (I think) released a special eye lash conditioner that you use on its own or before mascara to condition and treat your lashes.
celeste
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
i use talika eyelash cream for almost a month now and i dont think its that great. it does thicken a little bit but doesnt really make ur eyelashes grow like it said it would. i suggest u can use it at night just to protect ur lashes Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I use Mavala Eyelite Doublelash on top of Talika Lipocils (i.e.: I apply a layer of Lipocils, then a layer of Mavala) and top it all off with Lama's Lash Masque (lash tint and conditioner) because I don't like the look of mascara, so I'm not really sure exactly which one is responsible for my new longer, denser (it makes more lashes grow, which gives the illusion of thickness) lashes, but I *do* know one thing: I'm going to keep using all three products to maintain the length/thickness and overall health of my lashes!! So maybe if you haven’t seen results from either the Mavala or the Talika, perhaps you should try the above lash-growing "cocktail"...? Who knows: it just might work for you too!

Carrie

Carrie,

How long does it take before you notice the tint effect of the Lama's lash masque. I do not like masscara either, so I tint my lashes at a salon, but I think this would be a better way...Also, I was looking at some info on it, and it said apply at night. Do you put it in morning or night...or both?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:47 am      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
Carrie,

How long does it take before you notice the tint effect of the Lama's lash masque. I do not like masscara either, so I tint my lashes at a salon, but I think this would be a better way...Also, I was looking at some info on it, and it said apply at night. Do you put it in morning or night...or both?
I only wear my Lamas Lash Masque during the day, in lieu of mascara. I have pretty dark lashes already, but there’s an annoying blond tip on the ends so somehow it creates an optical illusion that my lashes are even shorter than they actually are, and I guess it was after about a month of use that I noticed that the little blond tips were blending in with my natural lashes, so I guess I’d say about 30 days is when I noticed the ‘tint effect.’ I think so long as you are religious in applying it at least once per day, then it wouldn’t matter if you used it at night or in the morning....

HTH,
Carrie
Mabsy

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:51 am      Reply with quote
From what I remember I saw a difference in the color of my lashes in a couple of weeks (I think). I used it day and night though.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:36 am      Reply with quote
That is the exact problem I have with my leashes; blonde tips Mad

I am very fond of the talika cream at night, so I will try just Lama's once a day, in the morning. Thanks Very Happy
celeste
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi faith,
i use talika cream as well, it doesnt really do anything for me. how long have you been using it?? i usually use q-tips to dip into the cream and apply it at the end of the roots. is that right??
thanx

faith wrote:

I am very fond of the talika cream at night, so I will try just Lama's once a day, in the morning. Thanks Very Happy
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
celeste wrote:
Hi faith,
i use talika cream as well, it doesnt really do anything for me. how long have you been using it?? i usually use q-tips to dip into the cream and apply it at the end of the roots. is that right??
thanx

faith wrote:

It has been over 6 months now. At the beginning I think I saw results in about a month, but within the first 2 months, I think they reached a peak. At the beginning, I used the cream at night, and the gel in the morning, but now, just the cream as I ran out of gel but just ordered the Lamas. I started using it with some friends, and one of them has had great results, like me, but the other hasn't. I use it with a q-tip too, kind of like I would put on masscara, and make sure you get it in the roots. I also do NOT use it sparingly. I really soak my lashes in it. It feels a bit bad when I get it in my eyes, but that is the price I pay Wink

How long have you been using it? Have you seen any noticable results? The other day someone looked at my eyelashes and described them as "freakishly long". Now, I don't think that is quite true, but they would never have been described as that before.
celeste
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi faith,
I think i have been using it for almost a month now. when i first got the cream i plugged my eye lash(just one!) to keep in my planner, i have pulled one out the other day but noticed nothing. it does thincken up but hasnt grow Crying or Very sad i might need to wait for a few more months.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:30 am      Reply with quote
celeste wrote:
Hi faith,
thanx

faith wrote:

It's my understanding that both Talika and the Mavala Doublelash products are supposed to be applied to the BASE of the eyelash, because that's where the hair folicle starts. I'm afraid that if you're just using it on the tips of your lashes, then you were probably just wasting the product. Give it another try, but this time apply it directly at your lash-line....
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka's eye contour cream really did a lot for my lashes. Just be sure not to contaminate the little jar!
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I have used both Talika and Mavala and saw no difference. I soooo wanted longer lashes! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Well, remember that I was also taking a nutritional supplement containing silica (aka horsetail extract) and MSM, so that might have also contributed to my results. Whatever it was, I’m not taking any chances because I want to keep my longer, lusher lashes!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |