Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Question for obagi users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sar9876
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am not using Obagi, but my intention is a similar 'resurfacing' of sun damaged skin.

I'm using a strong level of tazorac, and it is definitely making the skin irritated, more irritated than I would want long term.

The question is - does the extreme irritation most Obagi users experience go away as time goes on? Or is it the kind of thing where it only goes away/you only see amazing skin after you stop.

Hoping my skin will acclimate but so far no, and I'm not using the retinoid everyday, either.

Thanks!
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I used Nu Derm for 24 weeks and the irritation never ceased the entire time. Skin was rejuvenated but it took a while for the irritation to subside even on maintenance. Obagi is incredible but I looked awful for half a year. It was the best topical I have ever used.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
sar9876
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:26 am      Reply with quote
hmm....that's interesting. Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it's inevitable with strong retinoids.

On my face, I don't allow too much irritation because I don't want to risk atrophy.

but my body has worse sun damage and I'm not as cautious about experimenting, so I'm using .1% a little more regularly. It's definitely gotten a bit red permanently with little rashy bumps here and there, so I imagine it's inflamed on a cellular level.

but I always see such great results from Obagi that I am tempted to push through.
elleyalater

Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Don't know if I am in right place but. The NuDerm Obagi products are no longer made by Obagi ...it was sold.

I have used Blender and Sunfader since 1998 and loved them . Then I went to the docs to get some and they were not there anymore ..they never told me about the company until later. The "Zein" Oz Obagi is newer and it was lower priced Obagi so I bought something that was supposed to be comparable. It is nothing like the other it did nothing .The Nuderm line is best for a good 3 day and out peel. The other is wait and wonder if your Retin A is old
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |