Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DIY eyelash serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
djenner
5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have used careprost but even though I used it correctly I quit due to the redness.

Natural stuff like castor oil didn't really work for me.

I was wondering if I could make the careprost more gentle by using it as part of a DIY serum ( I've heard coconut oil is softening and gentle to the eyes)

Of course doctors will never tell if it's okay to use careprost as part of a serum but it sounds pretty logical that it could work without the painful side effects.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've had good luck with emu oil on eyelashes and eyebrows. Castor oil was too thick and sticky for me.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I also want the darkening factor. What did it do to your lashes?

I also wondered: could you take a drop out of the careprost and then mix it with some emu oil or coconut oil. My main care is avoiding the eye infections.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think I ever got a darkening effect. I dye my eyelashes using 1000 Hour eyelash dye in blue black ($30 on Amazon). The emu made my lashes thicker and a little longer. I used emu by itself before I ever tried Careprost. I've never gotten an eye infection from emu, and I get eye infections very easily. Since coconut oil has antibacterial properties, it might be better.

I've never made a serum with the Careprost. I think that making a serum might dilute the Careprost too much to be effective, and it will be harder to keep it out of the eyes. Are your eyes always red when you use Careprost? How are you applying it? I don't use the mascara wands that come with it; I use an eyeliner brush which wastes less product and gives better application control.

If I couldn't use Careprost, I would try RapidLash. You can get 2 tubes for $50 at Costco, and it has 4 1/2 stars from 40 reviews. I haven't tried it yet, but the reviews are great and the price is very reasonable.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I did it the safe way, above the lashline. Maybe putting a few drops of coconut oil on a mirror and adding it with careprost rightaway.
Thicker lashes already look darker on itself.

I know lots of eyelash serums contain prostaglandins diluted. A company will not give the answer to this question as they want to make money.
djenner
5% products discount

Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:38 am      Reply with quote
UPDATE:

I mixed one drop of coconut oil with one drop of careprost and applied it to my lids. The next day my eyes ware pink and filled with red spiders. The effect I had the last time I used careprost on its own.
The next day I diluted it ( 20 percent careprost, 70 percent distilled water and 10 percent carrier dimethyl isosorbide). I had no irritation.

I know lots of eyelash serums like grandelash contain prostaglandins amongst many other ingredients which makes me think not much prostaglandin is needed to make it work ( I don't think those companies would buy pure prostaglandin but they must use careprost bottles) I added the carrier to have some extra effect ( don't know if it's necessary).

Due to the red eyes effect ( I applied it properly) pure careprost is not an option for me. You can have the greatest lashes but they never match these bloodshot eyes.

I'm curious to hear about your opinions.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
djenner:
I think the careprost is the problem. I've tried it several times and always have a reaction to it. I think it's a generic for Lumigan, but it sure didn't work for me. I had to go to the doctor to get my eyes cleared up after I used it.
exotic.intoxication
5% products discount

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:37 am      Reply with quote
djenner,

that's interesting you say that because I got lazy with my careprost application when I started up after a 4 month break and I only applied once a week or so and they still grew almost as fast as they did when I was applying everyday when I did my first round. I've been using it for around 2 years now. I used careprost solely though as that's what Latisse is, but I only apply once a week now.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |