Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Can I use these products together? If so, AM/PM + order?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sb12aa

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I just bought hydroquinone 4%, retin-a 0.025, vitamin c serum 20% and copper peptide serum online and was wondering if you had any advice on what order and when to apply them? I know vitamin c is usually applied in the morning, retin-a and hydroquinone in the evening, but where does copper peptide fit in? Also, is it ok to still use a 10% glycolic acid serum nightly? And chemical peels weekly? Sorry for all the questions! I just have skin that breaks out every now and then and hyperpigmentation from those breakouts that I want to desperately get rid of, but I don't want to do anything wrong or over do it.

Thanks for the help!
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I don't really have experience with copper peptides, but am currently using the other 3 items from your list... The cream that I have for hyper-pigmentation contains Hydroquinone 4%, tretinoin 0.05%, fluocinolone acetonide 0.01% and N-acetylcysteine 4.7% and my derm told me to use it for a month and then stop for several months otherwise can harm the skin a lot (and use at least SPF 50 during the day, otherwise, no point in doing this).
I use this in the evening (on a clean face), it is quite strong. I hope you have other ingredients with your hydroquinone/tretinoin combination otherwise you need to be very careful when applying it, retin A is very tricky on its own...
I wouldn't recommend a peel in the evening, with this treatment, you should do peels in the morning (since it is 10%, then really not every day or find something lighter). I use lighter peels, after that, toner, vitamin C, moisturiser and SPF...
After a month, while you are on a break from this, you can try copper peptides... I think there are several threads here that talk a lot about it...

For break outs, I would recommend blue LED. It helped my cousin a lot, and helps me when I have a breakout (not very often).

Good luck Smile
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:29 am      Reply with quote
There use to be a strong recommendation against using Vit c and copper peptides at the same time as they might interact or cancel one another out.
That may no longer be the ultimate philosophy but I would still tend to rotate them and use them on alternate days..
Copper peptides did work well for me at the same time as Retin A. After my skin had adjusted to the Retin A, of course.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Tigerlily, which CP product do you use?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:53 am      Reply with quote
First thoughts are that if you suffer from break outs this is a lot of strong products to use that may agitate your skin somewhat. Instead start out much slower – using Vit C serum and build up to adding CPs and Retin A. Whilst CPs and Retin A are proven skin remodelers – they can irritate the skin and often times if you do too many things at once you abuse your skin and it will not respond favourably. Same with glycolic acid. It is a bit too much too soon. Don’t know how old you are, but if your skin breakas out and you have hyper pigmentation then starting out with Vit C, good sunscreen and going slowly is a better way forward in my opinion.

sb12aa wrote:
Hi everyone! I just bought hydroquinone 4%, retin-a 0.025, vitamin c serum 20% and copper peptide serum online and was wondering if you had any advice on what order and when to apply them? I know vitamin c is usually applied in the morning, retin-a and hydroquinone in the evening, but where does copper peptide fit in? Also, is it ok to still use a 10% glycolic acid serum nightly? And chemical peels weekly? Sorry for all the questions! I just have skin that breaks out every now and then and hyperpigmentation from those breakouts that I want to desperately get rid of, but I don't want to do anything wrong or over do it.

Thanks for the help!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |