Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best eyelash serum for darkening
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
djenner
5% products discount

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Of course you can tint your lashes but it always feels more natural if your lashes grow in darker.
I feel like I'm allergic to latisse ( careprost, lumigan,...) I get the darkening but my eyes are extremely red even when I apply it the right way.

I've seen a woman having significant darkening with the new version of revitalash but on some websites I see people commenting that the synthetic prostaglandin analogue isn't as good.

I wonder if any other serums are reliable when it comes to darker growth.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I just use the 1000 hour dye, have for years and it works great!

http://www.amazon.com/1000-Eyelash-Permanent-Mascara-Black/dp/B00FAANB9M/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1444140173&sr=1-1&keywords=1000+hour+lash+dye

5% products discount

Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yes but I'm not asking for a brand of eyelash tints, but for what works best for darkening from within, so a serum. I've seen a couple of before-after pics of people using revitalash with results in terms of darkening, but some others claim it doesn't do much.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I tried the revitalash in the past but there was not any noticeable darkening but I have very blonde lashes! Any type of oil/serums or vaseline even, tends to make them temporarily darker as it coats and looks thicker for me as well.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Thicker means darker as long as you have medium blonde to start with I think ( IMHO)
Some seem to have dramatic changes, others not so, so I think we're all different.
lightasrain

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I've been inconsistent but I have used coconut oil before with some success. My eyelashes grew longer and maybe a tad thicker. Not sure about darker... I am already a dark brunette as it is, so. Embarassed If you are going down the natural path, I suggest making sure that the oil is pure, raw, organic and cold-pressed. The cold-pressed seems to be the most important aspect of it for some reason. Just get the most natural coconut oil you can find and put it on every single night for the best results.

I'm going to apply oil to my eyelashes tonight for the next few months, I should be having good results too. Good luck!
Searching67

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I've used Latisse in the past with lash dye so it was so lashed out - no need for mascara!! Lol
Now I'm older and don't have the patience for all the fuss! But I really miss those lashes!!
Smile. I've heard Cocoanut oil on here but I'm still wondering about an affordable non-prescription serum as well..... Anyone know of any?
LOVED MY LATISSE!! <3
djenner
5% products discount

Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:51 am      Reply with quote
5 years ago I used talika lipocils for 28 days, they promised 50 percent darker in 28 days, I tried it and threw it away after about 3 weeks because I thought I would have results by then. Now I've heard of people having used this claiming they had darkening results but not after 28 days, it took more like 2-3 months.
KarK

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello. This is my first post with the EDS forum. I'm a former user of Latisse. I used it for a few years, but during the second year I stopped getting the results of the nice long lashes. They weren't as short as before initially using, but not as long as the first year. Additionally I had a lot of broken blood vessels on my upper lids which were very unsightly. I tried an experiment and continued to use Latisse on my left eye lashes and applied castor oil on my right eye lashes. The castor oil actually performed better. My sister had the same problem with Latisse (the broken capillaries) and she also discontinued using. I've seen it work wonders for others, it must be something with my genetics where it doesn't work well for me. I've been using castor oil (organic, cold pressed) since last March and I'm happy with the results. Granted, it didn't produce the results I initially had during my first year of Latisse when they grew super long. However, it did out perform the Latisse during my second year of use. The nice thing I've noticed is that it does keep my lashes dark (they are black compared to my brows which are light brown). I also feel better not worrying about the potential of Latisse changing my eye color or using a "drug" on my lashes. Additionally the broken blood vessels have all cleared up, and that has made a huge difference in the appearance of my eyes (for the better).

I did see someone posted about using Vaseline on their eyelashes. I would not recommend that. Vaseline is a petroleum product, plus it will clog the follicles.
djenner
5% products discount

Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for how long did you use castor oil? I used it two months but had no results. There's also a prostaglandin free product named xlash claiming to contain ingredients that darken hair. Maybe anyone knows about these actives to see if it's really worth it: http://www.xlash.co.uk/faq/
KarK

Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi djenner.

I've been using the castor oil nightly since March of 2015. If I recall it took about 6 weeks for me to notice a difference between my right eye (castor oil) and left (Latisse). Each night after cleansing, I put a dab of castor oil on my finger and massage gently into my eye lids and lashes. Then I wipe off the excess.

If I'm reading the threads correctly, I think your main query was about darkening your lashes. I do think the castor oil has helped, or maybe mine just were very unhealthy prior to using.

I looked at the link for the xlash and Googled some of the active ingredients, as I had not heard of several that claim to darken or stimulate growth. I did find some articles that supported these claims, but they claimed further research was needed to understand what the mechanism within the herb(s) that is responsible for this.

I also did a quick search for safety and this article popped up claiming that with lab testing they did find prostaglandin analogues in the xlash serum. Since I'm a new member, I'm not allowed to post a link to the article. The name of the article is as follows: Pharmaceutical ingredients in one out of three eyelash serums. The company in Sweden that did the research is Läkemedelsverket. I hope you are able to locate the article as it may be of some value to you.
IDK, perhaps the formula has changed since the lab finding.

Best of luck in your search to find something to help darken your lashes.
djenner
5% products discount

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, I'm currently using nanolash which seems to have a good reputation for darkening. Been using it for two weeks but I wondered how long it takes to see results. U see people claiming: after one week I noticed big changes, but I think it takes at least a month to see differences with prostaglandine analogues.
djenner
5% products discount

Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I've been using nanolash for a month now. On the right eye there are tons of dark lashes growing in, but not so much on the left side. Has this something to do with the fact that on the right side more lashes are in another growing phase? And will my left eye catch up? They say it takes three months to see full results ( it's a prostaglandin analogue)
djenner
5% products discount

Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Never used castor oil for a long period, guess it also takes time to have results. I wonder if a mix with coconut oil is better when it comes to darkening? could use it on one eye ( I mean the combo)
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:09 am      Reply with quote
skin biology's Follegin cream.. use a fine brush and put it on your lash line. It makes your lashes darker and thicker not so much longer.
This was my experience.
djenner
5% products discount

Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:18 am      Reply with quote
okay, how would u describe the difference between before and after
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:43 am      Reply with quote
It's hard to say.everyone has their own opinions. I think nature is best. I only know how to make your eyelashes growing.
elixaDavis

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Go for natural remedies use organic eyelash oil. I have been using Afida castor oil for eyelash growth and the results are amazing it darkens lashes and give brows a more fuller look.
PatKyle
5% products discount

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Castor oil is the most effective ingredient that helps to grow your eyelashes naturally!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |