Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
LRP or BurnOut? Help Me With This Tough Choice!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Best At Preventing Tanning?

BurnOut
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
La Roche Posay
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Other (please specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

lightasrain

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I know there are like a bazillion threads about sunsreen this and sunblock that... but I am nervous about choosing between two great companies. I am going to start a skin care routine that involves chemical peels, exfoliating lotions (glytone and amlactin), exfoliating towels, vitamin c serum, likas papaya soap... because I want to remove my permatan and have an even skin tone. And just to look naturally gorgeous with nice skin, of course.

I have exhausted so many threads and websites about which sunscreen is best for preventing tanning but I am so stuck. I have a natural olive, golden undertone, and I tan ridiculously easy and deeply. I know physical sunblocks are great, but the whole PPD and tanning has given me pause and that Euro ss are best for the high PPD ratings. I'm so confused! Crying or Very sad I just want to be one color all over, I'm actually ivory colored if I get rid of this ugly permatan and I do not know which ss to buy!

Please help me!
lightasrain

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Please, I just need one answer. I am going to Europe soon to marry someone and want to look my best possible. Surely some of you understand this dilemma I'm facing. Sad
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Bioderma Photoderm Laser Creme SPF 50 + is better than LRP sunblocks, IMO.

Since you plan to have chemical peels done, I strongly recommend using a physical sunblock. For example, Elta MD Physical SPF 41.

Chemical sunscreens may cause a burning sensation on a post-procedure skin.
lookwithin
5% products discount

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've read good reports on both, I'd just buy a few sunscreens and see which works best for you.

One warning though, don't place too much faith in sunscreen as they aren't miracle workers, it's not as if while you are wearing it it's the same as being in the dark. If you want to avoid tanning and since you tan easily, besides wearing sunscreen you'll need to do your best to avoid the sun. Wear a long brimmed hat, use a parasol, wear sun protective clothing, if it's really sunny just stay indoors and do your outdoors stuff in the morning or late afternoon/evening, etc.

I'd also be very careful with all the exfoliants you are going to use, go slowly and don't use them all at once. You could easily overdo it and end up with worse looking skin.
lightasrain

Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:26 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine - Thank you so, so much for replying! I will look into those sunscreens. I was going to buy La Roche Posay Dermo-Pediatrics SPF 50+ ( PPD 38 ) because it's more within my ideal budget range and for it's size that I can use all over my face and body, what do you think of that particular product?

lookwithin - Thank you too! I know, it's a lot of exfoliants and I'm going to be extremely careful to not overload my skin with all of them. Who knows, maybe I can get away with just using amlactin with likas soap, a good sunscreen, and manual exfoliating with the towels and be able to get rid of this permatan while I'm in the rainy European country that I'm marrying in. Laughing
lightasrain

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Ok, the EltaMD products look very promising. I'm checking out both their facial and body sunscreens and they look great! May not be as huge as some of the LRP ones, but I think I can bite the bullet here for the sake of my skin health. Very Happy

Keep the replies coming, though!
lightasrain

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Update. After researching about EltaMD, Bioderma, Burnout, and Avene, I am disappointed that their bottles (even the ones that proclaim to be for body use) are so terribly small. I think, even if the LRP Dermo-Pediatric one is a mostly chemical ss, at least it's a nice big size and more economically-friendly for me. I have used it before, don't think I had much of an issue with it.

I don't know, it seems to me that all purely physical sunblocks and tinosorb sunscreens, that are decent, are very tiny for the hefty price tag. If I could find, at least, a tinosorb ss that comes in a bigger bottle, that would be wonderful. Am I wrong that such a thing exist? Confused
melanotan2sale

Thu May 26, 2016 4:35 am      Reply with quote
lookwithin wrote:
I've read good reports on both, I'd just buy a few sunscreens and see which works best for you.

One warning though, don't place too much faith in sunscreen as they aren't miracle workers, it's not as if while you are wearing it it's the same as being in the dark. If you want to avoid tanning and since you tan easily, besides wearing sunscreen you'll need to do your best to avoid the sun. Wear a long brimmed hat, use a parasol, wear sun protective clothing, if it's really sunny just stay indoors and do your outdoors stuff in the morning or late afternoon/evening, etc.

I'd also be very careful with all the exfoliants you are going to use, go slowly and don't use them all at once. You could easily overdo it and end up with worse looking skin.

You're right. For tanning treatment there are need to take care sunscreen and need to follow proper guidelines. If you'll go wrong it will be harmful for your skin.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |