Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What concealer are you happy with?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite Alison Rafaelle no 3 is nowhere to be found. Can anyone suggest a good replacement? Please, please.
I was also using Armani and that one seems to be gone too.
The case of the missing concealer.😅
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I could recommend what I like, but it depends what YOU like Very Happy

Why not go to Nordstrom or Sephora (or whatever store in your area) and try a few to see what you're happy with?

Cle de Peau gets a lot of up votes, and IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereyes. Both are very different tho, so it depends what you like.

I just use my Chanel CC Cream under the eye and that seems to do the trick, since I've gotten rid of the pesky undereye circles finally,

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie, thanks for your suggestions. I was hoping someone else missed the ones I liked.
Armani has a new one out, Maestro, but the reviews are not so good. IT concealer, I was thinking of trying it, but again many reviewers say it is heavy.
I like something fairly light and Alison Rafaelle was like that for everyday use. I liked the old Armani for under their silk foundation.
Guess I will have to head out to a store and try things.
nene
5% products discount

Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I have tried so many concealers, IT, Tarte- I cant even name them all and I always come back to the Maybelline concealer I can buy at Wal Mart. It out performs all the other I have tried. I don't know why I kept trying others and have learned to stick with what works for me.
sahm
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I have to second Maybelline concealers - specifically the FitME ones. Covers the undereye area really well for the price.
Urban Decay's Naked Skin Concealer is just that little bit better in terms of texture and coverage but it costs 5X more!
Hope you find one that suits your skin.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
LA Girl Pro Conceal. Goes on nicely (semi-liquid) then dries quickly to be invisible. I've found stick concealers too cloggy and dry.
MomOfThree1980

Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use Urban Decay's Naked Skin line. The Weightless Definition Liquid and Finishing Powder. Only one I've found that matches my skintone.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Mufe isn't bad either. The equivalent would be the kat von dee concealer. I have both and prefer the kvd. Cdp is pretty good too.
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Bye Bye Undereye by IT Cosmetics. After trying many brands, I have stuck with this for years now. Very blendable. Don't find it heavy at all.
ellatu
5% products discount

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier Secret Undereye Concealer; very emollient and does not sit in lines. Laughing Laughing
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye isn't heavy. Just don't put it on heavy. I also like Lancome Effacernes Waterproof which has a slightly denser consistency than IT. I use either to conceal my inner and outer corner darkness and eyelid redness so I don't have to use eye primer.

I powder over any concealer with IT Bye Bye Pores powder.

I also sometimes use Graftobian color corrector palette underneath everything -- salmon, green and yellow colors.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with kareni.
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I simply use my fingertip to apply 2-3 thin layers of foundation that I have already used on my face.
luckyelaine
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:41 am      Reply with quote
BOBBI BROWN,It is convenient to use.
CassieLyons
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use Bare Minerals for concealer or tarte.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Cle de Peau doesn't crease or emphasize lines and is totally opaque.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried a lot of different ones and Dermablend is my fav.

5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Nars radiant creamy concealer. It's recommended by many MUA. But it depends on your concern. I don't have dark circles. Puffiness and fine lines are my biggest issues
AmyStanton

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've always used Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind, does wonders! Very Happy
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Cle de Peau is the best:)
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Circle/delete concealer. 2 colors - great coverage!
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I could recommend what I like, but it depends what YOU like Very Happy

Why not go to Nordstrom or Sephora (or whatever store in your area) and try a few to see what you're happy with?

Cle de Peau gets a lot of up votes, and IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereyes. Both are very different tho, so it depends what you like.

I just use my Chanel CC Cream under the eye and that seems to do the trick, since I've gotten rid of the pesky undereye circles finally,

Good idea
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I stand by these two.. one expensive..the other cheap.. both great coverage and creamy.

1. Benefit Erase Paste from Sophora

2. Glamouflage by Hard Candy Walmart
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Bobbi Brown and IT are my two longtime standbys.
Bobbi Brown I apply with a brush which helps get up close to the under eye lash line and the IT I use more of a spot treatment.
IT isn't heavy if you remember to lightly dab, it does rub in very well for such a good concealer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have dark circles.
Nars radiant creamy concealer is great.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |