Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dupe for Nia24 Strengthening Complex?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SweetCreamRabbit
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Would be nice for a penniless skincare junky with a shoddy moisture barrier. Embarassed
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Do you DIY?
A serum with NAG, biotin and B3 would be very easy to whip up:

http://stores.skinessentialactives.com/biotin-n-acetyl-d-glucosamine-nag-niacinamide-b3-synergy/
(not affiliated)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I don't feel fully confident about DIYing but I do have niacinamide powder. I was thinking of adding it to a toner I already have (I posed a question in the DIY section about it; it's the Eucerin Clarifying Toner). I'm not sure if might react with anything in the existing toner.

I also thought it would be cool to add caffeine powder and Aspirin (but I'm weird).

So, essentially you're saying there's nothing magical about the Nia25 cream that cannot be recreated? Wink
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:16 am      Reply with quote
SweetCreamRabbit wrote:
I don't feel fully confident about DIYing but I do have niacinamide powder. I was thinking of adding it to a toner I already have (I posed a question in the DIY section about it; it's the Eucerin Clarifying Toner). I'm not sure if might react with anything in the existing toner.

I also thought it would be cool to add caffeine powder and Aspirin (but I'm weird).

So, essentially you're saying there's nothing magical about the Nia25 cream that cannot be recreated? Wink

I wasnt commenting on the Nia25 cream. If you post the ingredients list we might see what's in it, but I suspect its just niacinamide in a cream base.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:50 am      Reply with quote
What "supposedly" makes the Nia products special is that they contain Myristyl Nicotinate instead of niacinamide. Is myristyl nicotinate better than niacinamide? I don't know for sure and that would be an entirely different topic for discussion.

All that being said....SweetCreamRabbit if you are interested in trying Nia 24 but don't want to pay a fortune you could try one of the Nia 24 sunscreens instead of the Skin Strengthening Cream. Both of the sunscreens contain the same 5% myristyl nicotinate as the Skin Strengthening Complex and honestly I think this is the important ingredient in the products so you don't really need all the other stuff in the Skin Strengthening Complex. The sunscreens are $49 for 2.5 oz vs. $93 for 1.7 oz of the Skin Strengthening Complex. Of course, you may want to only use the susncreen in the AM but it would be a more reasonably priced product for trying the Nia brand.

fawnie- here is the complete ingredient list for the Skin Strengthening Complex

Aqua (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Myristyl Nicotinate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Polysorbate 60, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Ranunculus Ficaria Extract, Ceramide 2, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Soy Isoflavones, Ceramide 3, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ilomastat, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Tribehenin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrogenated Lecithin, PEG-8, PEG-10 Phytosterol, Sucrose, Ursolic Acid, Maltodextrin, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Hexylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Stearate, Sorbic Acid, Limonene
SweetCreamRabbit
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
That's a great idea, Kitty! Thanks!
What do you think about CeraVe's AM moisturiser? It's got niacinamide, HA and ceramides as well as SPF. Have you tried both? I'm wondering if the consistency is similar because I hate the pasty/ thick feeling of the CeraVe (though it doesn't break me out and sinks in ok).

Fawnie, let me ignore my Nia24 query for a sec, and ask you a DIY question.

This is the the ingredients to the toner I was talking about:

Aqua, Dipropylene Glycol, Glyceryl Glucoside, Glycerine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol

It's quite simple and I think can be a good base for a toner. I've got my niacinamide powder, do you think I can add it in into this toner?
How do I calculate % with all the other ingredients and what would be a safe starting % for the niacinamide?
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:31 am      Reply with quote
SweetCreamRabbit wrote:
That's a great idea, Kitty! Thanks!
What do you think about CeraVe's AM moisturiser? It's got niacinamide, HA and ceramides as well as SPF. Have you tried both? I'm wondering if the consistency is similar because I hate the pasty/ thick feeling of the CeraVe (though it doesn't break me out and sinks in ok).

I have used the CeraVe PM moisturizer but not the AM version. I think both are great products with good ingredients but the AM does not offer enough UV protection for me. I used the PM version in the morning and then applied sunscreen over it. So I cannot comment on the Cerave AM texture. The Cerave PM has a wonderful light texture which reminds me of Curel Unscented moisturizer. Looking at the ingredient list of both the AM and PM, the AM seems like it would be thicker than the PM one. I haven't tried the Nia 24 sunscreens yet.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:12 am      Reply with quote
CeraVe moisturizers are not elegant enough for me.

The Nia24 sunblock is very shiny and has a whitish cast.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |