Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hylexin for dark circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
celeste
5% products discount

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi tootsie,
I can understand why you are pissed about this. I have been trying the cream over 2 weeks now and it doesnt really work for me. did you have puffy eye bags or just dark circles? Cos the cream also claims that "can reduce chronic puffiness". I have both.. Sad
thank you
tootsie
5% products discount

Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I can understand why you are pissed about this. I have been trying the cream over 2 weeks now and it doesnt really work for me. did you have puffy eye bags or just dark circles? Cos the cream also claims that "can reduce chronic puffiness". I have both.

Thank you, i do feel slighted actually. It makes a person feel as if they had never opened their mouth. I feel badly that you did not get the same results that i did, and i can't explain what may be different between your dark circles and mine. I did not have puffiness, only circles. (I would get occasional puffiness with lack of sleep but the cirles were a constant thing for me).
And really, this product HAS worked for me. I would not go on a public forum stating untruths. I was somewhat skeptical of the product, (mainly because their website was so sparse of fancy advertisements) I had already ordered the HY BEFORE i found this forum. I had only read the negative comments about the company (lack of communication etc)after my purchase. Needless to say, I was even more hesitant in using it after reading the posts here but i thought "What the heck, i have it now so why not give it a try". I had already spent the money on it - what better motivation is there?
Since i have had no adverse effects - only good results - i had no reason to say anything bad about hylexin or the makers. I do feel that if you did not get positive results you are entitiled to your money back no questions asked and i do hope that the makers of this product stand up to their statements of a money back guarantee.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
tootsie,
I don't think that anybody here "had it in for you" or anything. Please do see our angle on this. If you look back you'll see that there were several brand new members who joined and the only posts they made were about Hylexin & how wonderful it was. One of them even went so far as to say that if anyone wanted to order it, he could put in an order for them. So, when you stopped posting, you could see how it might look suspicious. If anything it was just a misunderstanding. And if it is working for you, then that's terrific! I think that some of the other girls got nervous when they didn't see an immediate improvement like you, then there were all of these other one-time posts raving about it, then you "disappeared", and when they tried to contact the company, their emails bounced back & they only got an answering machine when they called.

I hope you can see how this scenario could plant a seed of doubt for someone who just shelled out $100 for a tube of eye cream. Please don't take it personally. I think they were more frustrated with the situation than with you.

Cheer up!
Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
tootsie wrote:
puleeeaze people, let's not let our suspicious minds get the better of us.

Actually, tootsie, I disagree with that. Forums are a PRIME medium for advertising and this can be (and often is) abused by dishonest companies or distributors of products trying to drum up their sales. All forum members have to be vigilant, and cases where we have a number of new people posting about a product, combined with my information that there *IS* a person here who is posting about Hylexin and who is associated with the company, do sound suspicious. We have had things like this happen here before and luckily they are quickly uncovered. However, while I am not saying that you have a biased view of Hylexin, I certainly do not blame anyone for being caucious in this case.
tootsie
5% products discount

Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, i see your point, and i do know that the world in general is not a trusting place.... it just seems rather paranoid to assume that if someoone doesn't post for a few days or is a new poster (everyone starts out as a new poster BTW) that they should be categorized as a "mole" or be made to feel like they should have to defend themselves if they have a different opinion - or in my case a different result than some others have had.
I don't feel like "everyone is out to get me" nor did i say that. I just felt like i should not be labeled when i too come here to participate in the forum just like everyone else here. I was interested in Hylexin and wanting to share and hear others opinions of this product.
I understand the problem of having advertisers invade this forum and i know that it could be the victim of spam as well - but in my case, i didn't ask anyone to buy this product or order it or anything of that nature, all i did was give the ingredient list (which i've noticed i missed the main ingredient - 9.5% Lexin DC Concentrate) and say that i had good results - that's it.
Lexin is trademarked - if you internet detectives want to find out who owns that TM i'd be interested in knowing...)
Someone mentioned on the forum in an earlier post that the same company who owns hylexin also owns Stri-Vectin - which by the way is an up and coming replacement for botox, and is even sponsoring sporting events such as the NHRA. They even have a Stri- Vectin car that was in the finals at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway last weekend - where i happened to be as a matter of fact.
Is there anyone else out there who's had good results from Hylexin or is it just me?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Tootsie, I do offer my apologies for being paranoid and judging you at the worst! I am being diligent and am still trying the hylexin but it has been 10 days and I don't see any lessening in the darkness although it make a nice matte finish for my concealer!
tootsie
5% products discount

Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Your appology is absolutely accepted - thank you.
I wish you had been able to get the same results i did, but i guess what works for one person may not for the next. I ownder if certain eye circles are more reisitant to their claims of reducing cappiliaries when the dark circles are hereditary? Mine are not (as far as i know) and mainl;y i can relate me getting them to an iron deficiency i had from heavy menstruation. Either way, there must be a certain demographic to which this stuff will effect the results - by that i mean if you have had them since childhood (hereditary), will it take longer to get results? I could cover them up fairly easily as a teen - they weren't that bad yet - it wasn't until i reached my 30's and the iron def was pretty bad that they got worse.
If after an appropriate time that you feel is long enough and if you still don't get results i would say that it doesn't work for you and i would send the product back - i would make sure to let them know and ask for rebate.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Tootsie, I do offer my apologies for being paranoid and judging you at the worst! I am being diligent and am still trying the hylexin but it has been 10 days and I don't see any lessening in the darkness although it make a nice matte finish for my concealer!

hey appyone,
when you use hylexin, do you always mix it with your concealer?? because i was told by the costumer service that "just make sure the cream is the closest to the skin and then you can put anything over it." i have been doin it for almost 2 and half weeks and still nothing changed. if you always mix it with concelear then you can try to apply that closest to your skin and see if it changes anything.
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Celeste, I have been sort of mixing the 2 (concealer & HY) so I'll gve another try. Also Tootsie thanks for your acceptance.
AP
sarpie

Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I searched the web and that's how I found out about Hylexin. I am highly skeptical especially since it's so expensive. I have read about something else called Circle Clear by Skin Doctors. Has anyone heard of this or know anything about this product??? It's not that expensive but it's from the UK and I'm skeptical about purchasing from overseas. If anyone could help me out that would be great.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I am from Uk and have not heard of this. But I will do my Miss Marples impression and see what I can find out.

Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I saw what appeared to be an article in "More" magazine -- no indication it was advertising or promotional. Is this legal? Then I went to the website given in the "article" and the "article" was the web homepage. I don't know if this stuff works, but I resent being bamboozled.
tootsie
5% products discount

Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
After 3 weeks, i can tell you that my dark circles have been reduced by half. The area near the corner of the eye is lighter but not as light as the area near the outer edge of the eye and the eye lid. I mentioned in a prior post that that area had gone back to the color of the cheek skin. I find that if i don't use the stuff as recommended (twice a day - no more than 3 times in a 24 hour period) that the circles are darker than usual. Once i apply the hylexin they seem immediately reduced. To me it would seem that unless i use it every day twice a day, it's benefit is lost. It also has a slight shimmer to it that helps in the appearance to lighten the skin around the eye. I will continue to use it and may buy it again after the tube is through. So far it has been the only stuff that works for me. I've been looking around the web at strivectin and found that in it's case, it is getting both good and bad press. Some say it's the best and others have had little to no results.
Also, i wonder what Lexin DC is? Anyone have any idea on this one? It warns pregnant women and poeple under the age of 18 not use hylexin. Must have some kind of medicinal quality....

Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I read about this product in a magazine. It got my attention right away. I have had dark circles under my eyes since I was a kid. I decided to look it up on the interent and came accross this website. This seems to be the only forum I can find that discusses Hylexin. I read through all of the posts today and decided to join in. I am ordering this stuff tomorrow so I too will let you know how it works out. If there is anyone else that has used it please let me know your results. Or anything else you may have used that worked! [/b]
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
We wondered was Lexin DC was too. So my chemist friend researched it and according to all of the newly-updated compounding formularies, there is no such thing as Lexin DC. It apparently is not its own registered compound. It may be a trade name that they unofficially are giving to their "proprietary" blend of ingredients or something. I assume that DC stands for dark circles, but I do not know that to be true....just a guess. Also, tootsie, I wouldn't be too concerned about the warning about pregnant women using it - according to the ingredients that you posted, there is nothing of a medical quality in it to be concerned with.
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I was working out a few weeks ago and was reading a magazine and saw hylexin. It souded extremely impressive and convincing. I came home and did a search for it on the internet and it led me here - how funny! I'm here all the time and never really noticed the post, and found it thru a search! Anyways, when reading the post I did find it questionable the way it was not avail in stores they mentioned it was in the ad, and then questionable members coming from nowhere offering help on ordering. I thought -forget it- just doesn't sound professional enough through this behavior. Why can't companies just come on as themselves to clear up misunderstandings - I would respect them and their product a lot more! Ok this thread has turned into 4 pages, so I have a lot of back reading to do Smile
Lisa27

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I just bought the PETER THOMAS ROSS POWER K EYE RESCUE instead of the hylexin. I was a little scared after reading all the reviews here. Has anyone used PTR Power K??
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Lisa27 wrote:
I just bought the PETER THOMAS ROSS POWER K EYE RESCUE instead of the hylexin. I was a little scared after reading all the reviews here. Has anyone used PTR Power K??

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1937

Try this thread...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi there Tootsie...

Great that the hylexin works so well for you....

May I ask what your overall skin regimen is? What other products do you use?
tootsie
5% products discount

Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:22 am      Reply with quote
My daily regimin is as follows..
in the morning i wash with a bar soap called Pyoben. I use a medicated lotion i recieved from my dermatologist that has cetaphil and HC 2.5% (i had terrible adult acne for awhile during and after my illness) that i use after washing my face - everywhere but the eye area. I have very oily skin and have to use this stuff to keep the pores small and the oil at bay.... Otherwise i look like a grease pit half way through my day. Doctor says it's hormones and that's a tough go trying to keep them balanced but if i keep my face clean It's managable.
For the eye area I've been using the hylexin for three weeks - before that i was using an expensive eye gell from Shopppers Drug by Modele that wasn't helping with the cirlces but helped plump up the skin a bit.
I do the same thing in the evening. Pretty simple - i've found the key to keeping my skin clear and free of blemishes is the soap.
Fot the last year or so I've been taking a variety of vitamins etc suggested by my Naturopathic Doc.

Kindly,
Tootsie

5% products discount

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
the acne soap is called PanOxyl NOT Pyoben.

Mon May 02, 2005 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I am new here and have been trying to research Hylexin, as much as I am able to anyway, to see if I will give it a go. I have some questions, I have had slight bags and circles since childhood which I believe are due to iron deficient anemia. I noticed that someone had success with it that had anemia, and I am curious if this product works best for those who have this condition versus hereditary dark circles. Any thoughts? Nice to meet everyone!

Tue May 03, 2005 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
To:Pbsadhaka

Hey thanks for the circle buster tip but I have a question about it. I've been doing it for a bout 2 days now cuz I too was screwed by the Hylexin scam but not much has happend. Do I put a thick coat on the circles or a thin coat? Also u said to add boiling water so should it be hot when I apply it cuz every batch I've made has been luke warm?.....Thanks a bunch.
trixxie

Wed May 04, 2005 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Ohh, one more question for pbsadhaka.....

I have hereditary dark circles so would the gel thing even work for me? Never thought of that till just now, oh I hope it does. Question
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
trixxie,
As for the circle buster recipe, we did add boiling water (from the microwave), but by the time we would mix & apply it, it was lukewarm. I don't think that you would want it to be hot anyway.
But I doubt that it would work on heredetary circles. It is more for "late night out" circles. You might want to read the thread on heredetary circles:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6037

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done for heredetary circles. Crying or Very sad Sorry!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |