Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hylexin for dark circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
venicebeach

Sun May 08, 2005 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
good for you tootsie.
AdrianaW

Mon May 09, 2005 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new and I found this forum searching fo Hylexin, looks like I am not going to get it.
I want to ask if anybody tried Vita-K it is very cheap like $10 but I wanted to know if it works.
I also want to let you know that for severe cases of dark circles there are treatments like fat transfer or laser. You can read about this in this web site http://www.facialplasticsurgery.net/dark_undereye_circles.htm

Thanks[/url]

Tue May 10, 2005 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
hi, i have been using hylexin for 5 days, and it seems to be working for me, i dont know if my dark circles will come back after i stop using it,will update in a few weeks, carolsag
SkinChemist

Wed May 11, 2005 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Teamine for a couple weeks and LOVE IT! It's $65 (rather than $95), and it's available only through physicians or online atwww.lovelyskin.com. Also, check out the website atwww.revisionskincare.com for more info.

P.S. Also, check out Revox on the website.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Haven't been through all the thread but on page 2 someone posted ingredients.

I searched on 2

Hesperidin :
is found in citrus fruits (for example oranges). It is a dietary supplement used to improve blood flow in the body. It may also be used to treat hemorrhoids. Fibroid tumors in the uterus, endometriosis, and premenstrual syndrome may improve with hesperidin.

Gynostemma Pentaphyllum - seems to be use a lot in TCM

Gynostemma or Jiaogulan as it is called in China is known in Asia as an anti-ageing longevity herb with tremendous health boosting properties. Jiaogulan is used in Japan to treat depression, anxiety and schizophrenia. among other things, it accelerates the metabolism, adjusts blood sugar levels and is used in weight control programmes.

So I guess you are looking at a product that speeds blood flow...in which case pressure massage should work as should gels with arnica in them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
JudesTude wrote:

Years ago, Christina Onnassis had her dark circles permantly abated. Anyone know what her doctor did?

I have seen a surgery where they cut under the eye and pull the skin up - so that new skin is thicker and the darkness won't show through.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Gosh I have missed a lot of excitement! Very Happy

Just to stick my oar in, when I was researching Stri vectin, I came accross all that stuff about basic research and klien baker, and apparantly it's a scam peretrated by an ex employee (but not one that posts here ....I hope!)

Frankly, the most shocking thing is discovering that our very own (loopy)Lori is working for Hylexin customer service. I always thought she was, like me, a fellow alcoholic houswife in the southwest of england trying to hang on to her looks and sanity Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 9:37 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Gosh I have missed a lot of excitement! Very Happy

Just to stick my oar in, when I was researching Stri vectin, I came accross all that stuff about basic research and klien baker, and apparantly it's a scam peretrated by an ex employee (but not one that posts here ....I hope!)

Frankly, the most shocking thing is discovering that our very own (loopy)Lori is working for Hylexin customer service. I always thought she was, like me, a fellow alcoholic houswife in the southwest of england

trying to hang on to her looks and sanity Laughing

You muck raker. I thought I had managed to stay out of this one.
You do realise that people will believe you.
Please forward all my hate mail to Guapagirl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
rofl
Guapa, you are sooooo evil! Laughing As for the ingredients, it does contain Hesperidin, but the only studies done on the bioflavanoid hesperidin were in regard to it being taken orally. There is no evidence of it having any effect when applied topically, and to my knowledge, it has never been studied topically. If anyone knows of any studies, please let us know. Also, from looking at the empirical formula for it, I wouldn't recommend using it in combination with copper peptides.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I do think that lori is over reacting a bit, she should be so lucky to have a transatlantic career and a well paid job! (I always knew the beauty therapist thing was a cover Laughing )

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Frankly, the most shocking thing is discovering that our very own (loopy)Lori is working for Hylexin customer service. I always thought she was, like me, a fellow alcoholic houswife in the southwest of england trying to hang on to her looks and sanity

Shock Lori....it's OK my dear. Wish you would have told me of your troubles and new career.Crying or Very sad Love ya just as always. Laughing Laughing

Winnie Wink

PS: you and guapagirl could get into some serious trouble together....or should I say FUN.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, lord, you guys are so funny. Does the southwest just make you that way? I scanned this thread quickly and I started to believe what guapa wrote then....I realized her devilish, mischievous side had gotten the better of her. Bad Grin

Thu May 12, 2005 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
JudesTude wrote:

Years ago, Christina Onnassis had her dark circles permantly abated. Anyone know what her doctor did?

I have seen a surgery where they cut under the eye and pull the skin up - so that new skin is thicker and the darkness won't show through.

YIKES!

that's scary!
gerrybl

Mon May 16, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi, everyone,

I originally posted on April 13,2005 on Hylexin. I, too, had found this forum on google.

I have been using Hylexin since April 13. My circles are almost black and hereditary although my mother & 3 sisters do not have circles as black as mine. As to my results, the dark circles are definately lighter in color (according to my hsband whom I asked to be bluntly honest) but it only seems to last for a few, short hours after putting on the Hylexin. It does seem to make a better base for my concealer which I still have to use.

Will I continue to use it after the tube runs out? No I will not. I also have tried Teamine and it works about the same for me at a cheaper cost.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Gerry-I feel the same way about the Hylexin. I just got samples of the teamine and haven't had time to truely see results. I do like the base for concealer-how lucky to have a "bluntly honest husband"!! Wink
AP
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
When this thread first appeared, I had yet to see the Hylexin ads and I didn't know anything about the product except for what I read here.

I was annoyed by the fact that suddenly a large number of people who had just joined the forum were going on about the product (and nothing else, I might add). Nobody will ever convince me that it wasn't orchestrated. To be honest, it turned me off to the product.

Now, I have seen the ads in all the major fashion rags. The format, layout, and method is absolutely identical to the ads for StriVectin. It's clear that Hylexin is manufactured by the same people under a different corporate label.

In the past, I've defended the manufacturers of Strivectin against what I felt were unfair and frivolous attacks by people who clearly weren't impartial. I had tried Strivectin and discontinued its use because I didn't like the smell or consistency of it and I am way too busy to use it three times a day, which is what they were recommending for optimal results.

It wasn't right for me, but I think its a decent product and clearly some people here rave about it. I have to say, though, that while I think the manufacturers, under whatever name they choose to use from one moment to the next, actually produce quality products, I REALLY REALLY resent the their advertising tactics. I find it deceptive, manipulative, and totally unnecessary. I have no intention of ever purchasing Hylexin as I'm happy with the products that I'm currently using. But the fact is, that even if I were in search of a new eye product, I'd probably be inclined to look elsewhere to a manufacturer with a little more respect for the intelligence of the consumer - even if their image of their typical customer (and by the way I think the image SUCKS) is that of a woman desperate to try anything, even if the claims seem unbelieveable. Mad
heynow

Tue May 17, 2005 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using hylexin since early april and here is what I have found.
( I have posted in this thread before)
I have dark circles under the eyes, after a few days using hylexin I did see that it was not as bad and started to put a little more on and did see a little bit of reduction of the darkness. Im now at the end of the tube, (6 weeks) and yes it does work but not that great. I would say, 50% less dark eyes which is better than nothing BUT, and I say a big BUT, this stuff is NOT worth $95 dollars, in fact, if it was $29.95 I would not pay for it again. The stuff does work a little and trust me, I hate hearing people say, (gee, you have dark circles)
If it cost alot less I would try it again but forget the high price! Its not worth anywhere near what they are asking.
And I agree that people who are new posters are not to be believed, these forums are full of people who get paid to post "good" stuff to sway people.
I am real, I have dark circles, hylexin does kind of work but DONT pay anywhere near what they are asking, It aint worth it!!!!
nerdfreak

Wed May 18, 2005 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys and gals, just a lil info for you: you could never get rid of dark circles. You can only prevent it. Same goes with wrinkles. You could go do your own research about these facts. Dark circles exists because the skin under your eyes are very thin. There are no such medicine so far that could guarantee the skin under your eye to grow any thicker. Unless that happens, we are bound to stick with prevention creams and concealers! I recommend Laura Mercier concealers.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Uhhhhh 'scuse me nerdfreak.... I didn't realize we had a Nobel Prize winning biochemist posting here...lol.
Sorry to be so sassy, but I'm afraid you have no clue what you're talking about. Dark circles AND "wrinkles" are caused by many different factors. And, m'dear, depending on what those factors are, in many instances, if they are properly addressed, dark circles under the eyes fade. Wrinkles seem to magically plump back up !!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOO it must be MAGIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Smacking mahself....

BAAAAAAD katee....
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 5:06 am      Reply with quote
nerdfreak wrote:
Hey guys and gals, just a lil info for you: you could never get rid of dark circles. You can only prevent it. Same goes with wrinkles. You could go do your own research about these facts. Dark circles exists because the skin under your eyes are very thin. There are no such medicine so far that could guarantee the skin under your eye to grow any thicker. Unless that happens, we are bound to stick with prevention creams and concealers! I recommend Laura Mercier concealers.

Thanks for breaking the ice Katee! I didn't want to seem rude BUT I did want to mention what a litle ray of sunshine and hope our new friend nerdfreak seems to be Rolling Eyes
nerdfreak

Fri May 20, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Whoa...I'm facing the same problems here. I've been using so many different types of creams from very expensive ones to cheap ones I could get at Target. NONE of them seem to work thus far. I am no expert but I did get some facts from a makeup artist professional teacher Donna Mee from Empire Academy about the dark circling little creatures. I do hope that one day, there will be a breakthrough and someone could prove these "facts" wrong. This is only my opinion from the facts that I've heard. You don't have to believe it. I'm sure we're all grown adults. It's not necessary to be rude about anybody's opinion.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2005 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if you took my comments as rude. You're quite right that everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, you didn't express an opinion, hon. You asserted it as fact.

I agree. You aren't an expert and a makeup artist isn't qualified to render assessments of scientific research.

I stand by what I said. Dark circles and lines have varied causes. Frequently, there are topical products that address the issues causing the problem and resolve it. And, as often, although a topical might not "cure" the problem, its application can vastly improve the appearance of the area.

Again, if I appeared rude, I apologize. But I don't apologize for taking issue with your blanket assertion. Shock
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2005 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I stand by what I said. Dark circles and lines have varied causes. Frequently, there are topical products that address the issues causing the problem and resolve it. And, as often, although a topical might not "cure" the problem, its application can vastly improve the appearance of the area.

You could not have said it better katee. Over the past year I have seen countless numbers of members noticing remarkable improvement (in their skin/problem areas) using the right products for them. We are so lucky to live in times of cutting edge skin care products.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
nerdfreak

Sat May 21, 2005 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Even though I stated it as a "fact", I was just expressing my opinion after hearing the fact. I'm not going to argue over facts and opinions. I'm not trying to be negative, honest. I'm more skeptical when it comes down to these new and inventive creams. There are many phony ones that try to suck up as much money from people with the real problems. None of them have proved me wrong yet. However, I will keep trying. I'm glad that I stumble upon this board. I was looking into Hylexin after seeing an ad in a magazine. I appreciate your opinions.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |