Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Hylexin for dark circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sky4961
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
pam053069 wrote:
I saw the ad in US magazine and checked the website. Was interested in the ingredients, so I clicked on the contact link, but the e-mail bounced back twice as undeliverable. Does anybody know if this contains animal-derived ingredients or if it was tested on animals? I prefer not to use items that are not cruelty-free.

Thanks for any info.
Pam

oh wow, another bad omen if the contact email info bounces back. not getting good feeling about this Sad
sky4961
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
2000baby wrote:
I called yesterday and, Sephora has not heard of the cream.

yeah I'm in Los Angeles and no stores carry it or have heard of it. quite blatant false advertising is making me lose interest quickly.
Aimee

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a reverse search on Caleb's phone #, and turned up nothing. Yet another point to be skeptical about. Sad
Has anybody ever heard of any other product or procedure that helps with hereditary dark circles? Question
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have a hunch. Sederma (makers of Matrixyl) manufacture an active called "Hyloxyl", which is for lessening the appearance of dark under eye circles. We got a sample of it when we ordered our Matrixyl. I'm assuming that this Hylexin is a product that contains Hyoloxyl. You can check out the PDF on Sederm'as website:

http://www.sederma.fr/Formulations/HALOXYL%20_formulations.pdf

We tested it out in a couple of different formulations, and quite frankly weren't that impressed. It didn't seem to do anything more than Vitamin K or Arnica or Seaweed Extract.

I don't know if that's what Hylexin contains, but that would be my guess. Interesting too how some of the posts here for Hylexin are very selective and unresponsive.

If they aren't answering the phone at Hylexin headquarters, that's pretty scary too. What kind of marketing campaign is that? "You really can't find our product in the stores that we said you could, but just send us some money and we'll ship it out to you. Oh, by the way, we don't answer our phones." Question

I don't get it. That's not the best way to build consumer trust! Am I just overly critical, or does this sound fishy to anyone else?
sky4961
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Aimee wrote:

Has anybody ever heard of any other product or procedure that helps with hereditary dark circles? Question

I found some other threads on this forum and seems there is good results with 'teamine' and with peter thomas roth power K eye rescue. I ordered some of the PTR stuff and it'll arrive tomorrow. I figure at least people have had luck with that product and it's the same price as 'hylexin' which seem sooooooooo sketchy right now lol.
sky4961
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
I have a hunch. Sederma (makers of Matrixyl) manufacture an active called "Hyloxyl", which is for lessening the appearance of dark under eye circles. We got a sample of it when we ordered our Matrixyl. I'm assuming that this Hylexin is a product that contains Hyoloxyl. You can check out the PDF on Sederm'as website:

http://www.sederma.fr/Formulations/HALOXYL%20_formulations.pdf

We tested it out in a couple of different formulations, and quite frankly weren't that impressed. It didn't seem to do anything more than Vitamin K or Arnica or Seaweed Extract.

I don't know if that's what Hylexin contains, but that would be my guess. Interesting too how some of the posts here for Hylexin are very selective and unresponsive.

If they aren't answering the phone at Hylexin headquarters, that's pretty scary too. What kind of marketing campaign is that? "You really can't find our product in the stores that we said you could, but just send us some money and we'll ship it out to you. Oh, by the way, we don't answer our phones." Question

I don't get it. That's not the best way to build consumer trust! Am I just overly critical, or does this sound fishy to anyone else?

I just wonder how hylexin can use the store names of bloomingdales/sephora etc as a way of showing what a reputable product they have, yet the stores don't/never have/never will cary their product. that sure doesn't seem legal.
sky4961
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Aimee wrote:

here's the thread I was mentioning, there are additional links inside to other discussions on dark circles. I'm excited to try the Power K eye rescue...if it doesn't work, i'll try the teamine next
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5215
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I don't know how they are using the store names if they are really not being sold there. I don't know if it's really illegal, but I personally think it's unethical. You probably will like the PTR Power K Rescue...I have heard good things about it. I have never tried it more than on my hand, but others on the forum seem to think it works well.
Good luck!
Smile
tootsie
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using hylexin for 2 days and have already noticed dramatic improvement. It looks like the main ingredients are (besides water and glycerine)
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE
POLYSILICONE -11
GYNOSTEMMA PENTAPHYLLUM extract
HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (Sunflower seed oil)
HYDROXYSUCCINIMIDE
HESPERIDIN METHYL CHALCONE and a variety of others that may or may not be the active ingredient in this product (MOST OF THE REST LOOK TO ME LIKE PRESERVATIVES).
I have tried many vitamin K formulas and a variety of others found in the most expensive shops in the US and Canada and this product - so far - has them beat. I'll let you know if i have any adverse reactions to this product - but so far, no rash, no burning, just lighter circles. I have VERY sensitive skin so I was pretty leery of trying it, but since i've tried everything else i thought "Why not?"
I'll keep you all posted:)
PS for the price of this stuff - it better work!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
tootsie,
Thank you so much for the post! Smile Please do keep us posted! Just out of curiosity, where were you able to purchase it?
tootsie
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered it online and was pleasantly surprised when it shipped out to canada in less than a week. I didn't know what to expect to be honest - being that the website is devoid of glamour and glitz like most companies trying to sell a product - I found it to be very easy to order and they only sell one product so how hard can that be.....
I like the claim that it repairs the tissues around the eyes and frankly, the explanation they have for why we have these purple stains around our eyes is realistic and simple to understand. Time will tell if it is a temporary fix or a permanant solution to an age old problem. Let's hope so!!!!!!

5% products discount

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:34 am      Reply with quote
tootsie...that's great you're seeing a difference!!! PLEASE keep us posted!!! Like I said, If the other stuff I ordered doesn't work out, I'd like to try hylexin but am just wondering why the company seems so sketchy lol.
thanks for posting the ingredients also!!!
tootsie
5% products discount

Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the hylexin for 4 days now and wow! what a dramatic difference. I only wish I had taken a close up before picture to post, i think most of you would be amazed at the quick results i have had. Even my family members have noticed a difference! (they are usually oblivious to any changes i make). Anyhow, no rash, no trouble with sensitivity so i can honestly say that i am impressed. I have noticed that the purple area under my eyes has lightened in color to match the rest of my face, however, the area in the corner of they eye near the bridge of the nose still needs some time. I'll check back in a few days to let you all know if there's any more improvement.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi tootsie,

Are your dark circles hereditary or caused by unhealthy lifestyle, allergies or iron deficiency etc? Ty.

Medusa
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Does this stuff bleach the skin around the eye area? How about drying? Thanks
gerrybl

Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I too have very dark circles under my eyes, almost black, and I thought Hylexin was worth a try. I bought it and just starting using it. After the first day there was a noticable difference. I'll keep you posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome! It is so wonderful to see all of these new members with such glowing posts for Hylexin! Please do keep us posted on your progress!
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
is it possible to use hylexin on the upper eye lid too? would the results vary in someone with a tan complexion?

Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone! Oh man am I glad there are other people out there with the same problem as me...

For those using Hylexin, I have some questions (most have been asked by others as well)

1) Does it work on hereditary dark circles?
2) Does it also work on the upper eyelids?
3) Does it bleach the skin surrounding the eye that you DON'T want lightened? (I don't see how it couldn't)
4) Any side effects?
5) And my only new question....which is that I'm also a bit dark under my mouth...do you think it would work there too?
frigger

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I placed an order for Hylexin a week and a half ago. I sent them an email a few days ago inquiring as to whether it had shipped yet, and became worried when my email was bounced back. Luckily, it arrived today, and I will start using it tonight.

For the record, I have hereditary dark circles, and I've tried a multitude of products to no avail. I hope Hylexin lives up to it's claims. I will report back on a weekly basis.
westcoastbc

Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered it over the phone..
It cost $95 dollars, shipping is free and they said it will be here at my home address in 3 to 7 business days. Seemed ligit over the phone.

I hope it works! I have the hereditary dark circles and so does my son. So wish me luck. I will post when i've started using it and let you all know if it works. Smile
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hello gerrybl,
How is the progress for you and your circles? I just started yeserday.
Appyone
heynow

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I started it on Sunday, April 3, I was afraid of side effects and started with a small amount, and put a little more on twice a day and since then , Yes I do see it works but not that great! I rub it in twice a day and yes it does work but its not the end all to the dark circles I have had since I was a teen. I will keep trying it until the tube runs out and will post again but from what I can see, there is no way its worth the $95
No way its worth that kind of money.
I always wonder if anyone has asked if this product has been tested by the FDA?
I would hate to find out in ten years that this product is a bad thing?
Beatrice

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Hylexin for about two weeksa not every day and I have been consistant. I do not see any difference at all. I also don't mean to sound rude but am I the only one that is looking at tootsie emails as advertisment from the company??? Also Bloomingdals does sell the product and Sefora has hear of it, they just have not received the produt yet. And sometime the product can have a burning sensation so be careful how much you put on
Mabsy

Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have been told that there is an employee somehow related to the Hylexin product that is posting here but I am not sure who that is or if those posts have been already removed by the original poster. Could be just about anyone who has posted anything about it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |