Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Dr Dennis Gross Triple C Peptide Firming Oil (30 ml / 1 floz) Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream Jar - Small (66 ml / 2.2 floz) Orlane Anagenese Points Vulnerable Filler (15 ml / 0.5 oz.)
Review of Valmont products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have used quite a few Valmont products, and want to review them one by one.

Since I like Valmont serums most, I will start from their serums. Overall, Valmont serums excel in moisture infusion and preservation.My skin is combination to oily, but lacks moisture essentially. That is why Valmont serums suit my skin type.

1. DNA Serum
This is a comparably cheap Serum among many Valmont serums. This is a light and water-like serum. I do not think it had any strong effect on my face. However, it is a simple serum for adding moisture.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
2. Valmont Hydra3 Regenetic Concentre Serum
This serum can preserve moisture longer. My skin feels soft and drinking water after applying this product. I even use this product on my dry eye lids. This is the only product that can infuse moisture into my dry eye lids. I guess my eye lids have inflammation. Standard eye creams fade quickly. However, with this product, my eye lids can feel refreshed for quite some time. I believe this is a very useful serum for thirsty skin.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
3. Valmont Prime AWF Polyfactor Repair Serum Factor III

I really like this serum. It is more milk like while hydra 3 is more liquid. The latter seems more useful for preserving moisture while the former works better for smoothing skin according to the description.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
4. Valmont Prime Eye Contour

Very light eye cream. I feel this eye cream is too basic for tired eyes. I guess it is good for young skins and eyes without much problem.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
5. Valmont Prime Regenera I

This is thinker than prime contour. I use this product during fall or spring.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
6. Valmont Prime 24 Hour

I like this face cream. It is light and soft. Prime Regnera I is too thick to extent on face. Prime 24 is easy to apply on face and good for use in summer.
Since I have oily skin, I usually apply sunscreen directly after serum. I do not find any face cream extremely useful.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
7. Valmont Prime Regenera II

I only used sample of this product. Too thick. Good for very dry skin, but it is not my cup of tea.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
8. Valmont Prime AWF Expression Line Reducer Eye Factor I

This is eye gel. I like eye gel, because it is useful for refreshing eyes and reduce puffiness. However, it is not effective for my dry eye lids. The moisture fades quickly. I need to apply another layer of cream after this eye gel. Considering its price, I replace it with Valmont serums.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
9. Valmont Prime AWF Expression Line Reducer Eye Factor II

Standard eye cream. I like to apply this product on my eyes after using the Valmont serums. I have sensitive eye lids and I won't have any allergy to this product.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:31 am      Reply with quote
10. Valmont Prime AWF Expression Line Reducer Eye Factor III

I only got a small sample from this product. It is expensive but very unique. I rarely found any balm-like eye product, expect for the stye cream. Interestingly, I found stye cream is very effective reducing inflammation and preserving moisture in your skin. I have to resort to stye cream when my eye lids are extremely dry. The point is: this balm-like eye product soothes my eyes and can last for a long time.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
11. Valmont Prime Renewing Pack

I complete do not understand why this is Valmont's start product. Many people experienced amazing effect on their skin, as clean and smooth as a boiled egg, after using it. I did not see any sign of "boiled egg" at all. Sisley black rose mask is a lot more effective brightening my skin up.

By the way, I have combination skin. If you have dry skin, renewing pack may be effective for you.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
La Prairie has earned good reputation for its eye creams. However, I like Valmont more than La Prairie. I have serious allergy to La Prairie eye products, including their caviar series. I never heard of anybody developing allergy to Valmont products, but I known many people have allergy to LP eye products.
mariejj
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Jun 2015
Posts: 50
Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
xyzabcd8 wrote:
11. Valmont Prime Renewing Pack

I complete do not understand why this is Valmont's start product. Many people experienced amazing effect on their skin, as clean and smooth as a boiled egg, after using it. I did not see any sign of "boiled egg" at all. Sisley black rose mask is a lot more effective brightening my skin up.

By the way, I have combination skin. If you have dry skin, renewing pack may be effective for you.


I love this product a lot as I have dry skin.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I feel Sisley black rose mask works a lot better than Valmont renewing pack. The texture of the former is softer and less sticky.

I have never bought full-size renewing pack. Did you apply a big amount of cream on face when using it?
mariejj
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Jun 2015
Posts: 50
Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:45 am      Reply with quote
xyzabcd8 wrote:
I feel Sisley black rose mask works a lot better than Valmont renewing pack. The texture of the former is softer and less sticky.

I have never bought full-size renewing pack. Did you apply a big amount of cream on face when using it?


I use it daily with a thin layer only, still have a good result Smile
mariejj
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Jun 2015
Posts: 50
Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:38 am      Reply with quote
xyzabcd8 wrote:
6. Valmont Prime 24 Hour

I like this face cream. It is light and soft. Prime Regnera I is too thick to extent on face. Prime 24 is easy to apply on face and good for use in summer.
Since I have oily skin, I usually apply sunscreen directly after serum. I do not find any face cream extremely useful.


I like this too and I used it in summer.
Debb3485
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 145
Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
mariejj wrote:
xyzabcd8 wrote:
I feel Sisley black rose mask works a lot better than Valmont renewing pack. The texture of the former is softer and less sticky.

I have never bought full-size renewing pack. Did you apply a big amount of cream on face when using it?


I use it daily with a thin layer only, still have a good result Smile


When you say you use it daily with a thin layer, do you leave the layer on or do you wash it off before applying serums & creams?
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Many ask whether Valmont serums should go with the brand's moisturizers. I usually do not use Valmont serums and moisturizers together for two reasons.

First, Valmont serum is moisturizing the skin well enough. Unless the weather is really cold and dry, a combination of the brand's serum, moisturizer, and sunblock can be greasy for my combination skin, and leaves a layer of oil on the top. So I usually use sunblock directly after the serums. This may not be a good practice for different skin types, so please add your thoughts if you disagree.

Second, both of them are expensive. I use Valmont serums as eye serums also to save some money. However, this means they run out pretty quickly (serums are in fact easily used up among all skincare products). A bottle of hydra 3 can barely last two months if using it in the morning and evening on the entire face. I always feel serums are more useful moisturizing my skin, thus if I need to choose between Valmont serums and moisturizers, I would choose the former. Correct me if this is wrong.
SnickersToo
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 1
Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
xyzabcd8 wrote:
I have used quite a few Valmont products, and want to review them one by one.

Since I like Valmont serums most, I will start from their serums. Overall, Valmont serums excel in moisture infusion and preservation.My skin is combination to oily, but lacks moisture essentially. That is why Valmont serums suit my skin type.

1. DNA Serum
This is a comparably cheap Serum among many Valmont serums. This is a light and water-like serum. I do not think it had any strong effect on my face. However, it is a simple serum for adding moisture.


Comparably cheap? So $275 an ounce is "cheap" to you? I would never pay that much for any serum; it would have to put Gold into my wallet for me to pay that much.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I cannot agree with you more that they are all expensive. Unfortunately, youth is priceless, and keeping youth is one of endless pursuits of the entire human race for thousands of years. Many scientific aging studies cost millions of dollars without outcomes. Hopefully, what we have spent on the skincare can at least slightly slow down the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 271
Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:30 am      Reply with quote
SnickersToo wrote:
xyzabcd8 wrote:
I have used quite a few Valmont products, and want to review them one by one.

Since I like Valmont serums most, I will start from their serums. Overall, Valmont serums excel in moisture infusion and preservation.My skin is combination to oily, but lacks moisture essentially. That is why Valmont serums suit my skin type.

1. DNA Serum
This is a comparably cheap Serum among many Valmont serums. This is a light and water-like serum. I do not think it had any strong effect on my face. However, it is a simple serum for adding moisture.


Comparably cheap? So $275 an ounce is "cheap" to you? I would never pay that much for any serum; it would have to put Gold into my wallet for me to pay that much.


I couldn't agree more. I don't think there's a topical that is effective enough to warrant that kind of greenbacks..
And if you really want to fall off your chair check out this 28 day program, Valmont Time Master
http://www.eliteskincare.com/Valmont-Time-Master-Intensive-Program-p/v98.htm

Of all the kinds of things that I could do with that money (that would probably be better for my skin), this would not be it.
They also don't seem very forthcoming with a complete ingredient list... which never works for me. Makes me suspicious..
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
tigerlily009 wrote:


I couldn't agree more. I don't think there's a topical that is effective enough to warrant that kind of greenbacks..
And if you really want to fall off your chair check out this 28 day program, Valmont Time Master
http://www.eliteskincare.com/Valmont-Time-Master-Intensive-Program-p/v98.htm

Of all the kinds of things that I could do with that money (that would probably be better for my skin), this would not be it.
They also don't seem very forthcoming with a complete ingredient list... which never works for me. Makes me suspicious..


WoW! Too expensive! Totally out of my reach!
carinazhan
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jun 2014
Posts: 22
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
xyzabcd8 wrote:
11. Valmont Prime Renewing Pack

I complete do not understand why this is Valmont's start product. Many people experienced amazing effect on their skin, as clean and smooth as a boiled egg, after using it. I did not see any sign of "boiled egg" at all. Sisley black rose mask is a lot more effective brightening my skin up.

By the way, I have combination skin. If you have dry skin, renewing pack may be effective for you.


Haha, I did't see the so called "boiled egg" at all. I used the sample 5ml in one time. I heard that if your skin is in bad condition, you can see obvious result.
oaijason
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2016
Posts: 50
Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Do u have any recommendation from valmont for dark spot?

xyzabcd8 wrote:
I have used quite a few Valmont products, and want to review them one by one.

Since I like Valmont serums most, I will start from their serums. Overall, Valmont serums excel in moisture infusion and preservation.My skin is combination to oily, but lacks moisture essentially. That is why Valmont serums suit my skin type.

1. DNA Serum
This is a comparably cheap Serum among many Valmont serums. This is a light and water-like serum. I do not think it had any strong effect on my face. However, it is a simple serum for adding moisture.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Oct 2015
Posts: 251
Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Some may find renewing pack is useful. However, it does not work for my combination skin. According to description, Valmont Infinite Radiance Essence Skin Illuminating Serum may also work. However, I have never tried it, so I could not guarantee.

Overall, I feel Japanese brands work a lot better for dark spot. For example, Kose SEKKISEI Lotion is really effective brightening up the skin, especially for combination and oily skin, though I heard that the kose lotion can be too strong for dry skin.

SKII serum can slightly brighten up the skin also, though Kose Sekkisei lotion is most useful based on my experience.

oaijason wrote:
Do u have any recommendation from valmont for dark spot?

xyzabcd8 wrote:
I have used quite a few Valmont products, and want to review them one by one.

Since I like Valmont serums most, I will start from their serums. Overall, Valmont serums excel in moisture infusion and preservation.My skin is combination to oily, but lacks moisture essentially. That is why Valmont serums suit my skin type.

1. DNA Serum
This is a comparably cheap Serum among many Valmont serums. This is a light and water-like serum. I do not think it had any strong effect on my face. However, it is a simple serum for adding moisture.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Dr Dennis Gross Triple C Peptide Firming Oil (30 ml / 1 floz) Sothys Duo Regenerative Solution + Regenerative Ampoules (2 items) Orlane Anagenese Points Vulnerable Filler (15 ml / 0.5 oz.)



Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2021 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed


Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |