Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Very worried and self conscious about aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MouseHouse
5% products discount

Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. I think I may be a bit paranoid, but I feel like I've suddenly aged so much in the past year or two.
I'm 25, caucasian, fair skinned, and thin with what seems like thin skin.
I went through a bout of severe anxiety and depression, and drank heavily for about two years. I don't drink anymore and I am a lot happier, although I just started eating better and being more active.

I seem to have a lot of wrinkles under my eyes when I smile! It looks so wrinkly. And when I'm not smiling and I get really close to the mirror, there are a few fine lines under each eye that aren't my normal ones. Also if I'm close up to the mirror and I move my face so light hit different spots, it seems like I'm getting some cross hatch lines where I sleep on my side. There is also a wrinkle by my nose from where I slept on my face a lot.

Is it normal to see fine lines like this at 25??
I also noticed that I've lost a bit of fat from my face, so I don't look as plump as before and my eyes look more hollow. Is this normal? Ugh, I also have no cheekbones so I feel like I'm going to age badly in the cheek area.
I don't have any forehead lines at all, but I do have a thin laugh line on one side that has only gotten a little longer in the past couple of years.
Both of my parents have a lot of under eye wrinkles, but they are also 50 and 60.
My main concern are my eyes. I feel so abnormal and I feel like I don't see under eye fine lines on other people my age. My skin also looks kind of dull and dry.

Has anyone found ways to reverse the clock a bit and thicken skin, get rid of fine lines? Certain diets, habits, products? My skin also doesn't heal from small pimples like it used to.

I feel like when I look in the mirror that I look so old! It's so strange though, I've never had anyone guess I'm over 25 (although people usually guess my age correctly). A girl my age thought I was 19 the other day...so I don't know if it's not as bad as I think it is.

This also sounds so stupid, but my boyfriend looks really young for his age and has really nice african skin. We're really happy and are great for each other, but I'm afraid eventually he'll notice and lose attraction for me in favor of someone younger looking. Maybe not now, but someday in the future when we're a bit older and it starts being really obvious. I know relationships shouldn't depend on looks...and I don't know how important that is to the average relationship for people in their 30s and 40s.
Sorry if I sound too whiney. I know appearance isn't everything. I've just felt pretty low about my looks :/ any advice would be very appreciated.
sar9876
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
This happened to me in my 20s because I am very fair and had gotten a lot of sun.

I stayed out of the sun after that, use retin a and eat as many fresh fruits/vegetabls as possible.

It's made a huge difference, but I think you'll need to commit to the diet and retin-a use, along with sleep and no sun.
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Hey its funny I came across this today you sound a bit like me (including the no cheekbones I'm very flat faced)but noticing aging in my under eye area mainly (I'm 25). I also have hollow under eyes and either losing a bit of weight has made it worse or starting to age has. The area is thinner and it creases up a lot more than it ever has when i smile but I can see a general change in my skin all over including my body so it might just be first signs of aging.

I think because we are young its best to start off with the simple things as getting our diets as good as we can, get tests done to see what were are intolerant of and allergic to, see if we are missing any vital vitamins and minerals, check hormones, thyroid etc. And then work from there, wear a good spf to protect the area. I am just looking into a it cosmetics your skin but better cc cream with a physical sunscreen in it spf 50! I cant wait to try it! One thing I have learnt from this forum is spf is the best thing for preventing aging so I would say definite start to try something that will suit your skin asap! Smile

Btw try not to worry maybe use a primer under the eye area if there are some fine lines and wrinkles I can almost have mine invisible with some. Do you use a lot of makeup? There's one primer that had my face looking like it was 12 again just by using the primer(it filled in every crevice showing on the face) but unfortunately I have so much discolouration and veins showing now I cant simply use a primer alone. Two or more products for me make me look too caked up Sad

Anyways try not to panic too much it most likely wont be as bad to others as you are seeing in the mirror. It never is Smile x
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Can you share your primer brand please? I've never found a good one to hide any fine lines without migrating. Thanks!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
Can you share your primer brand please? I've never found a good one to hide any fine lines without migrating. Thanks!!

The ones that i have found not to migrate are the olay 30 second wrinkle filler and the benefit porefessional Smile Hope that helps.
AndieGirl

Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
As a fair-skinned, Irish 34-year-old, I can say that yes....it's very normal to start seeing your very first signs of aging (generally fine lines around the eyes, etc.) at around 25.

But I think it's a good thing.In retrospect, I'd call it the Big Wake-Up Call. Bad Grin I know for me, in my social life and world at the time, people didn't worry about skincare and aging and such. But I wish that seeing those little signs would have woken me up, would have made be reach for a good sunscreen, would have made me stick to a skin care regimen, etc. I really do.

What you can do NOW is damage control and try to delay the other signs for as long as possible.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |