Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Issues with Nuface Trinity Twitching & conductive gel is
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I went ahead and bought a Nuface Trinity and began using it earlier this week and I am having a few issues with it. The 1st time I used it I used the gel they include in the kit and it made my face sting and turn red. The next day I used Aloe Vera and that stung even more (I have had this reaction before to aloe vera gel with no use of any device). Today I used the SBC Collagen gel that I understand others in the UK use with the Nuface to good effect, this too stung my face. The issue seems to be the gel rather than the device causing the reaction redness and stinging as each have felt a bit stingy right as I put them on. Is there any alternative to these gels I can use, would KY Jelly work?

Also the device says you shouldn't feel anything but mine makes my face twitch (especially with the SBC collagen gel which is ionized + & -) So that when I use it on my cheeks my lips and eye area twitches even on a lower setting and on the forehead I feel my scaply under my hair twitching. Using the aloe vera gel I got less twitching but it made my teeth tingle quite a bit. The conductive gel supplied was better on the twitch front but it irritated my skin quite badly.

Is this normal or is my device defective perhaps, not sure if I could keep us using it with all the twitching!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just did a quick test with the aloe vera again and this time it didn't burn so perhaps was a reaction with something else I used. Still got twitching and tingling in my teeth on lowest setting which concerns me as they say you should feel nothing, I don't want to do myself any damage to teeth or nerves.

Also how can you check if the device is real, I bought mine from a trusted UK seller but to be honest the device does feel a little cheaper than expected for example the battery rattles about a bit but perhaps this is normal?
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I bought my Nuface about a month ago... Also had a lot of twiching, the only thing I figured out was to put a lot of gel, not just to cover but to slide easily... On the beginning, I was ok with strength 3 for cheeks, only when near the eye area there is a bit of twiching. I am on 4 now for cheeks.
For forehead, I started with 2 (and a lot of gel), that is now sort of ok, and moved on to 3. I managed to cause myself a headache that lasted a whole day by doing some moves I invented on top of the existing ones (moved it over the central forehead - never did that again).
In terms of the gel, started with Nuface one, ended with a breakout, used the rest of it by applying to the section (for example left cheek), doing the section, then washing with soap immediately before moving to the next.
Tried with Aloa but didn't like it, dries too quickly. I read that it wasn't conductive so one should add a bit of salt but that was a bit of a hassle. I am now using ultrasound gel and quite like it. It is also quite cheap (Anagel Fetal Doppler Ultrasound Gel on Amazon), and there is a 5 kg pack as well...
There is a thread here about gels and how to make one, do a search (I would recommend using google to search the forum).

Anyway, those are my tips after a month. If somebody has additional ones, would love to hear about them Smile
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the advice Maggie, so you think the twitching gets better as you use it? I will look into that ultrasound gel you mention I had seen it but wasn't sure if it would work with the Nuface also very cheap Smile

I will perhaps try the aloe with a bit of salt tomorrow and will patch test first.

Thanks again!
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:22 am      Reply with quote
In terms of authenticity, I have my doubts as well... I also bought from a seller with good reputation on ebay, the price was really low, but decided to risk it...
Later investigation showed that a lot of devices are fake, and Nuface recommand only buying from them or authorised sellers (for example Amazon is not authorised). It would be great to hear feedback from somebody who bought from Nuface directly.

Back to my device, I like its quality, the only thing rattling is its contact with charger, when out of charger it seems solid. I do have a multimeter so measured the current, and the number is in the range of real nuface (400 mA) so I was convinced that I have nothing to lose by continuing with it.
Additionally I have previous experience with galvanic (Tua Viso, Rio Neck Toner), and this doesn't feel like that.
A month later, I can say there is a marked change in the jaw area (I have been doing facial exercises for 6 months before that and nothing significant happened in that area) so I am quite happy Smile
2 weeks ago, I added the neck part, following https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDkjWucXpck (she uses only Aloe). Apparently neck was previously a part of Nuface routine, but they removed it, don't know why.

Anyway, I am now thinking about getting the ELE attachment, and thinking about EDS, they have very good prices compared to other legitimate sources... Sadly, nothing on ebay... Oh well...
havana8

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:01 am      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
Is this normal or is my device defective perhaps, not sure if I could keep us using it with all the twitching!

Not sure if you've tried this yet, but on the Nuface FAQ, they say to do this to check if your device is working properly:

Quote:
To Troubleshoot: If you are concerned that your NuFACE (microcurrent) device is not working properly, follow these steps.

1. Turn the device on the highest level and place BOTH spheres on your clean, dry face (no primer, moisturizer, etc.) for no longer than ONE audible beep. As a precaution, please do not keep the NuFACE (microcurrent) device on your face without NuFACE Primer for longer than one beep.

2. You should feel a “pinch” or “stinging” sensation which indicates your NuFACE is working properly.

TIP: If you start out feeling no sensation, but during the treatment you begin to feel the current, the NuFACE Primer layer may be drying or too thin. Refresh by spraying the NuFACE Optimizing Mist or add more NuFACE Primer to the areas experiencing sensation. Remember, both spheres must always be touching the skin simultaneously for the treatment to be effective.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks your your replies, was away from home over the weekend and wasn't able to reply until now.

Maggie I tried to register my device on the Nuface website and it was accepted fine but perhaps that doesn't guarantee its real 100%.

I borrowed a friends multimeter although I'm not too sure how to use it. I set the meter to 200m and got a reading of around 03.7 although it jumped around a bit even to negative it was most often at 03.7 or 03.8 would that translate to 370 or 380 mA?

I haven't been able to use it much as I have been away and now my face is peeling after my reaction to the gels. Thanks for the link to the neck routine snd good luck with the ele attachment that looks great, if you do get it let me know what you think!

Havana8 thanks for the advice on checking the nnuface, I did as suggested and I got stinging they mention so perhaps I have just not got my gel right yet, I hope I can find a suitable alternative I will try the ultrasound gel Maggie suggested next.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Well, everything makes it sound legit... Which is odd, considering I bought it for around 50£ ...

How are you progressing, did you find the gel you can use?

While searching for ele attachment, I found something else, KD-7701, a small microcurrent device that has similar dimensions to ele. The price was below 20£ (how much below depends on (im)patience, price from China is nearer to 10 and local sellers charge near 20) and I decided to give it a try Embarassed
Anyway, it arrived, I've used it several times following routine for ele attachment. First impressions are that it takes a lot of time, so now I am concentrating only on my upper eyelids and brows... It lifts brows amazingly, I am quite happy with it. Of course, after less than a week I can't really speak about lasting results, but it is really promising and would warmly recommend it as a starter device so that people can find out if microcurrents work for them.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maggie,

I ended up with quite a bad rash from the gels so I haven't been using my nuface for over a week to let that clear up. I did buy some of the Anagel ultrasound gel you suggested and I patch tested it and it seems not to bother me hopefully I will be able to get back to using it next week properly.

I have looked at similer devices to the kd-7701 you mention and was interested. I have heard these devices can help with thickening up the skin under the eyes if you have dark circles which I do so it is something I will think about getting.

Thanks for your advice Maggie, I'll let you know how it goes with my device!
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I am so sorry about the rash Pandora... Hope it clears soon...

In terms of usage on the microcurrent near eyes, please always be certain not to use on the soft part, touch to feel where the bone ends and never move it over the soft part. I messed up a bit on my first test and had quite a weird feeling.

For the dark circles, I heard that one of the causes is skin thickness (don't have them so didn't test that theory). For increasing skin thickness, Deb Crowley posted a simple pinch and roll massage, it is easy to incorporate in daily regimen. I am doing that (thinking thicker skin - less wrinkles) and am quite happy with it. Be gentle in the beginning, first week my eyes were not very happy - swollen due to lymph but now I don't have any issues and I can really feel the difference in my skin. Anyway, that is my suggestion if you are ok with manipulating the skin, quite a lot of users lately are reluctant to do any type of skin pulling...

Take care!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Maggie, rash is pretty much all gone now so will perhaps start up with the nuface tomorrow.

I will do some research into the use of microcurrent round the eye area before I use anything there, I am not even sure micro current will work. I actually bought flex effect years ago but never used it much but will see if the eye massage you suggest is in my version.

I am kind of up for skin manipulation without going overboard. The concept behind it makes sense to me and the alternative of not doing that of being very gentle doesn't seem to have worked for other women I know so I am prepared to try something different and listen to my body's own feedback. I think it is an area where people vary in how useful they find it.
littleblackdrezz

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pandora

how does nuface treat you lately?
I purchased and started to use nuface 2 months ago, I loved the lifting results, unfortunately I started to have rash on my face, at first I thought it was the skincare products, I spent so much money on seeing doctors and changing products, also the primer gel, none of them worked until I stopped using the device, all the rash were gone

I don't know if it was the device itself that caused the rash or it was the gel, it is pretty frustrating!
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I don't see any reason the microcurrent would create a rash..it would likely be some ingredient in the gels. I use aloe vera gel and never did care for a lot of those conductive gels even though I don't have sensitive skin.
Any twitching, burning etc would be from not enough gel or the gel drying up. You can even use a little water to subsidize the gel when it dries.
littleblackdrezz

Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, that's really weird ,
I've started using Lily of the Desert, 99% Aloe Vera Gelly (ordered from iherb)
It seems better than the Nuface Primer but still got rash here and there.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |