Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Marionette lines
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any good exercises that really helps to restore volume in the marionette line area? Something that actually works!!!
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Since no one else answered this I'll say what I think..
There's not one thing, in my opinion, that tackles these issues on its own (except fillers and surgery).

Face exercises should be done as a whole and not spot exercises (or you can create problems)
Likewise, it depends on if we're talking about something that's caused by aging (sagging) or genetics.
I feel like I've made a dramatic change in my appearance (lines that were forming at my mouth to chin area) by using a combination of things...this would include retin-A, Vit C serum, dermarolling...and a dermapen, face exercise, microcurrent and light therapy..also a few peels here and there.
I haven't tried laser but that also is said to help.
I haven't done these things all at once, of course...but a progression.
You have to tackle the cause...usually sagging where the fat migrates downward and expression lines set in...and also stimulate collagen and address fine lines that are left behind.

It takes time and effort but if you're not going the filler/surgery route you have to have patience. You will see results.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Filler. Quick. Easy. Lasts! Love it.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:36 am      Reply with quote
There's nothing wrong with fillers or surgery. But it's just not for everyone...for various reasons.

I do like the idea of doing as much as I can on my own and not relying on something outside of my own resources. And so far it's working pretty well for me.
If I retire to a small European town in the next several years I won't be going to visit any Drs for a shot.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Best of luck to you! I tried everything under the sun. For a few hundred dollars a year, painlessly in minutes with an ingredient my body already makes - hyaluronic acid - those lines are gone. And it encourages new collagen to form.

Incredible for lip lines, too. I'm 100% satisfied with this method.

If you find another way, hope to hear about it!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:58 am      Reply with quote
I have successfully got rid of my ML folds. I must admit upfront though that they were never a concern for me because I always had them – and my mother and her mother did too so I just wrongly guessed I would have them forever.

I’m too much of a chicken to do deramrolling and have used Retin A for many years. Also surgery is great for some, but it scares the hell out of me.

As I say I just always thought I had them and so never gave them much attention or concern. For me the sagging and turkey waddle were my main concerns. I did facial exercises and a variety of programs for several years but what worked for me was the FlexEffect cross stretching technique. Now I went against the recommendations - not going to lie to you, and didn’t follow protocol and started it from day one and didn’t do it specifically for my NLs. I had been doing it for a while and it was my hubby who made a comment about them looking less pronounced. I laughed, thinking he was just being sweet as usual and checked the mirror and realized he was right.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Best of luck to you! I tried everything under the sun. For a few hundred dollars a year, painlessly in minutes with an ingredient my body already makes - hyaluronic acid - those lines are gone. And it encourages new collagen to form.

Incredible for lip lines, too. I'm 100% satisfied with this method.

If you find another way, hope to hear about it
!

Thank you... but I already have found another way and it has worked for me. Although I wouldn't call it luck.. Except for the genes.

Most people have more than one issue to address and it is rewarding to find the tools that address them. Of course, everything doesn't work for everyone and every tactic isn't right for everyone.
But I'm very happy for what has worked for me and appreciate the options available for us all.
I think it's important that people do see that there are choices that do exist and that they are valid.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I did facial exercise with FlexEffect for a long time. They gave me neck cords and more wrinkles. I wish I had never done them. If you look at her website, and it's been a decade since I've been there - her photos are still unconvincing. And the "before and after" photos of the customers are less than exciting. No thanks. For me, it actually harmed my face.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Okay this is one of my beefs too. Not with just FlexEffect but all the programs out there re photos. I mean don’t get me wrong – I believe in them and know that they work but why oh why hasn’t there been any proper studies done on it and photos done. I remember reading somewhere that Deb did work in a hospital so they surely would have some means of tracking their patients progress right?

Sorry to hear of your results JaeBlue. Can I ask how old you are? I truly don’t believe there is a one size fits all system out there no matter what people say. FlexEffect worked for me but I was in my 50’s and dealing with the aftermath of weightloss. Did you speak to the trainers (not sure if they are still there or have left?). They are usually very helpful!
JaeBlue wrote:
I did facial exercise with FlexEffect for a long time. They gave me neck cords and more wrinkles. I wish I had never done them. If you look at her website, and it's been a decade since I've been there - her photos are still unconvincing. And the "before and after" photos of the customers are less than exciting. No thanks. For me, it actually harmed my face.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Okay this is one of my beefs too. Not with just FlexEffect but all the programs out there re photos. I mean don’t get me wrong – I believe in them and know that they work but why oh why hasn’t there been any proper studies done on it and photos done. I remember reading somewhere that Deb did work in a hospital so they surely would have some means of tracking their patients progress right?

Sorry to hear of your results JaeBlue. Can I ask how old you are? I truly don’t believe there is a one size fits all system out there no matter what people say. FlexEffect worked for me but I was in my 50’s and dealing with the aftermath of weightloss. Did you speak to the trainers (not sure if they are still there or have left?). They are usually very helpful!
JaeBlue wrote:

TheresaMary, do you mind if I ask how much weight you lost, where you noticed a change in your face? Also, what kinds of changes did you see? I'd like to lose about 20 or so lbs but I'm afraid my marionette lines will get worse. Did anything work for you during this time? Any suggestions?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:03 am      Reply with quote
No I don’t mind you asking – it was about 40 lbs and I did it using weight watchers calorie counting. I had always been heavy though since having my sons in my early 30’s and so I was just in a - with my hormones etc. Whilst its common nowadays and I could easily identify looking back I hate depression and someone made a comment that gave me enough motivation to get serious and I lost a lot of weight rapidly and the worst place it showed was on my face (and I was 50 at the time!). I always had marionette lines and they were never a concern, but for me it was the sagging jawline and neck, and my cheeks were just plain old flat. So I grabbed whatever I could get my hands on. Internet wasn’t readily available back then (early 90’s) and so I did lots of asking around. I have done many programs over the last few years and nowadays do a combo of them which suits my face but it took time to discover that. I started later compared to most and have got good results so would say try everything and see what works for you! Don’t be swayed if you read about something working for someone else and it not working for you – there will be something out there that can/does.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |