Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Valmont & Cellcosmet ? - Calling Bushy, xyzabcd8, Valmon
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
and anyone else who has an opinion. I've tried reading through all of the reviews on both brands. Many of the Valmont threads have been around for a long time, like since 2006. So has Valmont revised or updated any of these products or is the formulation the same as it's been for the past nearly ten years?

Bushy, you've used both brands, would you recommend one over the other?

I am interested in an eye serum and/or cream and a face serum and/or cream so is there any consensus as to which Valmont products are the most effective ones?

I have been using a sample of Cellcosmet's Cellular Eye Contour cream and debating whether to buy it or try Valmont.

So I'd sure appreciate your opinions. TIA
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
For serums, I recommend Valmont. After all, you can use it as eye serums also.

Though other may have different opinions, it is not necessary to use Valmont moisturizers with its serum. Products from other brands can also work.

Cellcosmet eye cream is actually a good choice with a decent performance price ratio, if you do not very dry or sensitive skin around eye areas.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Debb3485 wrote:
and anyone else who has an opinion. I've tried reading through all of the reviews on both brands. Many of the Valmont threads have been around for a long time, like since 2006. So has Valmont revised or updated any of these products or is the formulation the same as it's been for the past nearly ten years?

I am interested in an eye serum and/or cream and a face serum and/or cream so is there any consensus as to which Valmont products are the most effective ones?

I have been using a sample of Cellcosmet's Cellular Eye Contour cream and debating whether to buy it or try Valmont.

Sorry to take so long to get back to you but Xmas cheer has kept me away.
Valmont has not really changed the main ingredients behind their standard lines although there have been some name changes but basically everything is still the same except for the new Expert of Light range which is different.
The only eye cream from Valmont that I used for a while was the Elixir Eye Cream. I had used samples of some of the others but that really does not give any indication other than to tell you if you could have a reaction to the product like most samples.
I am prone to eye puffiness and the Elixir did not cause this. The Cellcosmet Eye Cream caused my eyes to puff so I stayed with the Eye Contour Gel in the morning and the Ultra Eye Complex at night.
It really comes down to a personal preference as both lines are excellent. The Elixir range is obviously the best from Valmont and with Cellcosmet the CeLLEctive CellLift range.
With both lines, the products you choose depend on your age as I think the most active ingredients are increased in those products meant for older skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried both. Cellcosmet, IMHO, is a total waste of money. I had more results from using a simple HA serum or less expensive Sothys serums.

Valmont eye cream is really nice. Worth $300? Probably not.

The best Valmont products are the Collagen Mask and Eye patches.

HTH!
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Debb3485 wrote:

Sorry to take so long to get back to you but Xmas cheer has kept me away.
Valmont has not really changed the main ingredients behind their standard lines although there have been some name changes but basically everything is still the same except for the new Expert of Light range which is different.
The only eye cream from Valmont that I used for a while was the Elixir Eye Cream. I had used samples of some of the others but that really does not give any indication other than to tell you if you could have a reaction to the product like most samples.
I am prone to eye puffiness and the Elixir did not cause this. The Cellcosmet Eye Cream caused my eyes to puff so I stayed with the Eye Contour Gel in the morning and the Ultra Eye Complex at night.
It really comes down to a personal preference as both lines are excellent. The Elixir range is obviously the best from Valmont and with Cellcosmet the CeLLEctive CellLift range.
With both lines, the products you choose depend on your age as I think the most active ingredients are increased in those products meant for older skin.

Thank you Bushy. And I hope you had a great Christmas too. I've been using a sample of Cellcosmet gel & eye cream. I don't know if I will purchase full sizes once I've finished up the samples. I don't know that I've seen any improvement in the issues I have with my eyes. I'm 60 and have always used eye creams but have never found what I considered to be a HG treatment. I'm considering buying a sample of Valmont's eye treatment on ebay to see how that brand works for me. Thanks again.
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I have tried both. Cellcosmet, IMHO, is a total waste of money. I had more results from using a simple HA serum or less expensive Sothys serums.

Valmont eye cream is really nice. Worth $300? Probably not.

The best Valmont products are the Collagen Mask and Eye patches.

HTH!

Thank you RussianSunshine. I plan to look into Valmont eye products as I have never tried this brand. $300 is a lot for an eye product but perhaps I can find a sample on ebay to try.
valmontfan1984
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am using some of the products from cellcosmet. The eye cream is very light, you do not feel greasy or heavy at all. It does have some effect on lifting my eye lids because if I do not apply it for a while I feel my eye lids are heavier.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
May be you can try valmont. I like valmont best. It's effective. If you are interested in. You can answer me
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I like valmont more.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a few of their products, renewing pack is my favorite. I think it's the smell that I love the most. Really didn't see much difference with using them. Besides the smell and the textures, not worth the $$$.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I use valmont for a long time. I think new products are stronger than before and works well.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet is highly fragranced. I couldn't use it.

I don't mind frangrance but Cellcosmet is something else....

Valmont please
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
i am debating the same thing..i am trying to choose a face cream, but not sure valmont regenerica 1 or cellcosemt preventive...
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
student201516 wrote:
i am debating the same thing..i am trying to choose a face cream, but not sure valmont regenerica 1 or cellcosemt preventive...

They are both excellent lines. It really depends on what condition your skin is currently in and what you are trying to achieve. Perhaps you could give us a little more information.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:35 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
student201516 wrote:

They are both excellent lines. It really depends on what condition your skin is currently in and what you are trying to achieve. Perhaps you could give us a little more information.

i am 30 and i am looking for a cream in winter with good antiaging property.
my skin type is more like neutral, not dry and not oily.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
student201516 wrote:
bushy wrote:
student201516 wrote:

Both of the creams you were looking at will suit. I think the key to maintaining your skin is to find a line that suits your skin and stay with it. Both Valmont and Cellcosmet have unique bases of their propriety ingredient and have stayed with it which suggest to me that they work over time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
student201516 wrote:
bushy wrote:
student201516 wrote:

Both of the creams you were looking at will suit. I think the key to maintaining your skin is to find a line that suits your skin and stay with it. Both Valmont and Cellcosmet have unique bases of their propriety ingredient and have stayed with it which suggest to me that they work over time.

hi, i went to saks to try the cellcosmet creams, and i feel it is quite think and kinda hard to absorb, and perhaps the light weight version is more suitable.
I did not find the valmont there, do you know if valmont regenerica cream is similar texture?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
student201516 wrote:

hi, i went to saks to try the cellcosmet creams, and i feel it is quite think and kinda hard to absorb, and perhaps the light weight version is more suitable.
I did not find the valmont there, do you know if valmont regenerica cream is similar texture?

I have not tried that particular Valmont cream but I normally find the Cellcosmet creams very light. My skin used to be oily and prone to breakouts but I never had any problems with Cellcosmet or many of the Valmont lines.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
student201516 wrote:

I have not tried that particular Valmont cream but I normally find the Cellcosmet creams very light. My skin used to be oily and prone to breakouts but I never had any problems with Cellcosmet or many of the Valmont lines.

interesting, the cellcosmet cream looks very thick to me....
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:45 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Cellcosmet tinted moisturizer and a few people who did not know it was a $300 cream thought it was too scented and were wondering what in it could be worth $300.

For me, I find it too scented and will most likely use it as a highlighter as it is too scented to put all over my face.
But it did make my frown lines disapear when I used it, but then Murad serum does that more also.

I had a sample of Valmont eye cream and it was nice, but too fragranced for me, so could not really use it.
I gave it to my sister and she liked it.

I can only use fragrance free, no acid things in my eye area or else have a lot of problems.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using the Cellcosmet Ultra Vital Cream Light and added the Cellcosmet Toner and Cellcosmet Gentle Purifying Cleanser. I have found that adding the use of their cleanser and toner makes the cream absorb much quicker. I think it is beneficial to use compatible products and the results are certainly enhanced.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I tried the Cellcosmet tinted moisturizer and a few people who did not know it was a $300 cream thought it was too scented and were wondering what in it could be worth $300.

For me, I find it too scented and will most likely use it as a highlighter as it is too scented to put all over my face.
But it did make my frown lines disapear when I used it, but then Murad serum does that more also.

I had a sample of Valmont eye cream and it was nice, but too fragranced for me, so could not really use it.
I gave it to my sister and she liked it.

I can only use fragrance free, no acid things in my eye area or else have a lot of problems.

i agree that cellcosmet is too scented....however i have never tried any valmont..
is the fragrance also very strong? what kind of scent does it have?
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if Valmont products are comedogenic ?
Thank's
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
jess2101 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Valmont products are comedogenic ?
Thank's

All Valmont products are non comedogenic.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bushy !
thank you for your help !
can you advise me a care routine, serum + cream for a person of 40 years Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |