Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. H's Cleansing Cream and Lush's facial cleansers....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AndieGirl

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
....has anyone else noticed the similarities in their ingredients and forumations?

I'm a total newbie to Dr. H and I haven't purchased the cleansing cream yet. At this point, I probably won't, seeing as how simple the forumation is and how many awesome DIY recipes there are for it on this forum.

Ironic part is that I've always loved the Lush cleansers, particularly their most popular one- "Angels on Bare Skin". This is a good cleanser for me because I very rarely wear foundation make-up. If I wear make-up at all, it's some lipstick and subtle, natural-looking eyes. Occasionally I'll wear a little bit of Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer (aka "that newish sponge-y roller ball concealer") around my eyes or as an eye shadow base.

But otherwise I really dislike foundation/base. With very few exceptions (Pacifica serum foundation is the only one I can think of off-hand), I don't like the way they feel on my face. Never have. And I always tend to break out more if I wear a foundation for more than one day in a row. Always, always, ALWAYS. Doesn't matter if it's liquid, cream, tinted BB cream or mineral make-up (I have a loooong relationship with mineral make-up....while I love the way it makes me look, it always causes breakouts. Figures.) I've tried primers, I've tried anti-acne formulations....doesn't matter. They all cause me to break out if worn regularly. And with my very fair, freckled, Irish skin, most foundations (except for those mineral powders) look mask-like and sometimes even clownish on me. No matter how little I use or how I apply it.

ANYway. Sorry about the digression. So, my point is, since I don't wear base or foundation or long-wearing lipstick, etc., Lush's cleansers have always been perfect for me. I'll usually remove my eye make-up if I'm wearing any with some olive oil on a cotton pad, and once that's done I use my Lush "AoBS" as directed. (scoop out a bit into the palm of your hand, add some water to make a paste, and then gently cleanse your face with it.)

Also, since it's pricey, I've tinkered around with making my own version of Lush's "AoBS". I've finally perfected it, IMO, with a few tweaks that I think make it even better. I'll post those recipes over in the DIY/recipe forum if anyone is interested.

But anyhow, reading the Dr. Hausechka CC threads made me realize how close to Lush's cleansers it seems. And....I don't know if I have an actual question here, really, or if this is just a "Hey! *lightbulbmoment*" observation-type post. Laughing

I guess I can ask, has anyone esle noticed this similarity? Has anyone tried both? And if so, which did you think was better? And why? I'd love to hear any of those stories.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Another fair, freckled, Irish skin gal here too. Now I’ve used Dr H cream, and didn’t see anything amazing from it, but do know that it was easier using that than it was to make my own cream cleanser. I did use one Lush product one time which was just terrible on my skin and I felt the need to wash and rinse about 100 times after. Never again. Whilst their ingreidents seem similar – they are lightyears apart. I know Lush make a big old song and dance out of their products being natural, but a lot of people who I know say that whilst they are natural – they are coupled with non-natural ingredients etc and some of their stuff is too harsh for the skin. I bought a salt scrub from them one time for my face – and my derm was horrified and advised me to chuck it right away and I must admit that I did on his advice alone. I used it a few times and it dried my dry skin out completely. One of my sons when he was a teenager bought something from them and also lived to regret it and threw it out and never went back to them.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I like Dr. H's Cleansing Cream more
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |