Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Pink scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
What can I try using for pink scarring? Flat pink scars. Would hydro quinine or retinol help at all? Is laser really the only option??
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I have never heard of hydro quinine.
But I think there is a medication called Quinine...

I was told by a Dr, that for scars you can use a cream that has silicone and vitamin C.
Or else you can buy these sheets of reuseable silicone and you are supposed to put them on scars to help them smooth out.
That does work a bit.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
My scars are flat. I just have permanent pinkness left where bumps used to be.
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Silicone scar sheets. Be sure skin is clean and dry, get as tight a seal as you can, and wear as much as possible (except not in the shower).
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:59 am      Reply with quote
naia2006 wrote:
Silicone scar sheets. Be sure skin is clean and dry, get as tight a seal as you can, and wear as much as possible (except not in the shower).

For pink discolored skin? How do I wear scar sheets on my face?
oaijason
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
merdarma does not work for sure
SJAY
5% products discount

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Have you thought about doing a series of light to medium depth chemical peels? Retinol or Retin A do have the potential to help but it would take some time for results to be seen.

I would look into options such as peels, microdermabrasion (not to be confused with dermabrasion), or creams/gels that have AHA's or Retinol/Retin A.
sar9876
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
If they are new, I was taught that retin a inhibits some of the scar formation that would otherwise occur. It's most effective on new scars for that reason.
IreneAdler

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I would ask your dermatologist. I personally use hydroquinone for brown spots / freckles on my face. I know a friend of mine got a tube of something for scars on her legs. I don't think it was hydroquinone or retina-a specifically but a type of mixture.

I have some of these scars from the 90s. I'd had several"funny" moles removed.

Best,
IA
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I feel using masks soaked with Kose sekkesi lotion can help reduce scar colors, conditioning on that you are not sensitive to the lotion.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
SJAY wrote:
Have you thought about doing a series of light to medium depth chemical peels? Retinol or Retin A do have the potential to help but it would take some time for results to be seen.

I would look into options such as peels, microdermabrasion (not to be confused with dermabrasion), or creams/gels that have AHA's or Retinol/Retin A.

Yes I have thought of chemical peels but I don't think I could do them because my skin is sensitive and it seems to react to even a small percentage of acid in creams and toners I've tried in the past. I guess would something like Philosophy's retinol pads be worth a try?
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
IreneAdler wrote:
Hi,

I would ask your dermatologist. I personally use hydroquinone for brown spots / freckles on my face. I know a friend of mine got a tube of something for scars on her legs. I don't think it was hydroquinone or retina-a specifically but a type of mixture.

I have some of these scars from the 90s. I'd had several"funny" moles removed.

Best,
IA

Is there anyway you would be able to find out what she was given? Thank you. I've read hydroquinone cannot work for pink hyperpigmentation, j think.
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
You can try la mer the concentrate. It might not make the scar disappear, but I believe you will see the change. The only thing I don't like about la mer concentrate is the silicon in it. It makes the fake smooth feeling.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Pink scars generally indicate that there is active glycolysis going on, with ATP production, which is actually a better situation than pale scars because your skin is likely trying to reform the collagenous scar tissues (tear down the old, build new). Try something topical with TGF-B3 which is the most anti-scarring molecule. Avoid TGF-B1 which works in the opposite direction.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:30 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Pink scars generally indicate that there is active glycolysis going on, with ATP production, which is actually a better situation than pale scars because your skin is likely trying to reform the collagenous scar tissues (tear down the old, build new). Try something topical with TGF-B3 which is the most anti-scarring molecule. Avoid TGF-B1 which works in the opposite direction.

did a search and can't find products with TGF-B3
Is it similar to Skin Actives Epidermal Growth Factor BT (EGF)?
Camouflage
5% products discount

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Pink discolorations following pimples are not exactly scars but post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I don't think products like Mederma or silicone sheets will make much difference as these are targeted toward keloid scars. My choices would be either Adapalene, a mild daily exfoliant or vitamin C at a high concentration.
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Camouflage wrote:
Pink discolorations following pimples are not exactly scars but post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I don't think products like Mederma or silicone sheets will make much difference as these are targeted toward keloid scars. My choices would be either Adapalene, a mild daily exfoliant or vitamin C at a high concentration.

coincidentally, i just bought Adapalene, going to use it once my retinol serum is finished. I also made a super concentraded of LAA vitamin C.

think the pink scar is probably fading... slowly

i got skinactives scar vanishing serum and also their restoration cream.
hope that'll work
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |