Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
whats the best device for skin tightening ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys looking for some advice i have for many years taken care of my skin and spent a lot of money on skincare ,treatments ,home devices you name it . I have had the pico the tua trend the skindream ultrasound ,light therapy for home use.I had ultherapy a few years ago on neck and jaw with no results cost £1000 im ashamed to say . I have caci treatment once a week and i dermaroll every 6 weeks i use retin a vitam c copper peptides sunscreen all these for years . I have tried botox and fillers and at first i feel a bit better but i have had no big wow with them. I feel all this work had been working ok up until about a year ago when my hormones started to go mad and this is when aging has really set in and i am noticing loose jaw line sagging cheeks etc. All the money ive spent and still the slackening . So one of my questions is once the hormones start to go is there nothing that can prevent the slackening face even when we do what we can to prevent it or at least slow it down? or am i not using the right device ? I have been wondering about stop or tria? to lift and tighten. I would love your advice . thanks xx
Photopro
5% products discount

Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Several of us have had good results with Tripollar Stop and Tria Anti Aging Laser. I've had good results with both. The Tria is more convenient because you don't have to apply glycerine.

As for the Ultherapy - I've seen lots of horror stories over at RealSelf. For some people it may work, but I saw a few before-and-afters that weren't good at all.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi thanks for reply .So which tool do you feel was the best out of the 2 for skin tightening espescially around the jaw . thanks x
oaijason
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:58 am      Reply with quote
looking for one as well...
skinhelp
5% products discount

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Menopause can really wreak havoc on the skin. Sadly, the only thing that really worked was I dare say.........plastic surgery.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Menopause can really wreak havoc on the skin. Sadly, the only thing that really worked was I dare say.........plastic surgery.

Well, it can be if you're neglectful as I was for awhile. But I disagree that surgery is the only solution.
Sure, we're never going to look 20 again and even surgery and fillers won't bring that back. But there are so many tools and products that actually work where things like sagging, tone and texture can be vastly and dramatically improved without surgery.
Bhim

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys.
Thank you for your topic.
Skin tightening can be done either with a fractional or fully ablative laser this give the perfect result.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Photopro wrote:
Several of us have had good results with Tripollar Stop and Tria Anti Aging Laser. I've had good results with both. The Tria is more convenient because you don't have to apply glycerine.

As for the Ultherapy - I've seen lots of horror stories over at RealSelf. For some people it may work, but I saw a few before-and-afters that weren't good at all.

I have had Ultherapy and love the results, hurts like hell but worth it.

I also recommend the Tripollar stop, great results after a few sessions. I had Thermage too so I actually didn't expect results since I already had the best treatments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:35 am      Reply with quote
HI, I have a machine that has RF. I used it religiously on my ugly, flappy batwings for 3 months. (this was almost a year ago). It got really, really hot. It wasn't at all pleasant to use. Also, I used it on my abdomen where I have a little loose skin. Anyway, I got ZERO improvement in either area. I was so disgusted with the whole process. Mad Brick wall
My batwings bother my more than anything...well those and my witchy hands. I'm going to a little seminar type gathering at a plastic surgeon's office later this week. I really don't want to go thru surgery with the long scars on my arms. UGH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI, I have a machine that has RF. I used it religiously on my ugly, flappy batwings for 3 months. (this was almost a year ago). It got really, really hot. It wasn't at all pleasant to use. Also, I used it on my abdomen where I have a little loose skin. Anyway, I got ZERO improvement in either area. I was so disgusted with the whole process. Mad Brick wall
My batwings bother my more than anything...well those and my witchy hands. I'm going to a little seminar type gathering at a plastic surgeon's office later this week. I really don't want to go thru surgery with the long scars on my arms. UGH!

Before you do something so drastic and nonreversible have you heard of the fascia blaster? I would check it out, lots of info on you tube.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi, bugaboo, Yes, I have. My underarm loose skin is too voluminous for fascia blaster. Rolling Eyes Thank you very much for the suggestion.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:46 am      Reply with quote
wow, good to hear as I plan to try Ultherapy next month. did the doctor only apply the numb cream on the face, or any injection was done?

for Tripollar Stop and Tria, which one works better for lifting and tightening? thanks a lot

bugaboo wrote:
Photopro wrote:

I also recommend the Tripollar stop, great results after a few sessions. I had Thermage too so I actually didn't expect results since I already had the best treatments.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Mars - I did see on the Fascia blaster board that someone had the surgery and used the FB for the scarring. It was amazing how much those scars healed and were hard to see.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Following out of curiosity. Great suggestions so far guys. Thank you!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
ying0101 wrote:
wow, good to hear as I plan to try Ultherapy next month. did the doctor only apply the numb cream on the face, or any injection was done?

for Tripollar Stop and Tria, which one works better for lifting and tightening? thanks a lot

bugaboo wrote:
Photopro wrote:

As for the Ultherapy - I've seen lots of horror
stories over at RealSelf. For some people it may work, but I saw a few before-and-afters that weren't good at all.

Ultherapy doesn't require injections. I haven't heard of numbing cream either.

5% products discount

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Adore this board! My question..I recently lost 85 pounds over the last 20 months. Everything is fab, except for an annoying part under my chin, looks like stretch marks, and some sagging, not tight. Will micro-current machines tighten it up? If so, which do you recommend for this area? Laser...ultrasound...so many choices, but I really want to purchase one that is great for my problem area. I am 56. Can someone please help me, you are all so very knowledgeable....wow. I love it here..lol. Thank you!
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Just a word on the fasciablaster. If you don't have a lot of fat the fasciablaster actually makes your skin looser and more crepey.
EarthBallerina
5% products discount

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!! I don't have extra fat now. Isn't the eco tan a Tanner?? I ordered loulou's Ageless books this weekend.. Very excited... Thank you, board!!!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Just a word on the fasciablaster. If you don't have a lot of fat the fasciablaster actually makes your skin looser and more crepey.

I disagree, as a former fitness competitor I had really tight and developed hamstrings, wasn't very flexible at all and they were chunky and painful. I worked through it with the blaster and I have removed the tightness and "cellulite". At 13% bodyfat, why would I look like I have cellulite. No, my legs are firm.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, where are you buying Tripollar Stop from in uk?
I have seen it on ebay- would that be a knock-off?
thanks.
NostalgicGirl
5% products discount

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Plastic surgery might be the last resort action, other than that Fascia blaster is the good option with amazing results.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Scarless surgery is in the research labs...sure hope it comes to be!

https://www.newbeauty.com/blog/dailybeauty/10385-surgery-without-scars/
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I have been considering trying out another facial exercise program. I did not get good results with the program I have been using. Should I forgo the facial exercises and invest in a TriPollar Stop device? I need some serious lifting in my jawline, cheeks and neck. Tripollar is not cheap, so I will of course research it and go from there, but I would love some opinions from members who have tried it.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:31 am      Reply with quote
From memory you were doing Ageless right - well I think I shared with you when I did just Ageless my lower face didn't look as good so I have incorporated some lower face exercises from other programs and that works well for me. However I did give it a go - and tried it for a few months without doing other programs, but I like mixing and matching exercises so that works well for me.

With Tripollar - most people I know who purchased it initially - none are still using it. Some even went on to using Lightstim in its place and said that was better even though it is not the same kind of device.
BellesBeautyShop wrote:
I have been considering trying out another facial exercise program. I did not get good results with the program I have been using. Should I forgo the facial exercises and invest in a TriPollar Stop device? I need some serious lifting in my jawline, cheeks and neck. Tripollar is not cheap, so I will of course research it and go from there, but I would love some opinions from members who have tried it.
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaMary. Yes, I was using the Ageless Exercise Program. The problem was bruising and what appeared to be broken capillaries around the area where my nostrils and cheeks meet. I was using the program, resting for a few days as instructed, taking breaks, etc. but each time I started back up the same thing would happen. I gave up. At this point, I don't think I know enough about facial exercising to combine exercises from different programs. I am curious about the Tripollar device, but I will not purchase it. I would rather invest in a professional peel or laser treatment because over the last few years I have developed very sensitive skin and I don't know how my skin will react to home-use devices. I don't want to invest in a device that my skin can't tolerate. It's strange because I have a deep olive complexion and never had sensitive skin in my life. I have always used actives (tretinoin, Vitamin C, etc.) but I had to stop using everything for the last 6 months or so because my skin was getting inflamed and I was getting rashes from everything. Even the sun was giving me rashes and crazy itching (with sunscreen).(And I must use sunscreen because I have already had a basal cell carcinoma on my face and a biopsy for melanoma on the back of my thigh last month. Fortunately it was not a melanoma). I resorted to wearing a hat, long sleeved tops and long pants until I could tolerate sunscreen again. I have been dermarolling for a long time (infrequently) and had no problem with it. The only thing I had added to the skin regimen that I had already been using for years was the Baby Quasar and I added it in slowly, but I think it tipped my skin over the edge. I sold it because I figured it was going to be a long time before I could use it again without inflammation. So, I am finally at the point where I have incorporated tretinoin and Vitamin C back into my skin care routine with no irritation. My sun sensitivity is gone too. But, after what I went through I won't be purchasing any new devices anytime soon. I would like to begin a facial exercise program again. I am going back and forth between Carolyn's Facial Fitness and Carole Maggio's Facercise. They both have wonderful and extensive reviews. Carolyn is known for her great customer service, but there are a lot of exercises to learn. A plus is that Carolyn's program can be done 3-5 days a week. Carole Maggio's program seems easier to master. I like that you can do the exercises in the car, but I don't like that you have to do them 2x a day. So, I am going back and forth. My biggest pet peeve is vertical lip lines. Because I just can't decide between the two programs, I am reading reviews about how successful their upper lip exercises are at fading or eliminating perioral lines and will probably choose the program that best addresses them. I emailed Carolyn and she claims that it takes a lonnng time, but her program does eliminate them. So that is where I am at right now. I also used the $$ I received from the sale of my Baby Quasar to purchase a Derminator. I have not used it yet, put I am planning to start next week. So, if you have any suggestions for me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |