Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial Exercise - Beginner Advice Needed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
glowyskin
5% products discount

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am 28 years old, and wanted to get higher fuller cheek, as I am seeing very mild sagging along the side of my mouth and under my eyes.

I am very interested in facial exercises but the information is overwhelming.

Can you please answer some of my questions below:

1. Which one is a good program?

2. If I just want to work on my cheeks, do I need to work out my other facial muscles so it doesn't cause any sort of imbalance?

3. How often should I do them?

4. How long before noticing results?

5. Lastly, any side effects from doing them like excess wrinkles?

Thank you!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Well they are all good and all deliver good results so it is a bit difficult to answer your question because it depends on which program you are doing and what your goals are.

So with wanting fuller and higher cheeks my suggestion is to do Ageless if you Dare. Many do that program and its short, easy and delivers results to the cheeks big time.

You do need to work other muscles otherwise you will look strange and odd but there are some short and quick ones that Loulou does in Ageless which are nice.

How often – well once a day for 5 days I think would get you results.

How long before results – you should see some changes right away, but it depends how fast or slowly you build muscle. Nothing set in stone.

Side effects – well again depends who you talk to, which program they do etc. With Ageless she has you lock down muscles so you don’t really create creases/wrinkles, but you work the muscle intensely. Take a look at the Ageless thread.
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:53 am      Reply with quote
i googled youtube for "Tanaka Facial Massage"
i think it'll be good to do regularly.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:59 am      Reply with quote
See how your face responds. Some found they needed 2 days rest - others didn't. Each person/face is different.
preciousia wrote:
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:09 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
See how your face responds. Some found they needed 2 days rest - others didn't. Each person/face is different.
preciousia wrote:

good advice!
if only i was so dilligent to do daily.
the face does get a good ache when massaged.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:53 am      Reply with quote
It also depends what your goals are and how old you are too. I read countless horror stories from youngsters messing up their faces because they go at it too hard and too soon. When you get to 40 that's probably good time to start - but sooner that that is trouble. I'm now in my 60s and wouldn't be without them and if I don't do them I can see my face lets me know and doesn't look good. You may be young enough not to need them yet which is great.
preciousia wrote:
good advice!
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:41 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
It also depends what your goals are and how old you are too. I read countless horror stories from youngsters messing up their faces because they go at it too hard and too soon. When you get to 40 that's probably good time to start - but sooner that that is trouble. I'm now in my 60s and wouldn't be without them and if I don't do them I can see my face lets me know and doesn't look good. You may be young enough not to need them yet which is great.
preciousia wrote:
good advice!

I'm in my late 40's and would like to tighten the overall look of my face, especially the jaw area. What facial exercise program do you recommend for a beginner? Thank-you,
Lou

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:42 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
preciousia wrote:
good advice!

I'm in my late 40's and would like to tighten the overall look of my face, especially the jaw area. What facial exercise program do you recommend for a beginner? Thank-you,
Lou

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:40 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
preciousia wrote:
good advice!

those kids have way too much time on their hands. now that you tell me that i understand.
i usually get the facial massage only when i go for a facial as i don't know how to do it myself.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:00 am      Reply with quote
There are many and it depends on your goals. I often suggest Tom Haggerty's Shapeyourface.com program as he has described the exercises for free on his website (although there is a dvd you can purchase of him doing/talking about the exercises) plus he has a forum. There are 5 exercises in total which are quite quick and easy to do but are enough to give anyone a start to seeing what is possible and then you can choose to move on to adding other things.
Loumomofthree wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
preciousia wrote:
good advice!

Lou
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |