Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I caught my 13-year-old trying to open the serum. I may have over-reacted just a tad. She'll understand when she's older. My husband heard the yelling & thought I caught her smoking or something Embarassed
Mabsy

Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I caught my 13-year-old trying to open the serum. I may have over-reacted just a tad. She'll understand when she's older. My husband heard the yelling & thought I caught her smoking or something Embarassed
rofl Poor girl!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Yayyyyyyy for those of us who are klutzy!!! (If it can be dropped, I WILL drop it...lol). I just got my new IS Clinical order and the serums are now in pump bottles....

Doing a little happy dance.... Very Happy
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:46 am      Reply with quote
yeah!!!!!! I had been recycling the pumps from my used hydra cool bottles when I was finished with them and putting them in the other serums...I only needed one more pump so that everything would have a pump!

liz
Mert
5% products discount

Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Is there anybody using this line and suffer from Post inflam. hyperpigmentation or overall hyperpigmentation and getting any lightening/brightening´effect?? Is this the key line to get a even-toned skin or is it just another provisional fix???.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Errrr huh?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
The same thing I was thinking. What exacting do you mean by 'provisional fix' Any sundamage will come back without treatment or prevention.

Liz
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Hello ladies, I never posted before although I've been reading these posts with great interest for a while now!

This last set of posts stirred me to action though, as I have been wondering if anyone has noticed a lightening of any hyperpigmentation spots from using the IS Clinical range? I have some pretty nasty pigmentation patches from too many years in the sun when I was younger, and nothing I've tried (which is a lot!)seems to work to fade them.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I have melasma-I can't say ALL the spots are gone-they've been there for 15 years, but they've lightened considerably. Also, I go to Greece every year (yah I know, poor me Very Happy ). Every time I come back, I look like patchwork quilt (despite liberal use of LaRoche Posay SPF 1000 ). Those large areas of discloration are gone and I can go out without foundation or just use a TM.

One caveat, I do use a retinol product every other night ( Green Cream) I'm going to use the skinceuticals one in the fall. That also seems to help. The Is Clinical products are active exfoliators and have lightening ingredients in them, so I'm very confident they've made a major difference-at least for me. As a plus, they've also evened out skin texture-pores & old acne scars, so my skin is a lot smoother.

Don't forget the vit.c serum as well-very important for pigmentation problems. Smile

I've tried a lot of stuff too-hydraquinone only made them worse whcih is something I'll never understand Confused
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Marina, that's really helpful! I've tried hydroquinone too, and although it didn't seem to do any harm it didn't help either. I'm currently using Skinceuticals serum 20 in the morning and MD Forte facial lotion III in the evening, and they are nice products but not quite to die for. I've read a lot about a newish product called cosmelan (or amelan depending on where you are) which sounds like it may do some good for melasma, but it sounds pretty scary too, lots of peeling involved. Doubt

I think that IS Clinical will definitely have to be my next investment when my current products are all used up. Drool
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I just got my samples yesterday, so I'll be reporting in with my results over the next week or two. I have the Super, Active, and Moisture cream, not the Hydra-cool. The cream is for us older babes.

Lexy

ETA: EDS says they will carry this line (possibly) if there is enough interest. So please write them and let them know you are interested!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Pray I'm tired of duty/customs charges. They're also supposed to be coming out with sunscreens later this year. That'll be their real test since we're all sunscreen experts on this board. Very Happy
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen experts, really? Aside from Skinceuticals, what are the favs? Someone recently told me that Colorscience's brush on sunscreen was wonderful but a search here doesn't show any comments or interest.

Also, I don't have the IS Clinical cleanser. The "phone rep" thought it was drying, especially for over 50 skin. Does anyone have mature skin and like the cleanser?

Lexy (Alexis)
Mabsy

Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
Sunscreen experts, really? Aside from Skinceuticals, what are the favs? Someone recently told me that Colorscience's brush on sunscreen was wonderful but a search here doesn't show any comments or interest.

I've got the Colorescience foundation which is SPF30 from what I recall. It *is* good - I just hate the packaging (self-dispensing brush loaded with powder) so I don't use it much. I'll need to move it to another container....

I like the Skinceuticals sunblock, Murad Oil-Free (which is slightly tinted) and also Kosmea Moisturising Lotion with SPF30+.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:

Also, I don't have the IS Clinical cleanser. The "phone rep" thought it was drying, especially for over 50 skin. Does anyone have mature skin and like the cleanser?

Lexy (Alexis)

Sunscreen experts in terms of knowing which ones are stable and most protective (high ppds). Unfortunately I have mature (49) but still oily skin so its not easy. I buy LaRoche Posay which is the BEST but I can't use it under foundation or daily (esp. with the extreme heat & humidity we've had here recently)-I save it for the beach. Shiseido gets great reviews but I can't stand the 'old rose' smell. Back to skinceuticals-the ultimate protection is great for everyday, dosen't leave me greasy under TM. Having said that, I wouldn't count on a foundation for SPF protection. First, you just don't put enough on to protect you. But it would be great to wear over your sunscreen.

There are other great ones, but I don't have access to them. There's still good old Ombrelle sold in drugstores here, but just too greasy for me -it has mexoryl (I really can never spell this word).

As for the cleanser, I remember someone posting a comment about it recently-and a good one. If you do an "is Clinical" search-I know there are a lot!-you may find it. If I find it first, I'll copy it here Very Happy
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
katee you sweetheart! You're on to something with this IS Clinical line. Thank you for telling us about it! The consistency of these products rates an A+++ -- they spread easily and yet dry/sink in quickly. I've only used the Firming Complex and Super Serum for a few days and already my skin has a more refined texture.

The Firming Complex (used at night) works without any irritation at all -- the acids in it do the job without causing any flaking, redness or peeling. I've been wanting a mild but effective AHA treatment and now I've got it!

It's too soon to tell how well the Super Serum is working (used first in the daytime before any other products), but it definitely leaves a nicer, less oily finish on the skin than the SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic sample I tried. With the help of Avene sunscreen, my freckles are definitely fading.

I haven't felt the need to use any extra moisturizer (Hydra Cool, etc.) during the day -- JB ADCE and sunscreen give me enough. I may need something in Winter, though.

I don't really know how to use the Pro Heal Serum sample I received and welcome any suggestions. But I think I'm going to end up like marina -- loving anything IS Clinical!

April
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I am holding myself back from crazy-raves of this line because it's almost too good to be true! Now I understand why Katee sounded like a commercial. Wink I've been using my Active Serum and samples of Super Serum, Moist. Complex, Eye Complex and I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW GOOD I LOOK IN DAYS!!!!!

I don't have the bucks to order full sizes yet and I know I'll run out of the samples in a few more days. The good news is that the "1 FL OZ" size is bigger than my little brain imagined. I'm guessing a bottle would last for 2 months. I hope I'm right.

I think Katee mentioned that the only "down" side is that the skin doesn't have a silky feeling to it. It feels more finely textured than silky. But I look marvelous!!!! I swear my giant size pores are shrinking to nothing.

Lexy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Pro-Vitamin serum does leave skin silky. You're supposed to alternate for a few weeks after the actives and use just the poly-vit. I only have the sample, but I really like it. We've all become enablers!!! Laughing
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Well, that's just peachy. I think my order is up to $400 now! Shock And the sad part is, I think it's worth every penny! Maybe I overstated that.....it's worth ALMOST every penny!

EDS has GOT to get on the move and carry this line!!!

Lexy
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Pro-Vitamin serum does leave skin silky. You're supposed to alternate for a few weeks after the actives and use just the poly-vit. I only have the sample, but I really like it. We've all become enablers!!! Laughing

Marina, Where did you get that info from? I could use more direction when/how to use this liquid gold.

Lexy
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Everyone please email EDS so they will carry it!!!! It is hard to find someone to ship it to Canada and I would love to try it.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:56 am      Reply with quote
m.april,
I use the pro heal serum at night, followed by the Hydra cool. You could even follow it up with the firming complex I would assume.

Lily, www.theskincareinstitute.com ships free to Canada and gives free samples. Just request which ones you want

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
marina wrote:

Marina, Where did you get that info from? I could use more direction when/how to use this liquid gold.

Lexy

I got it from agelessmd.com....they also said you can use the firming cream on top, but most people use it on its own. Smile

oops..it's actually poly-vitamin serum...too many serums and only 1 face...getting confused (and broke)...my daughter keeps checking the college fund. Embarassed
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, Smack me in the head, but I searched all over agelessmd.com and couldn't find anything about how to use the IS C as a total regime. I just saw how each individual product is used and expected results. Did you email or call them?

Lexy
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Lexy,

Is this what you were looking for?

http://www.isclinical.com/recommendations.html

If you have questions, email the customer service from the IS clinical website. They answer super fast (although, probably not in the middle of the night). I emailed a couple of questions about my regime and they answered within hours.

I am using:

Morning
ProHeal Serum

Evening
Active Serum
HydraCool
Eye Complex on alternate evenings to my cellcosmet

I was originally using the SuperSerum in the morning, but the CS rep said that they usually recommend the proheal for those with oilier skin or those prone to acne.

Liz
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |