Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
i am a new to EDS and new to this forum, i've been reading reviews on IS clinical, even though it is my first time to hear about it. just wondering,if someone could tell, what is the Active and Super serum for? is it for Acne prone skin?

I have oily/combination skin, my forehead will always have one or two pimples pop out aroud certain time of the month, I can't help myself squeezing them therefore i have quite a few scars. i am 32 now,my major concern is to even tone my skin, minimize pores,and prevent wrinkles. can Active or Super meet the above concerns?

i heard the word dramatical which makes me a little bit scary, if the result is too good in a short period, mabye the chemical is too strong, in the longrun if may damage the skin. i'd love to hear you out.
Chiquitasmom

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if there are two versions of IS Clinical--one sold through physicians offices and one sold on-line??

Thanks
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Chiquitasmom wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there are two versions of IS Clinical--one sold through physicians offices and one sold on-line??

Thanks

As far as I know there is only one version of IS Clinical. Unlike Prevage where there is Prevage MD (through physicians) and Prevage where you can get any department store.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
too expensive and i worry if it is another waste ,but i will try its products when i could afford it easy Wink
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I decided to try IS Clinical and I have to say that it has really done a great job on my skin. I use the Active Serum, Hydracool followed on and of with Cellex C Ha. (I also use Decleor Prolagene to soothe after and emu oil at night. If i could just get odorless emu oil my life would be excellent. I cannot do without the stuff now but to make it more pleasant i add a touch of ylang ylang oil).

The IS clinical has smoothed, minimized pores and made the texture of my skin very firm..i have been using it only a week so far! I also use Phytopeel from Decleor once a week and in my opinion it is far better than the green apple peel.

I still have probs with hormonal chin breakouts but aside from that, I am so impressed by the IS C range my sisters have got some too... I am also trying the firming cream for under my chin and neck and will see how that progresses! I think this product will become a staple for me. Well worth the price as the bottles are generous and u do not have to use alot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
I decided to try IS Clinical and I have to say that it has really done a great job on my skin. I use the Active Serum, Hydracool followed on and of with Cellex C Ha. (I also use Decleor Prolagene to soothe after and emu oil at night. If i could just get odorless emu oil my life would be excellent. I cannot do without the stuff now but to make it more pleasant i add a touch of ylang ylang oil).

The IS clinical has smoothed, minimized pores and made the texture of my skin very firm..i have been using it only a week so far! I also use Phytopeel from Decleor once a week and in my opinion it is far better than the green apple peel.

I still have probs with hormonal chin breakouts but aside from that, I am so impressed by the IS C range my sisters have got some too... I am also trying the firming cream for under my chin and neck and will see how that progresses! I think this product will become a staple for me. Well worth the price as the bottles are generous and u do not have to use alot.

Please share with us your reviews on the firming cream and what your skin is like on your neck.

Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

On previous question, I have started to use the cream just a week now. It is more preventative as my skin is quite taut on the neck but I wanted to protect the delicate skin on the decolletage. Since i turned 30 though I noticed a softening of the jawline and though not a double chin (yet!) this is the area i am most conscious about.

So, hopefully in a month i can report tighter skin there! I am always saying if i get a jowl I will seriously have to do botox or smthing! Very Happy

The cream itself is nothing special to use really. It is not very luxurious or creamy or smell great etc (it is odorless) but it spreads well and does not "sit" on the skin or make u feel like u have a ton of stuff layered on. There is a fairly generous amount in the bottle. After it is absorbed I do use a little vitaroma body cream in the evening just for a bit more luxury. So far I like it and will keep using it.

Will keep u posted!

oh p.s the cream is also for the face but i did not want to chance spots.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Could some of you comment on the best pricing you have found for IS Clinical Products?

Thanks.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I order from EDS when I am not in a hurry. With my member discount, the price for me is unbeatable (plus I love the samples!).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone experienced an initial purging from using the active serum?
Thanks Very Happy
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:37 am      Reply with quote
hi Carolb,

i have not seen any major breakouts since i started using it with the hydracool that could suggest alot of purging. i have had the normal little red blemish popping up (i hate them) but nothing like major acne. i am using emu oil after these actives and after at night decleor night balm ylang ylang as i think these help. once or twice per week i use decleor aromapurete mask. i am also drinkin as much pomegranate juice as i can lay my hands on. but even with these combos to help i can say that active serum on its own did not give me any problems in the few weeks i am using it (once per day)

i was becoming a little ambitious though about clarifying and added some mandelic acid to my slathering every other nite and that has given me some overnight spots. wah! Sad i think i will ditch it and try again in a month or so.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Blacklace, I ordered a sample cant wait to get it and the vitamin c. I have some blackheads..Im hoping this will help clear them up a bit. Retinol has helped but there's still some persistent ones.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace, I look forward to your review on the firming cream. Smile
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare,

so far so good but waiting for the 1 month mark to post a few reviews on the stuff i have tried in the past 4 weeks including the firming cream!

at this point i think all IS clinical definite KEEPERS!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
The firming cream did not cause blackheads? or clog your pores?

If not that is great! How does the firming cream feel on the skin? Does it soak in well? Does it feel a bit sticky?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if its alrady mentioned in the thread but i got my superserum today and its a pale yellow colour. Is it meant to be that colour? I hope it isnt off Confused
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I think it is...kind of pale orange? or dull yellow?
Mine is almost finished, so I have to buy another.
aewang
5% products discount

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
After reading all these rave reviews for IS Clinical, I'm thinking of taking the plunge and trying some of these products. I just turned 35 last month, am 8 1/2 months pregnant, and decided that I needed to do something for myself. It's amazing how I started noticing the fine lines and faint 11s on my forehead on my 35th birthday.... Confused

I randomly found this website while trying to figure out if the Consumer Health Digest top 25 wrinkle cream list was legit. Thank goodness I did! I've learned so much in a few days!

Anyway, I'm thinking of ordering the following for my dryish skin with a little t-zone oiliness.

AM
Shiseido cleanser I have left over
ISC Super Serum
Hydra Cool Serum

PM
Shiseido cleanser
Firming Complex
Hydra Cool Serum

I'm more concerned about fine frown lines and taking preventative aging measures. I'm pretty happy with my skin in general and my pores are fine, but like I said, I'm starting to see those dreaded 11s. I'm always dehydrated with the pregnancy so that doesn't help. I was considering the Active Serum, but I thought I would try these 3 products first and get samples of the others since my skin is on the drier side. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
Kearm
5% products discount

Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,
I have been reading this forum for a while, and have really enjoyed hearing of the amazing results. I have finally taken the plunge and bought the products - they arrived today. I bought:

The cleansing complex, the super and active serums, and both eye treatments. I also bought hydra-cool off of ebay, but I don't have that yet. I tried my morning regiment today, and it feels really nice. I did notice some stickiness at first, but it went away. Now, even a number of hours later my skin still feels very soft. I am just coming off of six months of Obagi/retin a, so I am excited to try something new and hope that I can maintain my Obagi results. I will report back when I have tried it a while.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
aewang wrote:
After reading all these rave reviews for IS Clinical, I'm thinking of taking the plunge and trying some of these products. I just turned 35 last month, am 8 1/2 months pregnant, and decided that I needed to do something for myself. It's amazing how I started noticing the fine lines and faint 11s on my forehead on my 35th birthday.... Confused

I randomly found this website while trying to figure out if the Consumer Health Digest top 25 wrinkle cream list was legit. Thank goodness I did! I've learned so much in a few days!

Anyway, I'm thinking of ordering the following for my dryish skin with a little t-zone oiliness.

AM
Shiseido cleanser I have left over
ISC Super Serum
Hydra Cool Serum

PM
Shiseido cleanser
Firming Complex
Hydra Cool Serum

I'm more concerned about fine frown lines and taking preventative aging measures. I'm pretty happy with my skin in general and my pores are fine, but like I said, I'm starting to see those dreaded 11s. I'm always dehydrated with the pregnancy so that doesn't help. I was considering the Active Serum, but I thought I would try these 3 products first and get samples of the others since my skin is on the drier side. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Aewang Ive learnt the hard way not to add to many strong active products at once to the skin.Probably good to try the c serum before moving on to the active serum. If your skin gets iritated or breaks out it makes it hard to isolate which one is the culprit.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I hope you could answer my question:

I am very intrigued by the Active Serum. Im in my early 20's so my only concerns are monthly hormonal breakouts, and uneven skin tone. I was wondering how good the Active is in terms of controlling acne, since it's a 8% glycolic and all. Thanks!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird: I've been using the Active daily in the PM for about 2 months now. It doesn't control my acne, mine are hormonal as well. However I have found that it does refine my skin and keeps my pores in check (in terms of the size, I don't find it that useful in keeping pores unclogged). For me Vit C helped with evening out skin tone more so that the Active. But that's just me, maybe my skin's just too resilient for the glycolic to work that well. I also use Microfoliant daily (which I'm planning to switch as it's a bit drying) and use a manual exfoliator (either Bioelement's Pumice Peel or GAP) every other day or every 2 days.

I also wanted to mention if you consider a Vit C for evening out skintone I have also been using Proheal for 2 months daily in the AM. I started with Proheal a week after I used the Active. Right now I have stopped using Proheal for a few days to try out a sample of Skinceuticals AOX 20. I'm not sure which I like better, I think the 20% does a better job but I prefer the texture of Proheal more as the 20 is slightly more drying, but neither dries out my skin. Other members have reported less acne due to the 1% buffered Retinol in Proheal, but it has not had an effect on me. I personally think my skin doesn't like Retinol much but can't be 100% sure.

HTH since we're about the same age. Although Active doens't control my acne, I actually quite like it, enough to repurchase.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Sormuimui! Actually, we are the same age! Your routine sounds quite similar to mine as I use the Microfoliant daily and manually exfoliate with my Clarisonic every other day. This is my first foray into an AHA/BHA product, which is why im treading carefully. Unfortunately, I break out from Vit C serums, so I can't use Proheal. But you sold me on the Active when you said it "refines" skin, exactly what i was looking for. I will give it a whirl since i cant stop lemming it. Thanks again! Very Happy
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird.. it's been two weeks since I started using my Active sample..I'm halfway through it and I love it.

I'm in my late late 20's and started having hormonal breakouts about a year ago.. In this one year, my skin lost elasticity and firmness, pores enlarged.

In the two weeks I've been using the Active, my pores have shrunk. Stubborn blackheads loosened up and extraction has become much much easier. I feel that it has helped prevent new pimples from popping up. My skin is smoother.

I'm very happy with the results and purchased a full size today.

I don't expect to be better overnight, but I feel that with the product, over time, my skin will gradually improve.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I have just ordered the Active Serum, but taking a closer look at the ingredients, i was wondering if we should be concerned about the amount of alcohol in the ingredients: Purified Water, Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Arbutin Glycoside, Kojic Acid, Menthol, triethanolamine, Hispagel, Phenoxyethanol.

SD Alcohol 40- 3RD INGREDIENT. alcohol that strips skin of moisture
Phenoxyethanol- alcohol/ether, chemical preservative that can exacerbate contact dermatitis

I remember I couldn't use Clinique's toner because of all the alcohol in it that irritated my skin. Any thoughts?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |