Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
hlg22 wrote:
preenie wrote:
I don't really like using moisturisers at night, And all mine have spf in. would emu oil be okay do you think? Would emu oil have the same effect as it does with CP's, pushing the serum deeper?
Talkingof CP's am I okay using my copper peptide serum with the active serum. I haven't used it for a while, but was thinking of spot treating my forehead as I have fine lines there. Would I put the Active serum first, wait, CP, then HC?

I think that would be the correct order with the CPs - I'm thinking about starting them too and have been doing some reading. I use and like the HC because my skin has the lovely ability to be both super oily and dry and flaky at the same time, so I need a moisturizer but most are too heavy. If you don't like the HC, I don't think it matters too much what you use, but since the Active is pretty strong, I personally wouldn't use it without something on top.

Yes, that would be the correct order. Theory states that the Active Serum's exfoliation may make you a little more sensitive to anything layered on top of it and the emu will help push the copper into your skin...so you may want to keep those things in mind.

I use Hydrocool and like it but, honestly, I think any hyaluronic acid would work just fine. I don't care for most commercial moisturizers so I can't comment on their performance over Active. I have used a mixture of emu and plain HA and it's just as nice as the Hydrocool.

good points. I think I was a little sensitive with the CP last time round, so I might wait a bit.

Yeah , think I'd try the HA and emu oil when I run out of HC, bit expensive if HA does the same job.

Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have been dying to try the IS Clinical line since last year, but I was pregnant and cautioned against using anything so active. As a result I found the Yonka line to be fabulous and am still thrilled with the results that I have gotten from using such a natural product. However I still really want to try ISC and see if what I have been hearing is worth all the dough you have to shell out. So my question to all you who are happy with ISC results, should I dump the Yonka line and start fresh or is there a way to work the two together. I really want to work on my large pores and some fine lines. My skin tends to be more on the oily side, but the Yonka has gotten that completely under control and my skin is in the best shape it has been in in years, but it hasn't addressed the large pores or fine lines around my eyes. Any advise??
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Also forgot to mention.... Does anyone actually buy IS Clinical from Ebay? It worries me that the stuff is so cheap, are they selling junk in a bottle? Shock
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:
I have been dying to try the IS Clinical line since last year, but I was pregnant and cautioned against using anything so active. As a result I found the Yonka line to be fabulous and am still thrilled with the results that I have gotten from using such a natural product. However I still really want to try ISC and see if what I have been hearing is worth all the dough you have to shell out. So my question to all you who are happy with ISC results, should I dump the Yonka line and start fresh or is there a way to work the two together. I really want to work on my large pores and some fine lines. My skin tends to be more on the oily side, but the Yonka has gotten that completely under control and my skin is in the best shape it has been in in years, but it hasn't addressed the large pores or fine lines around my eyes. Any advise??

Kirstin,
What Yonka products are you all using? You should certainly be able to combine some of both lines. I don't use the entire ISC line (cleanser, eye cream, etc.), just the Active, Super and HydraCool. I would strongly suggest getting ISC samples from eBay if you're not sure - they definitely last long enough that you should know by the time you're done with them whether it is going to work for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:
Also forgot to mention.... Does anyone actually buy IS Clinical from Ebay? It worries me that the stuff is so cheap, are they selling junk in a bottle? Shock

As mentioned, I found the samples from eBay great in deciding whether or not to use the line, and eBay may be the only place you can get your hands on them. However, I found that the sample-size Super Serum I got did spoil (turned dark goldish-brown with things floating in it), MUCH faster than I would have expected - before I could even finish the sample! For that reason I do not buy full-size products from eBay, but stick with reputable stores, e-tailers like EDS.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
hlg22, thanks for the quick reply! I am using the Yonka creme 15 and creme pg morning and night after I cleanse and tone, I use cetaphil and a homemade toner that I mix esssential oils and witch hazel. I tried both the yonka cleansers and toners, but found that my homemade toner worked just as well and cetaphil has always been my "go to". I sometimes use the Yonka Juvenil, although I have found that since starting this regimen I haven't needed it because I no longer get breakouts, but I will say the stuff is pretty great if needed. As for buying from Ebay, I am tempted to buy the IS Clinical, but I am afraid that the stuff is bogus. But what I get from your comment is that it is just old?? Shock If I ever hear back from EDS I plan on buying from here, but have been waiting for a couple of days and still haven't gotten the go ahead to buy. Sad
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I started using ISC about 2 weeks ago based on Katee's recommendations and am seeing an improvement in the tone, clarity and color of the skin (and pore sizes it seems).

I am using Active Serum, followed by Firming Gel and then Emu Oil as a moisturizer in the PM, and Super serum, folowed by Candessence Triple C, followed by Emu Oil with Rose Water in the AM.

I also tried to use Firming Gel around the eyes.

So, it is an early rave from me also.

Katee, thank you again for a good recommendation,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard such good things about emu oil on this forum, can I ask what the beneficial properties are and where did you purchase emu oil from?? Do you mind me asking what type of skin you have?
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry..... I can read what your skin type is still suffering from baby brain!!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin ,

it is no problem at all.

I am using Emu Oil from LB Processors. It is too heavy for me by itself so I mix it with Rose water. It could be mixed with HA. I tried HydraCool and was not enamoured with the texture and wait period for it to absorb. Emu helps healing and calming and my skin seem to like it.

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma,

Is it greasy? You mentioned that it is heavy, is it meant to be used alone or mixed with a carrier? You use the emu oil in place of the Hydracool? Is the Hydracool supposed to act as a moisturizer? Sorry for all the questions. Very Happy
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:
hlg22, thanks for the quick reply! I am using the Yonka creme 15 and creme pg morning and night after I cleanse and tone, I use cetaphil and a homemade toner that I mix esssential oils and witch hazel. I tried both the yonka cleansers and toners, but found that my homemade toner worked just as well and cetaphil has always been my "go to". I sometimes use the Yonka Juvenil, although I have found that since starting this regimen I haven't needed it because I no longer get breakouts, but I will say the stuff is pretty great if needed. As for buying from Ebay, I am tempted to buy the IS Clinical, but I am afraid that the stuff is bogus. But what I get from your comment is that it is just old?? Shock If I ever hear back from EDS I plan on buying from here, but have been waiting for a couple of days and still haven't gotten the go ahead to buy. Sad

Kirstin,
I would say you could definitely incorporate the ISC into what you're already using. I use Cetaphil cleanser in the morning and Yonka Gel Nettoyant at night, along with ACV toner.

As for eBay, I am just leery about not knowing where it was stored, temperature extremes, etc. I don't think it would be impossible to get fake or diluted product either. The eBay seller who has been recommended on this thread is where I bought, and I think is pretty reputable, I was just surprised that the Super Serum "turned" so quickly.

Also, if you do the ISC skin analysis at skinterra.com, when they email the results to you they also send you a 15% off discount code. HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
The HydraCool is like a moisturizer. It is meant to be used alone as such on top of the active, or super, etc. I thought I would HATE it based on reviews on this thread about it being sticky. The consistency is sort of like a sticky gel. But I've found that it sinks in completely after about 5-10 minutes - for example, I apply before I blowdry my hair and it is absorbed by the time I finish. My skin is really oily but still needs hydration, and I've found that for me it does a good job at doing that without feeling greasy or making me shiny. Most people seem to hate it, though Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Emu Oil is quite heavy and, since my skin is combo towards oily, it will not penetrate by itself for a long time. To ease it I mix it with HA or Red Tea Serum or plain water or something similar to that. It gets absorbed quite quickly and in the morning, when I am late for work, it is crucial.

I did not like HydraCool because of the slow absorbtion, and it also left my skin feeling tucky (not quite greasy, but ...).

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hlg22,

Thank you for the tip about the 15% off! I will definately look into that!!! Very Happy As for still being able to use the Yonka... If I were already using the Hydracool as a moisturizer then I wouldn't need to use the Yonka moisturizers that I am currently using... Would you recommend that I just try the Active/Super serum with the yonka instead of the Hydracool, or would I be negating the effects of both serums by doing so? What was the name of the Ebayer who got good reviews?
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy,
Thanks for the info on the Emu oil. Sounds like something worth trying, I love the natural oils probably why I love Yonka so much, but my biggest problem since joining this forum, as I am sure is everyone's problem, is I only have one face and so many products that I want to try!!
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:
Hlg22,

Thank you for the tip about the 15% off! I will definately look into that!!! Very Happy As for still being able to use the Yonka... If I were already using the Hydracool as a moisturizer then I wouldn't need to use the Yonka moisturizers that I am currently using... Would you recommend that I just try the Active/Super serum with the yonka instead of the Hydracool, or would I be negating the effects of both serums by doing so? What was the name of the Ebayer who got good reviews?

The eBay vendor is Advanced SkinCare LLC. I would get a sample of the Hydracool and see how you like it. Alone, it provides enough moisture for me, but folks with drier skin I think also may layer on another moisturizer on top. But if you prefer the Yonka moisturizer after trying the HC I would keep using that. I sometimes use SkinCeuticals Renew Overnight moisturizer for oily skin instead of the Hydracool at night, and haven't noticed any difference in terms of the effect of the Active Serum when I do so.

Oh! And I'm not sure if SkinTerra is still running this promotion or not, but when I ordered, in addition to the 15% off I got a free sample set of all three serums, which are great for travel.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
hlg22 wrote:

As mentioned, I found the samples from eBay great in deciding whether or not to use the line, and eBay may be the only place you can get your hands on them. However, I found that the sample-size Super Serum I got did spoil (turned dark goldish-brown with things floating in it), MUCH faster than I would have expected - before I could even finish the sample! For that reason I do not buy full-size products from eBay, but stick with reputable stores, e-tailers like EDS.

hlg22, do the samples from the ebay seller come in amber bottles or do they use clear bottles for their samples?

I recall that Diana Yvonne's c serum samples used to come in clear bottles and several people had problems with them oxidizing very quickly, but the full size products in the amber bottles were fine.
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have some IS samples and must take them out to try after reading all of these....
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
jwils wrote:

hlg22, do the samples from the ebay seller come in amber bottles or do they use clear bottles for their samples?

The sample bottles are clear, at least the active serum bottles.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
The sample bottles of the super serum from the above ebay seller come in the amber bottles. I buy from her all the time.
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
jwils wrote:

Yep, the samples from eBay were in the "original" ISC bottles - the super serum bottle is amber. I don't know if they'd been stored improperly, were old, or if I just got a bad one, which is probably the most likely.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Hlg22 I think I will do just that and try to get the hydracool from Ebay and see if I like it, I too have heard such mixed reviews of people either loving it or hating it, so that is a good idea!
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
So I tried the samples from the suggested ebayer, great prices, and if she is as reputable as everyone says...major score! My only question is that since they are samples they come with no paperwork, so I don't know if I am using the right amount or not enough, too much? In the right order? Basically I cleanse, tone, use the active serum, just the mini size dropperful from the sample, aproximately a dime size and then hydracool, same amount. Same order in the morning, but I use the super serum in place of the active. Is this correct??
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kirsten -- looks just right!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |