Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
shenpei wrote:
Embarassed I'm combination and sensitive skin,could i use this product ?Thanks!

Shenpei,
The active serum is pretty strong. You should ask a sample to try it out before you make the commitment. I think active serum would be great for combination skin esp. along the t-zone area.
Wild Cat

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
shenpei wrote:

Shenpei,
The active serum is pretty strong. You should ask a sample to try it out before you make the commitment. I think active serum would be great for combination skin esp. along the t-zone area.
Wild Cat

how to ask for a sample to try?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
can any MM here recommend some star products of IS Clinical, those I will be amazed by the first usage

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Active and Super serums with the Hydracool for a little over two weeks. While I haven't seen dramatic results like some, I do notice my skin seems softer and smoother. I went through a period in the beginning where I got many under the surface systs, I thought that my skin was reacting negatively to something and was tempted to give it up, but most of them went away before ever surfacing and the ones that did surface healed really quickly. I don't know if anyone has had this type of reaction, however my skin seems to have turned the corner (knocking wood)and I am going to continue with the regimine. I am looking for the poreless skin that so many have raved about with this product.
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
That's a positive feedback Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I may be in the minority here but I didn't care for Active serum, Pro-Heal and Poly Vitamin serum. I'm still trying the Super Serum. I do however love their eye cream, love the light but hydrating texture. I use this as a lip cream and love how it plumps up my lips the next morning. Razz Better than those lip plumping lip glosses in my opinion!
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if the Active serum can be used both morning and night, or is that TOO much active?? I am really loving the results I have gotten so far. I am amazed to say that my pores DO actually seem smaller giving my skin a smoother looking appearance. I haven't noticed any reduction in lines yet, although my lines aren't that noticeable to begin with, but the texture of my skin does look better, and it is so soft. I cannot believe just how hydrating the Hydracool is, I wouldn't have thought you could get such good hydration from a gel. But I haven't had to use any other moisturizer. My only concern is that I think that the Super Serum may be causing me to break out a bit. I am guessing that it is the Super serum and not the others because I got the same reaction when I made my own DIY Vitamin C serum. And while I can't say for sure I would think that it was the Propolene Glycol. Has anyone had a reaction like this with the Super serum??
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I must correct myself from the last post. While the Super serum does contain PG it is much less an amount than the Hydracool, so if that is the case, maybe it's the Hydracool that is causing me to break out. Needless to say I don't want to drop any of the three because I am afraid I will lose the results that I have gotten thus far, but I would like to know if anyone has had a similar reaction.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:
I must correct myself from the last post. While the Super serum does contain PG it is much less an amount than the Hydracool, so if that is the case, maybe it's the Hydracool that is causing me to break out. Needless to say I don't want to drop any of the three because I am afraid I will lose the results that I have gotten thus far, but I would like to know if anyone has had a similar reaction.

I too broke out when I added the super serum and hydracool to my regimen. I also felt like my face was too dewy during the day, so I dropped the hydracool and have not had a problem with anymore breakouts or over-dewiness(hehe). Please note, I have oily skin so dropping the hydracool has not had an adverse reaction for me.
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:

I very rarely break out, but I did break out quite a bit around my chin area in the first week or so that I was using the Active, Super, and Hydracool. I'm not sure what product caused it as I started using all of them at the same time, but the breakouts did go away after that first little bit.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
~*Beru*~ wrote:
Kirstin wrote:

I too broke out when I added the super serum and hydracool to my regimen. I also felt like my face was too dewy during the day, so I dropped the hydracool and have not had a problem with anymore breakouts or over-dewiness(hehe). Please note, I have oily skin so dropping the hydracool has not had an adverse reaction for me.

I would hate to lose either but I guess of the two I could try the treatment without the Hydracool, although I love how it moisturizes without making me greasy. The Superserum has both the HA and the C in it which I think is what is giving me the results. I probably will use up what I have and see how my skin fairs and then I can try to substitute the Hydracool with my Yonka moisturizer and see if I notice any difference. You said that you stopped using the Hydracool, does that mean that you are still using the Superserum??
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
hlg22 wrote:
Kirstin wrote:

I very rarely break out, but I did break out quite a bit around my chin area in the first week or so that I was using the Active, Super, and Hydracool. I'm not sure what product caused it as I started using all of them at the same time, but the breakouts did go away after that first little bit.

Well that's good news... So you use all three without a problem now?
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the Active serum can be used both morning and night, or is that TOO much active?? I am really loving the results I have gotten so far. I am amazed to say that my pores DO actually seem smaller giving my skin a smoother looking appearance. I haven't noticed any reduction in lines yet, although my lines aren't that noticeable to begin with, but the texture of my skin does look better, and it is so soft. I cannot believe just how hydrating the Hydracool is, I wouldn't have thought you could get such good hydration from a gel. But I haven't had to use any other moisturizer. My only concern is that I think that the Super Serum may be causing me to break out a bit. I am guessing that it is the Super serum and not the others because I got the same reaction when I made my own DIY Vitamin C serum. And while I can't say for sure I would think that it was the Propolene Glycol. Has anyone had a reaction like this with the Super serum??

Hi, Kirsten. At one point, I ordered the "Clear Skin System," which comes with the cleanser, the Active Serum and the Hydracool, and the instructions said you could use everything twice a day if needed. Personally, I don't, but I use Retin A at night and my skin barely tolerates that plus the Active Serum Smile

Also, I started off with the Super Serum and broke out. Maybe I would have adjusted, but I wasn't interested in continuing to use it after that, so I switched to Pro Heal and had no problems. I like the Pro Heal, too, so maybe you can try a sample of that (though has anyone noticed that Advanced Skincare doesn't have any ISC products up?). I wouldn't think the Active Serum or the Hydracool would cause you to break out, and I believe several people have posted that they had breakouts with the SS.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
shenpei wrote:

Shenpei,
Wild Cat

The active serum is very good for t-zones. I don't use it on my cheeks because they are super dry and when I do apply it on my cheeks, it stings like hell! Razz
vzeider
5% products discount

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the active for a week now and put it everywhere in my face EXCEPT cheekbones. They start itch and turn red easily. I also alternate between the active and pro heal every other night since I cant use the pro heal during the day. My skin seems fine right now but I am still worried I might get a reaction from the active. Keeping my fingers crossed.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:
~*Beru*~ wrote:
Kirstin wrote:

I would hate to lose either but I guess of the two I could try the treatment without the Hydracool, although I love how it moisturizes without making me greasy. The Superserum has both the HA and the C in it which I think is what is giving me the results. I probably will use up what I have and see how my skin fairs and then I can try to substitute the Hydracool with my Yonka moisturizer and see if I notice any difference. You said that you stopped using the Hydracool, does that mean that you are still using the Superserum??

yes ma'am every day. Wink
horris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
naive questions to ask. Are all you guys based in US? EDS says the product can't be shipped to outside the US. Sad
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
horris wrote:
naive questions to ask. Are all you guys based in US? EDS says the product can't be shipped to outside the US. Sad

I have no idea but products are being shipped from Canada. Maybe you can email customer service and ask? Smile
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:

Well that's good news... So you use all three without a problem now?

Yep! Smile It was the weirdest thing, just my skin balancing itself out, I guess. I'd never used any type of serums before. Since then my skin's been loving it.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
My first post here Smile
I've been reading so much the last few days. There is so much to learn! I'm wondering if the Active Serum can also be used on the neck area? I'm 51 and have breakouts and bumps on my face and neck. I would sure like to get my face in a better, more even state. TIA!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
styx7308 wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:
shenpei wrote:

Shenpei,
Wild Cat

how to ask for a sample to try?

Sorry I didn't see this until now. You can request samples from EDS if you make some purchases. Or you can contact IS Clinical and see if they would send you samples. I don't know if they still do that now or not.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I also have no problem dropping HyrdaCool from my routine. I think it did cause breakout.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I received my super serum and I have high hopes!!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Odile wrote:
I received my super serum and I have high hopes!!

Hope you'll love it!
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:01 am      Reply with quote
SmileySunrise_WA wrote:
My first post here Smile
I've been reading so much the last few days. There is so much to learn! I'm wondering if the Active Serum can also be used on the neck area? I'm 51 and have breakouts and bumps on my face and neck. I would sure like to get my face in a better, more even state. TIA!

Welcome to the boards SmileySunrise_WA! I use the active serum on my neck and decollete area with no problem. However, I don't have sensitive skin. You may want to get a hold of some samples and see how your skin reacts to the active serum.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |