Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I'm back from my vacation and I'm loaded with freckles, even though I always use sunscreen religiously. It was so sunny in Vancouver BC that I was outdoors every minute, but now I have to get my skin back in shape. I'm wondering how shirl and other new users of IS Clinical Vit.C products are doing, and if they have any raves to add to katee's. I think, from what I've read on this forum, that a C serum is just what I need, especially to get rid of these freckles!!! I'm anxious to order something, so please ladies, let me know what you think!!!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 7:57 am      Reply with quote
The IS Clinical Super Serum is great stuff with 15% Vit C and a whole cocktail of other things. Most of the other top of the line Vit C serums do one or two combinations but I think the Super Serum is unique....

With that said, however, if what you really want is just a Vit C serum to work into your skincare regimen, unless you do want to do the Super Serum / HydraCool thing, you could do alot better for your money. IS Clinical products are costly. Vivier's Vit C serum is lovely and a fraction of the cost of IS Clinical's simple C serum.....
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 9:11 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
The IS Clinical Super Serum is great stuff with 15% Vit C and a whole cocktail of other things. Most of the other top of the line Vit C serums do one or two combinations but I think the Super Serum is unique....

With that said, however, if what you really want is just a Vit C serum to work into your skincare regimen, unless you do want to do the Super Serum / HydraCool thing, you could do alot better for your money. IS Clinical products are costly. Vivier's Vit C serum is lovely and a fraction of the cost of IS Clinical's simple C serum.....

The regular IS Clinical C serum is $68, for 15% and Vivier 20 works out to about $63...pretty close really, but the Vivier is stronger. If I were going to get a regualr C serum, I think that Cellular Skin rx and PSF have the most reasonable prices.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Actually faith, you're right! I'm not sure why I thought the Vivier was so much less costly. Been awhile since I've purchased it.... I had been using the 20% and thinking of moving to a 25% serum, but now that I'm using the IS Clinical line, I'm very satisfied with my overall results.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
So far, I haven't met an Is Clinical product I didn't like...I have melasma and seen improvement with active serum and hydracool-my sperserum is still not opened (what will-power!)-I'm waiting to finish off my skinceuticals first.

I also got the firming cream to alternate with active serum. Unfortunately, when I order they insist on giving me samples and get me into deeper trouble financially (I have no control).
The poly-vitamin serum is also great. I tried it in the a.m. to give me a break from the 'c' and is really helps my skin look 'thicker' and more resilient if that makes sense. Apparently, it's good to use it as a 'break' fro the active serum. They also (bless their little hearts) sent me a sample of the moisturizer. Bear in mind that I have oily skin-well this stuff looks like it's rich, but it absorbs completely-I can even use it during the day under sunblock and do not get oily.Moisturizes perfectly-with no oily feel. The only downside (if you can call it that)is that it smells like Nivea-Nivea and I had a falling out about 25 years ago. But, the scent dissipates.

All in all, pores are smaller, skin is smoother, melasma lightening; life is looking up, bank account looking down. Wink

Katee, see if you can get samples of poly-vitamin serum and moisturizer from your derm and let me know what you think.

As an aside, using alphaderma w/ prep under eyes and on lids-works great. I think the dryness and lines was from too much of everything-alphaderma, prep and okusil was over-tightening. Now I place excess on frown lines on my forehead.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
So Marina - do you think the poly vitamin serum is better than the firming complex? Also, where do you order from (I'd like to get samples)
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh Marina I KNEW you'd love this stuff !

I've been alternating the Active Serum and the Firming Complex at night. I really really like the Firming Complex.

I also got a generous sample of the moisturizer. Like Marina, I have oily skin, and also like Marina, when I first opened it, I thought "ack, no way - this is gonna be way too rich for my skin." No way. The stuff is awesome!!!

I swear if this company was publically traded, I'd buy stock Laughing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 4:39 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
So Marina - do you think the poly vitamin serum is better than the firming complex? Also, where do you order from (I'd like to get samples)

I don't think it's better, just different. I only got a small vial of the poly-vitamin serum-I really like the feel of it -it's totally absorbed yet it leaves my skin plumper, with more elasticity. Don't forget, when you use active exfoliating products continually, your skin can look thinner. I sent an e-mail to find out when to use it, and they said normally you can alterante with the active serum or take a break when you run out and use the poly-serum for a few weeks. I like the firming cream (misnomer-it's more like a thick gel).

If you live in the states-order from Skinterra and request samples. You have to order before they send out anything.

Katee, did your derm tell you to use the moist. at night or daytime too. It's so readily absorbed it COULD be used during the day. Thanks
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marina...

She told me I could use it day or night as needed.... What I've found is that if I use it around my eye contour after applying the Hydra Cool its awesome !!

I've been wanting to try their eye products but she doesn't use them, so I can't get samples from her. The next time I order though, I'm definitely going to ask for samples.. Have you tried any of them????
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Katee

I actually have a sample of the eye cream and although I like it, I find it's not moisturizing enough. Mind you, I tried it over Okusil, which is drying. I'll try it alone tonight and let you know.

At any rate, I wouldn't rate it better than cellcosmet-I think that's what you use. I also used cellcosmet, but didn't find it moisturizing enough-for a person w/oily skin, my eyes are certainly dry. Also, I found the cellcosmet a bit 'thin'; I ended having some all the way down my cheek when I applied it.

I'll get back to you tomorrow on the eye cream.
Have you tried the skinceuticals eye balm?
DollyPotter
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I don't find it super moisturizing either. I alternate the IS clinical with cellcosmet.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

I have also tried (am still trying actually) both the C eye serum and the eye cream. The eye serum is only 7.5% but strangely enough, makes under my eyes tingle. I usually just put whatever serum I am using everywhere, and didn't have any problems doing that with both the Super Serum and the Pro Heal. I stopped doing that when I got this sample (which is lasting forever, BTW) and have been using only the IS products specifically designed for the eye area for about 2 weeks. My only concern with buying the C eye serum is that it comes in a 1 oz bottle. I am sure the product would turn before you could use it all. The sample that I have is .125 oz, and I can see that lasting for at least 6 weeks. Maybe I should put on more Confused Anyway, I really do like this product, but don't know if I need to buy it. My regular serum seems to do the same thing. Very Happy

The eye cream is good as well. It keeps the skin under my eyes looking hydrated, but has not done anything for the little lines...yet. My under skin tends to be quite sensitive, and many products have my eyes looking "scrunchy" by mid-day. This isn't happening, but I agree with Marina that it is not the most moisturizing either. I am going to keep trying it; again, I think the sample will last quite a while as you only need a little, At the end of the sample though, if it hasn't helped with the lines, I will not purchase it. I still want to try the Cellcosmet. I really want to find something that gets rid of those little lines. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you faith !!!

Marina is right - I have been using the Cellcosmet eye stuff. I purchased the Ultra gel and also have a generous sample of the eye contour cream. It's pretty tricky - on the one hand, I do love the feel and consistency of the eye contour cream and can see why everyone is so taken with it. On the other hand, I have to admit that it doesn't really do a hell of alot. When one considers the price of it, I think its fair to expect more results. I have oily skin but the skin under my eyes tends to be a bit dry, largely because I have allergies, etc. I use teamine to deal with the occasional dark circle and am real pleased with it. I also use the Decleor Hydrotenseur for firming during specific intervals. I'd love to find an eye product that is a bit more hydrating and that also does allllllllll of the above Laughing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
O.K. If anyone has tried the skinceuticals eye balm speak up now. I've been holding off-but it's gotten great review on MUA and it has alll that good stuff for menopausal eyes Confused like soy and whatever.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinceuticals-eye-balm-p_905.htm
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 1:10 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Thank you faith !!!

Marina is right - I have been using the Cellcosmet eye stuff. I purchased the Ultra gel and also have a generous sample of the eye contour cream. It's pretty tricky - on the one hand, I do love the feel and consistency of the eye contour cream and can see why everyone is so taken with it. On the other hand, I have to admit that it doesn't really do a hell of alot. When one considers the price of it, I think its fair to expect more results. I have oily skin but the skin under my eyes tends to be a bit dry, largely because I have allergies, etc. I use teamine to deal with the occasional dark circle and am real pleased with it. I also use the Decleor Hydrotenseur for firming during specific intervals. I'd love to find an eye product that is a bit more hydrating and that also does allllllllll of the above Laughing

Your most welcome, katee! Just wondering...Do you have any lines under your eyes? I have some fine ones and they really bother me. Now is the time to treat them, I think, before they get too bad. I just haven't found anything that gets rid of them yet. So far, Strivectin has given me the best results, but now I worry that it causes milia...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marina,

I use the Skinceuticals Eye Balm and really like it. It is one of several products I have actually purchased more than once. It is light but richer than the Cellcosmet. It sinks right in. I don't see actual improvement but I think it keeps lines, etc at bay while still mositurizing.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2005 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all!

Ok so I broke down and bought the Super Serum from Skinterra. My rationale was that I just got a bonus at work and I haven't been using any real actives in my routine in quite sometime plus I've had alot of crap to deal with lately. Good reason to spend $$ ey Question Embarassed I figured the Super Serum contained most everything I need. For those of you who are using it, is it a MUST to use the Hydra Cool? The aesthetician from Skinterra said I can use most any moisturizer with it and that I should use the serum in the morning. Mainly because of the Vit. C content. I sure do hope this very $$ serum agrees with my skin, they only have an exchange policy at Skinterra Crying or Very sad . For those interested I will post my results and look forward to reading posts from others as well. Very Happy

Marina: I have tried SC Eye Balm and it is very nice. It is heavier in texture(very moisturizing) and absorbs well. Also concealor seems to go on smoothly. hth's

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 12:33 am      Reply with quote
marina - I see you've posted a rave about the JB C+C on another thread -- do you think it's better than the IS stuff you're using?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think the person commenting on the JB C+C is KARINA and not marina.... Confused
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Forgive me katee, but is WAS Marina from Montreal.

I've been equivocating (as you know) about trying the IS line. I've wasted so much money (and continue to) that I'm waiting for other raves besides yours to be posted. After all, skin types and reactions differ (I'm not as oily or as young as you). Marina has raved, but she's also using quite a few other products. Besides, you're partly Italian (me too), and we sometimes express our opinions more strongly than others!!! Having said that, I can't fault anyone who wears Dries Van Noten (noticed that on a Lounge thread) -- you're my kind of girl! I'm just waiting for credible second and third opinions on IS Clinical (and for my credit card closing date -- I've spent scandalous amounts this month).
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing.....

Scandalous amounts of money huh..... We have an ongoing dispute in our house on just how much money spent constitutes a REAL scandal !!!! Wink
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
marina - I see you've posted a rave about the JB C+C on another thread -- do you think it's better than the IS stuff you're using?

I've used the hydracool, active serum & firming cream which I like a lot. I have oily skin also. I have the Is superserum, but have't started it yet, since I went for the JB offer (too good to pass up). The J&B serum is much less, so I figured I'd use that up first. If I didn't like it -13$ us. isn't too bad considering what I've spent on other stuff. My opinion is based on comparing it to Vivier, skinceuticals c& E. The c&e is obviously superior for anti-oxidant protection, but it would be too much for an oily skin in the summer. The skin. 20% is more liquid-you don't feel it on your face-but no glow. What I was hoping for was a good serum that didn't make me oilier, then I could used skinceutical daily moisture on top-this product is meant for oily skin, minimizes pores (like the hydrocool) but have lots of vit. e(at least I'm told) for the anti-oxidant protection. In the evening, I alternate between active serum, hydracool and on alternate nights, the firming cram by itself. These are strong products, very effective for oily (esp. aging) skin.

The reason I haven't opened the superserum is that once I've opened it, it will start to oxidize and I'm saving it for my trip to Greece this summer, where my skin will be completely wrecked by the sun. That's why I starting my arsenol of products. That"s another reason I like IS-the products are all lightweight-esp. the active serum and hydracool-perfect for 45 deg. Celsius weather.That being said, I think think I may just break down and try the darn thing. I can't stand the suspense.

By the way, I'm full Greek married to an Italian. Raving or emotional ranting is considered normal here.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Errrr new face - same question I asked a few moments ago....

Are you somehow affiliated with these products? If you are, it really isn't a problem, but you really have alot more credibility if you're honest about it.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
marina - thanks for taking the time to share your experience with me! There are 3 more days until my credit card closing date, and then I intend to take the plunge for IS Clinical products!!!

Yes, ranting and raving is rather normal behavior in my family, but not my husband's. He's taught me to temper my remarks, but I notice that whenever his relatives want a point made directly, clearly, and with purpose, they turn to me to do it Laughing Laughing Laughing
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I was browsing ebay and I came along an IS Clinical Super Serum for sale. As Murphy's Law would have it, I have already bought my bottle and have been using it for a few weeks, so I thought I would pass it on to anyone here who is interested. I have bought some Dr. H and Trish McEvoy products from this seller and she is great, very honest, quick and super products.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5584208642
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |