Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
SmileySunrise_WA
5% products discount

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Beru, for your welcome and your answer! I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get ahold of someone to ask about samples. Thank you for letting me know that you've had no problem applying the serum to the neck area. There is much to learn! Smile
SmileySunrise_WA
5% products discount

Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering how one can purchase a sample size of the Active Serum? I tried contacting both IS Clinical and EDS. ISC doesn't send out the small size, and EDS only sends out samples if you purchase something else. Just wondering if there is another way to try a product out before purchase, to make sure your skin likes it? Thank you!
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to try ebay. I know they sell smaple sizes, the only thing is they usually sell them in bunches to equal 1oz or something like that so the price is about 50.00. However, you could try contacting the seller and see if you can purchase 2 or 3. I usually go through Advanced SkinCare LLC.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm only on page 5 so I have a ways to go before I have any questions. I did order a sample of the Youth Complex ages ago and have not received it yet. Looking forward to reading some more positive reviews and maybe there will be a surprise for me at the end as to the best place to order from. Have enjoyed all your posts so far. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I got my IS CLinical Youth sample yesterday & took the plunge to buy the full size today. I couldn't tell from the sample what the accumalative result would be.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I got my IS CLinical Youth sample yesterday & took the plunge to buy the full size today. I couldn't tell from the sample what the accumalative result would be.

Can you at least tell us what the intial effects (if any) were? I mean if you went ahead and ordered the full size it must have done something, right? Laughing
LisaB113

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
They day spa i work in carries IS cliical products for almost 3 years now and their serums are great. I don't like the eye cream though. It is very heavy and greasy. All the serums are great for almost any skin type (even people with Rosecea)
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
C4ward, the sample size of the Youth Complex is truly small and definitely not enough product there to give it a fair shot. ISC sent 2 and it still wasn't enough. You'll have to let us know if you see results.

SS_WA, ISC sent a sample size of the Active to me. Maybe you talked to someone at the company that didn't know what he/she was talking about. But then again, maybe they stopped sending out sample sizes of the Active.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I bought the IS cleanser, Active Serum and Hydra Cool a while back. I had larger pores on my cheeks, and my skin looked ruddy. With occasional breakouts around chin area, or forehead. AI was recommended, and I do like it at times. I will go through periods of using it daily, then my cheeks, and lower facial area around my mouth gets so dried out. When it gets dry, the hydra cool doesn't help at all. So, then I will stop using the IS products.

Then time passes, and my skin looks terrible again, and I go back to it and for a while I am happy with it.

I do have dry skin. For those of you that have dry skin, how often do you use the is active and hydra cool. And do you know of a product that can quench that oh my god, it is so dry it is so itchy feeling, which I am feeling right now???

Thanks

44, 1/2 okinawan, 1/2 heinz 57 - dry skin, kind of dull in color, TOO MANY wrinkles under eyes when I smile...and puffiness or lumpy fat pads under eyes, looking for the magic pill to get my youth back
Odile
5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Super Serum for about one week- major improvements to my skin- however,
I didn't realize that my skin is in such bad shape- I had 3 laser sessions and now I have BAD hyperpigmentation.

The Super Serum is helping- but this will be like trying to boil the ocean!!!!

I was looking at the Product page and saw Super-Skin- seems intent for post laser skin. I could alternate with Super Serum?!!? Rolling Eyes Eh?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, super skin? Maybe I misunderstood, is this sold on EDS?
Odile
5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Sorry, super skin? Maybe I misunderstood, is this sold on EDS?

I don't know the line myself- but in "shopping" on the main page I ran into "Donell Super Skin"

Marina, have you heard or tried them?
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using IS Clinical and so far am in love except that Hydracool isn't enough for me when I have to go outside. I am in Vermont and the air is very dry and so my skin gets all itchy and hurts when I am outside. It definitely isn't IS Clinical because when I use super serum and hydracool overnight, I wake up and my skin is fine and still dewy and hydrated. Anyone have any recommendations for moisturizers, should I go with the IS Clinical moisturizer or are there other lines that are complementary?

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think the HydraCool can serve as a moisturizer for those of us with oily skin. But if your skin is dry, by all means use a moisturizer!

Your stop-start approach with the Active Serum isn't a good one GetMyYouthBack! If your skin gets dry after awhile, then follow with a moisturizer but my experience is that you absolutely don't want to stop using the Active Serum if you want to see longterm and lasting results.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've run out of active & can certainly notice a difference, esp. under my eyes. It did help with milia & kept the area smooth. I gotta bite the bullet & reorder.
GetMyYouthBack
5% products discount

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I think the HydraCool can serve as a moisturizer for those of us with oily skin. But if your skin is dry, by all means use a moisturizer!

Your stop-start approach with the Active Serum isn't a good one GetMyYouthBack! If your skin gets dry after awhile, then follow with a moisturizer but my experience is that you absolutely don't want to stop using the Active Serum if you want to see longterm and lasting results.

Hmmm..."following with a moisturizer," never occurred to me. That would be worth a try. I figured that the hydra cool was doing the job of a moisturiser, and that the active was just too effective/too strong at times. Now the dilemma is to figure out the best moisturizer for my (currently) REALLY dry skin, before I get back to using the IS products. Thanks

44, 1/2 okinawan, 1/2 heinz 57 - dry skin, kind of dull in color, TOO MANY wrinkles under eyes when I smile...and puffiness or lumpy fat pads under eyes, looking for the magic pill to get my youth back
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've always used a moisturizer over my Hydracool. It just really helps plump up the skin. I love Hydracool, but in the winter it is just not enough.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Katie,

Have you used IS Clinical Youth? What do you think of the product? What is the proper way to use it? I just received the sample yesterday and used it right away. I have used it three times, last night, this morning, and tonight, but have not seen any drastic change as they advertised in the package that came with the sample. Can any one who has used it give some feedback.

Thanks,

Grace
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:43 am      Reply with quote
SmileySunrise_WA wrote:
Just wondering how one can purchase a sample size of the Active Serum? I tried contacting both IS Clinical and EDS. ISC doesn't send out the small size, and EDS only sends out samples if you purchase something else. Just wondering if there is another way to try a product out before purchase, to make sure your skin likes it? Thank you!

I bought a single vial from a ebay seller for about $8us but last time i bought something of her 2 weeks ago all her IS Clinical stuff was gone. I can check and see if she has it back in.

Ok just checked, it was this seller
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Advanced-SkinCare-LLC_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

but she dosent seem to stock it anymore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I used to buy from her on occasion too. I think she had a spa that she was closing and selling off her stock. I miss her Sad .
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
SmileySunrise_WA wrote:

I bought a single vial from a ebay seller for about $8us but last time i bought something of her 2 weeks ago all her IS Clinical stuff was gone. I can check and see if she has it back in.

Ok just checked, it was this seller
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Advanced-SkinCare-LLC_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

but she dosent seem to stock it anymore.

That's who I order from. Last time I placed an order was in Feb 07 and the seller told me "IS Clinical has stopped me from listing on eBay. They don't want their products to be sold at a discount so they are cracking down on eBay sellers".
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man that really sucks Image
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
yeah it does! I even tried buying wholesale through IS (I have an esthetician license but I don't practice) and they told me "NO" because they only sell to estheticians that work under licensed doctors. Lame!
vzeider
5% products discount

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
IS Clinical might work for some, not for me, and IMO their company isn't very well run. I have called and emailed on numerous occasions wanting to know a bit more about their serums and certain skin-conditions and NO ONE EVER returned ANY of my calls or mails! So I went ahead and used the Hydra Cool instead of a B5 product and now my skin is totally messed up!!! In item descr. it says " relief for dry, damaged skin and good for post procedural healing"!(completeskincare.net) I'm thinking this sounds great. An antioxidant product that protects and heals skindamage. Right. I now have to go once a month to a derm. and have serious IPL sessions to treat broken capillaries,redness, discoloration and sensitivity.(yes, i used sunscreen over serum...)
I think most of their products are really harsh and not much better than lets say Cellex-C or Skinceuticals. Active Serum might be "active" but One could probably get the same result doing a "Vitalize Peel" every six weeks. About the same money...
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
vzeider, i thought the hydracool had B5 in it?? I'll have to recheck ingrediants as i have it and thought it was in there.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |