Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 11:43 am      Reply with quote
BTW, does anyone know what the shelf life of this is? I might just stock up.
Gypsy
5% products discount

Mon May 23, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 wrote:

I figured the Super Serum contained most everything I need. For those of you who are using it, is it a MUST to use the Hydra Cool?

If you ordered through Skinterra you'll probably get a sample of the Hydra Cool. I ordered the Active Serum on Saturday and just recieved it with a sample of the Hydracool.

Anyone know if the Active Serum starts to turn after you open it? If it does, is there anything you can do to prolong its shelf life?
Stretch
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads-up. I have also bought a few things from her...small world. I have just been trying to resist the temptation to buy the super serum and hydra-cool. I feel the temptation welling up again!!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am about half way through my bottles of super serum and active serum and I have not noticed any difference in color or potence. I just keep it in a cabinate in my bathroom.

Liz
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Liz - do you like the products?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I love them!! I am using their super serum, active serum, hydra cool and eye complex. I particularly love the super serum. I have been a huge fan of c serums for quite awhile. Up until this point, Skinceuticals was my favorite, but the super serum has taken over. It is wonderful!!

Liz
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I recv'd my Super Serum today..yeah! Very Happy Ordered it Friday from Skinterra--talk about quick delivery!!!

Gypsy and others:
I came up with a good idea for storage of the serum, in case anyone is interested. Smile I have a few sample bottles from Skinceuticals, Serum 15, 10 and B gel. I have dumped the little remaining serum 15 out and after I cleaned it well I added my Super Serum. I figured I will store the big bottle in my cabinet to help keep it from light. Also I wont be opening the original bottle daily and this will help lessen oxidation of the product. Just thought I'd pass this idea along.

I haven't figured what moisturizer to use with it in the am. I'm currently using YonKa's Elastin Dujour(samples), but this will probably be too heavy come summertime. I might try the HydraCool with it but am not too keen about putting menthol on my skin. Anyone have a take on menthol?? I thought it was/is irritating to the skin... Question Question

Will update on the serum and possibly a review once I use it for abit. This is too much fun and expensive!!! Shock But hey I'm worth it. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2005 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marina,

I am also in Canada and like to try the IS Clinical products. Could you tell me where you bought the IS Clinical products and the duty/customs charges involved?

Thanks!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
Hi Marina,

I am also in Canada and like to try the IS Clinical products. Could you tell me where you bought the IS Clinical products and the duty/customs charges involved?

Thanks!

I get it fromwww.theskincareinstitute.com . They ship internationally for free...I am sure there will be duty though...there is in Japan. Last time I ordered from them, I asked for samples of specific products, and they sent them, so I was quite happy with them. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2005 8:32 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
Hi Marina,

Thanks!

agelessmd.com Didn't get hit w/customs; probably a lucky break. Good, quick service....so I can order more... Rolling Eyes

I must be losing it, sorry I remember paying about almost $20. cdn on a $95 U.S. product. I think the total price was $120. cdn Confused Sounds about right for the GST.

BTW, they,re coming out with sunscreens later this year.
Gypsy
5% products discount

Tue May 24, 2005 9:38 am      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
I particularly love the super serum.Up until this point, Skinceuticals was my favorite, but the super serum has taken over. It is wonderful!!

Liz

Hey Liz,

Last night was my first night using the Active Serum and call me crazy but I could see an improvement in my skin this morning. Its really helping with my acne scars and my pores seem smaller.

I was wondering what kind of improvement you've seen with the Super Serum and the eye complex?
WhyIOughtaWhat

Tue May 31, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I am new to these boards.
I posted somewhere else asking about IS CLinical and someone was kind enough to direct me here.
I have not tried IS Clinical yet and am debating, but these reviews may help me.
I have used both Prevage and TNS before. Do these need to used while using the IS Clinical?
So many skin care lines and so little time.
I am concentrating on the fine lines around the eyes and lips and have dry skin.
Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Marsha...

I used both Prevage and the TNS Recovery Complex until my dermatologist and I discussed trying the IS Clinical line....

I still use Prevage in the am, right after I cleanse and before I apply IS Clinical Super Serum, then HydraCool ( finish with sunscreen ).

I was a big fan of TNS but I've stopped using it. The results from the IS Clinical stuff has been dramatic and I can't see much reason for the TNS ...

I had thought I'd discontinue the Prevage too since I haven't been able to put my finger on its effect exactly. But I think I mentioned earlier (or perhaps it was in a pvt conversation.... ), that when I stopped using Prevage for a few days I did notice a difference.

I'm not certain what IS Clinical products you should choose for dry skin (mine tends to the oily end of the spectrum...), but I'm sure a site like Skinterra would tell you when they do their free skin analysis....

Welcome to the forum btw Laughing
WhyIOughtaWhat

Tue May 31, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the reply and the information.
I was also using TNS and stopped when I tried Prevage. I think I will choose one of them if I start IS Clinical, but not both, the cost is too high.
I think your choice of the prevage sounds right.
Thank you for your help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

I thought I would pass this along to you since I saw that you had oily skin as well.

I emailed IS Clinical through their website and they suggested the Pro-heal serum for us oily skin gals. He said He usually reserves the super serum for those with dryer skin. I purchased a bottle of the proheal and I have seen dramatic improvements in both a decrease in oiliness and acne. I was also impressed because he emailed back within an hour of my email.

Liz
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
Katee,

I thought I would pass this along to you since I saw that you had oily skin as well.

I emailed IS Clinical through their website and they suggested the Pro-heal serum for us oily skin gals. He said He usually reserves the super serum for those with dryer skin. I purchased a bottle of the proheal and I have seen dramatic improvements in both a decrease in oiliness and acne. I was also impressed because he emailed back within an hour of my email.

Liz

Oh Oh-I'm going to be in trouble again. I just convinced myself I didn't really need the poly-serum or at least I could hold off. Exclamation

Funny, I thought oily skin had trouble with vit.e-I'm thinking of the skinceuticals c&e.I think I may need to get a job after this. Sad

Odd, I remember Faith posting that she was recommended pro-heal for her dry skin : Confused
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhhhhhhh gosh y'all are making my head spin !!!

First Marina got me all curious with the Poly Serum and now I have to give thought to the Pro Heal...

Actually Liz, I'm kidding and I appreciate the suggestion. My skin tends to be oily but I've never had a problem with acne...

I actually think I may ask my dermatologist for her thoughts... She's great on this stuff and I'm having lunch with her later in the week. All I have to do is control myself till then. Hell I can do that!

Will let you know what she says...
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
The proheal serum is much lighter than skinceuticals C+E and the super serum. Here is what the IS Clinical rep told me...

Thank you for your inquiry. I would continue to use the Active Serum at night and consider alternating your daytime regime. Usually for clients with oily skin, the Pro-Heal Serum is a great product to use in the AM. (It will also address your acneic condition.) The Poly-Vitamin Serum is a better product for someone with drier skin, as is the Super Serum. I hope this information helps, and if I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

James Ramsay

Customer Communication

I originally emailed to ask about the poly serum (thanks to katee)

liz
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Laughing... I will say this - I don't think I've ever encountered a line with products that are so "active." Undoing past damage etc takes a bit of patience, but it is so thoroughly encouraging to get fast results..

I've never had bad skin (thankfully), but I also never had "beautiful" skin. With this stuff, I'm getting DAMN close. So, even if the choices make my head spin, I can live with it.

My skin is oily, but can also get dehydrated (I'm a passionate coffee drinker - the darker the roast the better - and I've never met a margarita I didn't like...plus, with a mediterranean background, I grew up drinking wine). I was delighted with the Active Serum to begin with, and now, alternating it with the Firming Complex at night seems to have addressed just about every issue I had put out there.

I have to admit that I find the HydraCool a little tacky or sticky - can't think of the right word really - BUT, I can't argue with the results.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ack !!! I got so carried away there I forgot why I was posting in the first place!!! Shaking my head....

I got a healthy sample of the Eye Complex. I haven't used it yet, but I'm very anxious to find out if their eye products are half as good as the rest of the line.

Will let you know...
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully, Faith will jump in here; I did a search and found her post stating that the proheal is thicker & she dosen't need to use a moistrizer over it.

Abejita, you feel it's lighter than the slinceuticals c & e (my old fav) and is easily absorbed? If this keeps up I'll have a serum collection going Shock

BTW, I still love the poly-vit serum to alternate-It really helps skin feel thick & more resilient. Smile
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I think the thickness of the proheal is somewhere between the super serum and skinceuticals vit C. It isn't anywhere near the thickness of skinceutical's c+e. I tried a sample of the c+e and it made my skin way too oily and for me didn't sink in right away. The proheal is much lighter and sinks in quickly. I don't use a moisturizer or the hydro cool in the morning. Both serums have the same percentage of vit E.

This is from the IS Clinical Website:

HEALING
ANTI-AGING
ANTI-ACNEIC*
LIGHTENING
ROSACEA TREATMENT
CLINICALLY PROVEN

A phenomenal, restorative, protective, and clinically proven formulation, which combines Vitamin C (stabilized L-Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E, and Vitamin A (Retinol), with one of the most incredibly powerful healing antioxidants - Olive Leaves Extract (Oleuropein). In addition, PRO-HEAL SERUM contains Kojic Acid (excellent for evening pigmentation and preventing/controlling acne) and Zinc Sulfate (which is a powerful antioxidant, acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, promotes healing, and improves immunity). PRO–HEAL SERUM is supported by a brand new clinical study which cites its ability to promote and encourage healing, provide unsurpassed antioxidant protection, protect against UV damage, treat acne and rosacea, facilitate collagen production while increasing overall cellular integrity. * Even treats cystic acne.

KEY INGREDIENTS: L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Zinc Sulfate, Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Standardized Olive Leaf Extract (Oleuropein), Kojic Acid, Arbutin, Soluble Bioflavenoids.

Katee, I bought a full size of the eye complex. I like it very much. I alternate the eye complex with my cellcosmet cream.

Liz
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
here I am... Very Happy

I do have dry skin, and I was recommended the pro-heal by skinterra. I also have the super serum. I have extra bottles of each, but I was actually going to stop buying the super serum, and just use the pro-heal when I finish all of my spares.

I find the pro-heal very moisturizing. I find it so odd that it is recommended for oily skin too, but, maybe it works for both. I really don't know about using it with oily skin, but all I can tell you as the natural level of moisture in my skin is dramatically improved. I used to use the pro-heal with the hydra cool after too, but I don't even need that anymore. I still do need the hydra cool with the super serum though. I find the super serum much more drying.

Since I have so much super serum, if anyone wants to do a trade, for a bottle of pro-heal, I would be interested.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I posted before that I was trying the eye complex, but not really loving it. Since then I have been layering it with cellcosmet. First, the cellcosmet, and the the IS. I am liking the results from doing this!! Using both is keeping the area hydrated. Using each one individually was not enough moisture for me. Unfortunately, this is going to be an expensive routine to maintain.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think I sound like an alien here as my name doesn't appear often. Excuse me for not participating a lot in this forum but I think I was one of the first joiners of this forum when it was much much less active. I always come to this forum once a while to update myself but I wish I could contribute more in the future. Too many things to do (especially when you have a full time job and also have a 3 year old sweetheart waiting for you after work), too little time…..

I have been using the IS Clinical products exclusively for 1.5 months and same as the other IS Clinical product users, I like them and indeed like them VERY MUCH! It is extremely difficult for me to stick with a skincare regime for more than one month, as I am always tempted to try new things. In the past 1.5 months I have been staying with this line faithfully and the reason is that I am so pleased with the products (and of course the results) that I simply do not want to stop using them.

IS Clinical is like perhaps No. 300 of the skincare brands that I ever tried including many many expensive lines like La Mer, Z. Bigatti, Valmont, Cellcosmet, Sjal, SKII, Cle de Peau, Skinceuticals, etc. etc. (I am really crazy you know). All of these didn't give me the results I have with IS Clinical. I wouldn't say it gave me baby skin in 3 days like that but this line really improved (and hopefully will continue to improve) my skin texture a lot. The most pleasing result for me is that my acne problem has gone and my skin is now clear, smooth, firm and even toned. I am 35 and have normal/ combination skin type. I do not have serious acne problems but in the past 20 years or so, I consistently have quite a few pimples (or sometimes even zits) on my face. The only time my face was pimple free was during the nine months when I was taking Diane 35. Now, I do not even have PMS pimples. I still have like one pimple once a while, but I am already very satisfactory with this result.

The following is my IS Clinical regime:

AM
- Cleansing complex
- Super serum
- Hydracool
- Eye complex
- Skinceuticals ultimate UV defense SPF 30 (IS Clinical does not have sun protection products)

PM
- SKII cleansing oil (as makeup remover as IS Clinical does not have makeup removing products and I won't rely on the cleansing complex).
- Cleansing complex
- Active serum
- Hydracool
- Moisturising complex (sometimes on drier areas)
- Eye complex (sometimes I add Cellcosmet eye cream on top)

I think some of the IS Clinical key products like the active serum, super serum have been reviewed by quite some other users so I think people already have some ideas about them. However, I think not many people have used the IS Clinical cleansing complex which I like a lot. It contains glycolic and salicylic acids so I think it helps clearing up my acne problem. It is a transparent gel and lathers a little. I use it day and night and it is not drying at all. Really like it.

I also found the Hydracool very moisturizing. It is much more moisturizing than the Skinceuticals B5 gel or the Cellex one which is similar. I need to add a moisturiser after the B5 gel etc. while I don't need anything else after Hydracool even I always stay in air-conditioned places.

So Katee I believe you would be pleased to see another IS Clinical devotee!!! Love this line and thank you for introducing it to us.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |