Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Would someone review my shopping cart (Kassy's C E FA serum)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
muyah

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I am completely new to this but it seems that Kassy's 15% Vitamin C, E + FA Serum with Jojoba is a very effective recipe, so I'd like to purchase the necessary ingredients. Since they will be shipped to the Netherlands, I'd like to do it right. Below is a screenshot of my shopping cart at Lotioncrafter.

i(DOT)imgur(DOT)com/KVOfNme(DOT)png (I would appreciate it if someone could embed this for me; I'm limited as a new member)

I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer:

Am I buying the supplies in the correct quantities? I'd like to be able to make at least a year's worth of serum.

Am I buying the correct items? For instance, vitamin E oil is available as T50 or 95% but I'm not sure which one is right.

Any help is appreciated!
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:41 am      Reply with quote
It would be difficult to predict how many serums you would get out of this order because you're working with a recipe of tsp measurements and the oz of ingredients would be by weight. Also, how frequently you would make the serum..If you don't use a preservative of some kind you would have to make it more frequently. But I don't see how it would all last you a year.
I think the E should be ok unless someone else knows something I don't.
And, yeah, I can see the shipping is hefty but, sorry, that's all I can tell you.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:29 am      Reply with quote
You may try this kit.

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/c-e-with-ferulic-acid-kit.html
preciousia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
natural vitamin E is more effective since is contains only the more effective D form, while the synthetic one is a mixture of D and L.

I am not familiar with Kassey's recipe but thanks for the heads up. I am personally keen to do a thriple C recipe.

Have you got something to dissolve the ferulic acid?

Make a small amount at a time, LAA oxidises quickly and i don't see any preservative in your cart.

Vitamin E 95 is more concentrated.
The lotion Crafter mix containing d-alpha, d-beta, d-gamma and d-delta tocopherols.
T50 has more less concentration of vitamin E, more of the soybean oil base.

Natural vitamin E is more effective since is contains only the more effective D form, while the synthetic one is a mixture of D and L.

There is a downside like LAA.

Quote:
"It should be noted that tocopherol has the potential to act as a pro-oxidant rather than an anti-oxidant when co-antioxidants like vitamin C are not available to neutralize the tocopherol radical and when oxidative stress is mild. Naturally occurring vitamin E can be unstable in skin care formulations. Alpha Tocopherol is susceptible to UV irradiation, being rapidly converted to tocopheroxy radicals that use up other antioxidants. Use of Vitamin E Acetate, an ester of alpha tocopherol helps overcome this limitation. Tocopheryl acetate is bioconverted to its biologically active form, vitamin E, within the skin when applied topically. Studies show that topical use of tocopherol and alpha tocopheryl acetate are more effective than dietary supplementation in increasing the vitamin E content of the skin."

Quote:
If you purchase natural E as a bottled oil IMO buy only very small quantities in a dark glass bottle. You might even transfer to an airless pump. A gelatin capsule is somewhat permeable so again purchase in small quantities, and be sure there is little air space in the dark glass container.

Taken from Dr Todorov website:
Mixed tocopherols
Alpha tocopherol, the main ingredient in most vitamin E supplements, is a well-documented antioxidant. However, every antioxidant has a limited range of targets, i.e. it is effective only against particular kinds of free radicals. Other tocopherols, beta, delta and most importantly gamma, are related but distinct compound with a somewhat different antioxidant range. They complement and enhance the activity of alpha tocopherol. Several studies indicate that mixed tocopherols are more effective than alpha tocopherol in quenching free radical and preventing disease. Notably, one study showed that high doses of alpha tocopherol taken alone reduced the blood levels of gamma tocopherols by 30-50%. This may explain why in some cases high doses of standard vitamin E supplements may do more harm than good. Indeed, it does not pay to fortify one wall of your castle with blocks taken from another wall.

If i were you, I will try to find vitamin E pills (soft gel) in oil form locally from chemist/pharmacy and make sure you are getting the natural Tocopherol to avoid oxidation. It will last you longer and stretch your dollar far better.

Vitamin E come in different concentration as well, 1000IU is the highest strength. Get something at least 400iu
Expiry is in 2 years.

Hope this helps. Cool
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |