Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Used Micellar Water and It Created Some Pinkness
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I bought a micellar water which has these ingredients in it: Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Lactic Acid, Arginine, Butylene Glycol, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Betula Alba Juice, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Glycerin.

The lactic acid is supposedly a small amount and the water is considered "slightly acidic" as labeled on packaging.

I used it daily twice a day. I had to use a lot for when taking off makeup because it doesn't do the best job. I never seemed to strip my skin and I like the moisturizing effect I was getting.

I only had been using the product for about 2-3 weeks.

Now, I've noticed particularly around the right side of my mouth where my nasolabial fold is, that there is a strange shadowing, some slight pinkness which was never there before. This slight pinkess causes a shadowing and it makes the area around my mouth which used to look smooth and uniform and one tone, looks like I have this deep nasolabial fold because of the shadowing effect. This "illusion" has made me look older! I'm so upset and worried this pinkness apparently has stayed on my skin now for two weeks. I also was starting to slightly break out around the 2nd week of use but nothing too insane, like one or two pimples here and there, but that was upsetting as well. I'm more upset with this slight pinkness.

Can this happen with micellar water? Is it from too much glycerin or the other ingredients like one of the plant extracts that might be the culprit?? Or maybe too much of this dipropylene glycol?...I have not idea what that is.

I'm bummed out because I actually loved the micellar water and felt it was really moisturizing my skin and seemed to be slowly smoothing my skin out.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
According to the order in which lactic acid appears in the ingredient deck(the upper third) tells you it's quite prevalent in the product.I would use a micellar without lactic acid as a makeup remover and use the other as a light exfoliating treatment.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Angelcat47 wrote:
According to the order in which lactic acid appears in the ingredient deck(the upper third) tells you it's quite prevalent in the product.I would use a micellar without lactic acid as a makeup remover and use the other as a light exfoliating treatment.

Thank you for your response. Do you think that's the culprit as to what caused the pinkness?? I have used lactic acid as a peel before at 15% and also use yogurt masks almost daily. I didn't have an aversion to lactic acid that could cause this. I also use a sunscreen which contains lactic acid in the ingredients daily. I don't think my skin would react like this to lactic acid. Is there another ingredient in there that could be the cause of the pink spot?
coeywong88

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for sharing...
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
You have lactic acid in your sunscreen and micellar water. You exfoliate daily with yogurt masks(which has lactic acid) and have used lactic acid peels. All of this together is a lot of lactic acid. The pinkness is your skin telling you to back off a bit. I would stop the daily masks,use either the micellar water or the sunscreen and try a gentle moisturizer with no actives to repair/protect your skin's barrier. I live for chocolate but I wouldn't eat it all day every day. Smile
kaiqing
5% products discount

Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Stop using exfoliating products and go back to as simple routine as possible, until your skin recover back.

Peeling horniness is good, but you also need a certain amount to protect your skin. If your have sensitive skin or thin horniness, you don't need to peel them at all, like me!

Most micellar waters are mild, but they usually have lots of surfactants,so they can remove the make-up products. If you use micellar waters, you need to wash them out after that.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |