Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SOS needed for my lips!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

I have terrible problems with my lips, they are so dry and flaky. I have tried every trick in the book, the rubbing with a toothbrush etc etc

I have tried so many products but I can't seem to find any that really moisture them Question

I can't wear lipstick - haven't worn it now for years as it just looks disgusting, because no sooner have I put it on the flakes show up!

I try to drink plenty of water, so I am not dehydrated, I just suffer with really dry skin (everywhere really).

Please help my 'need to wear lippy campaign'!! Very Happy

T x
Mabsy

Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Cheeks, have you tried the Decleor lipbalm or the Gatineau one? Both are very moisturising in my opinion. How about something like Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment or the CVS balm that was reviewed recently?
Sweet Pea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy
I have been using a product from Beauticontrol called Lip Apeel. It has 2 products within 1 jar. The larger part of the jar contains an exfoliater and the top has a lip treatment. The company also says that it provides unique therapy that helps minimize the appearance of unwanted vertical lines and laugh lines around the lips. I am so pleased that I need to place an order for another one.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi.
Sorry to hear you're having problems with dry, flaky lips. I used to suffer dreadfully, and after trying lots of things I settled with Elizabeth Arden eight hour lipcare with SPF15 (its a transparent product that you can wear under lipstick or on naked lips) and Gatineau (as suggested earlier). I know you dont need SPF protection in the evening but I always load it on just before going to bed and wakeup with moist, plump lips. Now I only get dry, flaky lips when I'm ill or under the weather, which I expect. Hope you find it helpful. Also make sure you're getting your vitamins, especially the B group!!

Very Happy
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
My lips were also constantly flaky, until I stopped using lipbalm with mineral oil in it (The Eight Hour Cream is full of it!). Now, I alternate between Weleda Everon (stick) and Lush Lip Service, and my lips are in top order Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cheeks -

I’m kinda the unofficial lipcare maven around here, so here’s my suggestions:

Try making your own lip scrub by mixing a bit of granulated (white) sugar with vaseline or any kind of lip balm then gently rub/buff the mixture onto your lips in a circular motion for 30-45 seconds, then rinse your lips with cool water. Sugar is actually glycolic acid (I can’t remember if that makes it an AHA or a BHA), so it will help remove the dead, flaky skin cells to reveal fresh, new skin underneath. Because your lips are already dry and chapped, after you exfoliate them, you need to immediately followup by applying a super-hydrating lip moisturizer (i.e.: Gatineau Electelle Lip Care $36USD, although I understand from Mabsy that Biotherm's "Aquasource Levres Moisturizing Balm Protective Lip Care" is very similar although I don't know the cost) which will actually penetrate your lips to add moisture inside the tissue, not just a lip balm which only coats the surface of your lips to create a barrier that will prevent from becoming chapped in the first place.

Also, I'd like to suggest that you try to tackle your lip problem from the inside-out by taking a nutritional supplement containing collagen and hyaluronic acid. I've given this lecture before, so here's a quick recap: lip tissue is actually comprised of collagen and hyaluronic acid, so by taking an oral supplement containing these ingredients, you're helping your body replace what it's lacking. Originally, I reported the amazing lip plumping benefits of the collagen/HA supplement but other EDS members who tried it have reported that when they started taking this supplement, it cured their chronically dry/chapped lips. If you want to read more about it, here's the link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0. Before you start taking these supplements, please be advised that there are some reports that taking HA orally leads to an increased risk of cancer, click here for more info: http://www.spectacularskin.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.cgi?read=7191. Personally, I think there are studies out there that say that just about anything from watching a colored TV to cooking in a microwave or talking on a cell phone or drinking diet sodas or coffee can cause cancer, but I'll leave you to make your own decision....

HTH,
Carrie
Neroli

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi again Surprised
Nemi, thanks for the info on the ingredients list for EA eight hour - I wasn't aware of the mineral oil content - perhaps a little naive on my part and didn't pay enough attention to the box. I can honestly say that I've never had problems, and it has worked incredibly well for me, but as we know mineral oil can cause problems for some users. Very Happy
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Wow - great responses - thanks everyone Very Happy Very Happy

I shall try out the products suggested and once I have my 'Angelina Jolee' pout I shall post a piccie!!! Very Happy Very Happy

T x
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Cheeks,

If all else fails, go and talk to your dr. Certain conditions can cause severe dry lips.

I love using aquaphor on my lips before bedtime. There are lots of raves for the new Neosporin Lipbalm as well.

Good luck!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |