Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried Kybella, the injectable chin treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:37 am      Reply with quote
This treatment for under chin fatty areas is widely available now and I would like to get feedback if anyone on the board has tried it. It costs about $1200, and of course, the spas all are pushing multiple applications.

I saw one person who had it and her throat looked kind of wrinkly - I suspect from the lose of fat which left loose skin.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I only saw one person at my derms open house and they had it the day before. It looked swollen so couldn't tell there either!

Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
My coworker was really interested in having it, she's read a lot of reviews on the real self site and they are very mixed.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds interesting, and they are doing this in my city.

I will prob go for a free consultation, as on Real self there is an Ottawa Dr. advertising if you mention real self you get a free consult.

I bruise extremely easily, so that is a concern- like anytime I have my blood pressure taken or even wear socks that are slightly too tight or even the way I sit can leave bruises on the back of my legs.

Hopefully if I can do this I will not have too many needle marks on my neck.
I had some cortisone injected on one side of my face for blemishes and nerve pain and it left a whole row of needle marks that after a long time just look like large pores- but it took forever to try and get rid of that look.

I have always had a round face, so actually looking like I have a chin or neck would be nice for once.
I thought about lipo- but then there is other stuff I would rather have surgery for first (like eyelids,I have a problem w my eye muscle..have had surgery already 2 or 3 times, never seems to last more than 2 years on me??
But that is considered "medical" and not cosmetic,so is covered by the medical system here.

But not too keep on looking like I was punched in the face for a couple months...
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:40 am      Reply with quote
If it was covered by insurance, I'd have it done tomorrow! I bruise like crazy, too, but the main thing that holding me back is that I'm afraid to waste $1200 and not have good results. I've noticed the reviews are mixed. I like RealSelf, because their reviewers seem focused.

There are some poorly trained people working in spas now here in Dallas. (I found that out the 'hard way'and am still suffering with botched Dysport five months later.)

I went for a consultation and the dr.'s price was the same as the 'total med spa', so I definitely will go to him.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I had the Kybella injections in the fatty area under my chin and am happy to say that it worked very well.
I had the first treatment done five weeks ago ($1200) at the Skinsations spa here in suburban Dallas. The nurse was excellent and I felt confident with her application.
I returned last week and had a touchup on another small area ($600) and it has already worked very well.
I stopped taking fish oil and all pain reliever products several days before the treatment and that helped to prevent bruising. I had some small needle stick bruises and slight swelling, but nothing major. (I had no swelling or bruising on the second application.)The producure stung some when she injected me but I came home and took some Tyenol and went out to lunch.

I suggest anyone considering this treatment look on realself.com for info and recommendations for local providers.
JessicaLA

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I had Kybella Injections as well, with most people it depends on the amount of sub-mental fat below the chin. On average your suppose to see results within two to four Kybella treatments, and results will become more noticeable with each successive injection. I first notice a reduction underneath my chin area after the second visit.
My provider at Skin Med Spa in Santa Monica CA was able to adjust the number of treatments to my needs right after consultation.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Jessica,
Thanks so much for your response. I had my last Kybella in August. It was my third and I did it to remove the remaining 'flaps' over my throat cords. It didn't do much, so I went this week and got the Titan done on the last area. Kybella did work on my jawline very well, but I think it is tricky and I agree that everyone's facial fat, contours and skin texture will made a difference. I felt like I looked older because the flaps were made more prominent after I had the first two applications.

I really believe the success has much to do with the application, so I'm glad I checked with different med spas to make sure I felt confident.
Kgeaux
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I spoke to my dermatologist about Kybella, and she told me it works really well for people with good skin elasticity. It will get rid of the fat that causes a double chin, but it does not improve elasticity. So if you've got any little hint of sagging skin in the area, you will be sorely disappointed, because once the fat is gone, the skin will sag more. If you're not sure about the elasticity of that area of skin, pinch a little section of the skin, then release it. If it springs back, you're good, if it stays in the pinched position for any amount of time, you're not a candidate for kybella.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Sounds scarey and risky, why not try the fasciablaster for face? It's just been released.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |