Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Acne,So depressed... Please Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
christiania
5% products discount

Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Aga have you also by chance changed brands of make-up? I remember I had perfect skin until I started using MAC studio F/X- let's just say that not too long after lepers looked better than me.

Anyway a few months later I clued in that my make-up was causing problems and switched to a dermatologist recommended brand and the biotherm/benzoyl peroxide regime and have been fairly clear ever since. It took some time to eradicate the ravages that MAC caused, but my skin is pretty much perfect now.

So perhaps try switching to a gentle brand of make-up for sensitive skin?
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Hello Christiana,
Sorry to hear that the make-up caused your skin to breakout.

Ever since I started having problems I havent been using any make-up at all, thinking my skin is better off left alone, not to mention it doesnt look too great trying to cover spots with foudation...

So benzoyl peroxide worked for you? And the biotherm was the brand? How long did it take for your skin to start clearing up?

Aga Wink
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I find that if my skin is bad and i don't wear make-up, it just makes it worse because i'm more self concious, so i'm constantly going and looking in the mirror and touching it.
I've heard that the yonka is quite good - everybody raves about it - have you thought of trying that rather than the benzoyl peroxide as it's prety harsh stuff.
christiania
5% products discount

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I began clearing up the week I began using the topical solution, but I also had switched make-up brands as well that week which could also have accounted for my skin going back to normal.

I saw results within a few days. It took maybe a couple months for my skin to completely calm down though but I think getting rid of acne is something which takes time.

PS- If you do use the clindoxyl benzoyl peroxide gel make sure to use a good oil free moisturizer in conjunction, esp if you live in a dry climate.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Some people can hava a reaction to ben perox, but one way round it is to apply it to clean skin, leave for a couple of mins and then wash off. You get the anti bac action without having the possibly irritating stuff needlessly in contact with your face. This is what the principle behind the carley's clear an' smooth stuff.

Good luck whatever you try Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
That is such a good point, Liz. I apply 2.5% bp to the blemish with a small brush and leave it over night this way it's only the blemish effected by the bp.

Aga, have you tried glycolic or salicylic acid products? MD Formulations is glycolic based, I know Paula's Choice has many salicylic acid products although I haven't tried either yet, they do get good reviews. Sorry if you've tried them already or if this has been discussed before.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your posts!

Rosebud,

Whenever I put make-up over my spots it just makes them look worse. It only makes them stand out more..

I tried Yonka, but when I put it on a small spot it made it turn into a cystic one Sad
So I have to keep looking Wink

Christiania,

Thanks for the info on the BP.
I am mind of scared of trying it out, but I think I should at least see if it works Wink

Guapagirl,

Its a really good tip to only put the BP on the spots, and then wash it off Smile BP sounds much less scary this way.

Lolli,

I have tried Murads products with AHA/BHA and a few other ones as well, but they never seemed to do anything at all, other than make everything just more red...

I was thinking about trying Paulas Choice for the BP products, but I am still trying to take everything slow not to irritate my skin more, so I havent got it yet.

Aga
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Do you guys know if there is any good product to help heal the blemishes quicker? Like a on the spot treatment?

I already tried Origins 2% Salycilic Acid, Yonka Juve and a few other cheapies from the drugstore but with no luck.. Any recomendations?

Aga
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Dr H Rejuvenating Face Mask under my day oil for a week now (says to do so for 4 weeks), my old blemishes are already looking softer.
Also started reading The Optimum Nutrition Bible by Patrick Holford, here's a section on Acne:
"This condition is most prevalent among teenagers, and the hormonal changes that take place at this age are certainly at the root of many skin problems. These changes cause the sebaceous glands to produce too much sebum, which blocks up the skin pores and makes them more likely to get infected. A diet high in saturated fat or fried food also makes pores more likely to get blocked. Vitamin A deficiency produces skin congestion through over - keratinisation of skin cells. Vitamin A and Zinc deficiency leads to lowered ability to fight infection, as does lack of beneficial bacteria (through over-use of antibiotics). Optimum nutrition helps by balancing the hormones as well as reducing the risk of infection. The most important nutrients are vitamins A, B complex (especially B6), C and E, Zinc, niacin for skin flushing and vitamin E for wound healing. Good diet and cleanliness are essential. Be careful of supplements with added iodine, which can make acne worse.

Diet advise:
Follow an optimum diet and drink plenty of water. Sulpher-rich foods such as eggs, onions and garlic are also helpful. Avoid suger, cigarettes, fried foods and high-fat foods. Eat plenty of fresh vfruit and veg (high water content foods).

Supplements:
*Multivitamin and multimineral
*Antioxidant complex
*2 x vitamin C 1000mg
*vitamin B6 100mg
*Zinc 15mg
*Vitamin E 500ius (helps heal the skin)
*Niacin (B3) 100mg for thirty days (for flushing and cleansing the skin)"

Hope this helps, also for covering up acne have a look at the Jane Iredale range which is formulated for people with acne etc, range is designed to treat the skin as well as conceal
foundgoodproduct

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,
I have had problems similar to yours, and I have been suggest to use afragreen 100% shea butter and it worked wonders on my skin. Please give it a try you would not regret it. I just want to share with anyone I can with this product. Go to their web site afragreen.com.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Just been on this web site - there's now even more to add to my 'want' list Rolling Eyes
For those of you in the UK you can buy Roobus Tea, otherwise known as Red Bush Tea at Asda or Holland and Barrett about £3.50 for a huge box - I use it for everything, upset stomach, heart burn, facial spritzer, in the bath, the tea bags are a good soother on problem areas of the skin.
Look forwrd to getting my hands on some shea butter Very Happy
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aga,

What a pain, I'm really sorry to hear about your recent break out. I know that you don't want to try any more new products topcally but have you tried using the tee tree in a steam treatment?

I also think that you should go to the Derm office and get them to see you (without paying) to rectify the problem.

Take care.
Happy
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

Thanks for the info in your posts!

Rosebud,

That was very informative Smile
I think I eat a pretty healthy diet, no fast food etc...ocasionally I do have some chocolate Embarassed
I wonder if maybe I should pick up the book you mentioned, sounds really interesting!

That shea butter does sound really great, I do want to try some, but I am torn between this and tea tree oil and BP products Confused WHAT TO DO?

Happy,

I am going to go to a different dermatologist as soon as my new insurance kicks inn Smile
I dont trust the other dermatologist office anymore since they caused my major skin problems and wouldnt help at all...

Aga
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Do you guys know if any shea butter is going to work on acne or does it have to be a specific product?

Aga
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Aga, as far as helping blemishes to heal more quickly. I have had great success applying a neosporin or polysporin cream/ointment to them to kill the bacteria and prevent infection. I usually put some BP on then dot the polysporin on top. Seems to lessen inflammation and skin seems to heal more quickly without leaving such a nasty red spot afterwards.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
OOOOO, thanks for the tip! Those red marks are terrible!

I will try the neosporin Smile
Still have to get the BP!

Aga
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Aga,

I don't recommend the shea butter for breakout, its such a thick emolient (thick butter) texture that it may well clogged the pores if the skin is more of an oily texture, its great for dry / damaged skin like mine; but it may be too rich for you.

Happy
userdefined
5% products discount

Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Lolli"]That is such a good point, Liz. I apply 2.5% bp to the blemish with a small brush and leave it over night this way it's only the blemish effected by the bp.

[\quote]

I take it your using the drying effect of the BP to get rid of the blemish, since you don't use it all over your face so your skin doesn't get used to it?

Since BP is actually a preventative solution for acne rather than to treat active acne (it takes 6 weeks of using BP in order for it to clear you up, it actually makes you worse during this inital period). I use it on my face but not on active acne if I get it because it causes the acne to leave red marks the skin and stops it healing properly.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
take it your using the drying effect of the BP to get rid of the blemish, since you don't use it all over your face so your skin doesn't get used to it?

Since BP is actually a preventative solution for acne rather than to treat active acne (it takes 6 weeks of using BP in order for it to clear you up, it actually makes you worse during this inital period). I use it on my face but not on active acne if I get it because it causes the acne to leave red marks the skin and stops it healing properly.

I didn't know this! My doctor told me to use bp on the blemishes this way. I've tried it all over my face, for up to two months at a time, a few years ago now. I've tried many times over many years. Just this February I tried the regime atwww.acne.org and my face not only dried out, which I could have handled, but it was becoming crusty! I looked like a crocodile and it hurt like h*ll, no matter how little I used. I do think some people cannot use it all over their face. I didn't know that spot treating blemishes with it would make them worse though.

What do you use on an actual blemish, userdefined?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Hey hey all,

I am still trying to find my way with the clear skin... Wink

My mum sent me some different acne Rx medications to try, and I used some BP 5% on my back and neck since I had a few those huge cysts kind of things. I thought I would try it out there if something was to go wrong Wink
This morning the spots were gone! They were totally flat, just red from squeezing the previous day.
The BP totally worked and I was very impressed!

Tonight I am going to try it on my face and hope its going to work some miracles!

Aga
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hope it works for you Aga - glad you have found something Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Thankies Rosebud! Smile
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Aga, I don't know how I missed this! I'm so glad the bp is working, how is it now a few days later?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lolli!!! Smile

I have been using both Azelex (for the post blemish red marks ) and PB 5% at the moment.

IT seems that the BP is working quite well -killing the bacteria in the spots and doesnt let the blemishes get any bigger, and they slowly get smaller and smaller and kind of disappear Smile
I just wish that there was something to help with the redness and inflamation while PB is working on the spot ... Sad
I have Yonka's Emulsion Pure but it doesnt really help much and the odor/fumes? from it are so strong that it irritates my eyes and I dont use it on my face.

I hope that with time PB is going to clear all the mess and that Azelex will help fade the marks quicker Wink
For now I have a few post breakout red marks and a few spots BP is working on Wink

Aga
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I looked the Azelex up, it looks interesting! You will have to let us know how it works! I'm so glad you are clearing!

I know how frustrating it is. I've started breaking out too this last week or so. Paula's Choice salicylic acid products and vitamin c serum have helped me a lot. I spot treat with bp still too. Fun, fun, fun...not! Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |