Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acne,So depressed... Please Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amycc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I've got the same problem, very depressed!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Serious Skin Care Continuously Clear (Daily Ritual Cleanser & Moisturizer) and spot treating with the Dry Lo. My skin is finally getting back on track. I still breakout here and there but nothing compared to before.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
i've got a problem of having acne marks. it's been many months since i had the spot but the mark won't go away. do you guys have any crisis relief??
termom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if this will work, but my doctor prescribed it to me to get rid of little specks on the face:
Tazorac 0.05% - they also have some 0.10% ones

I'd suggest you check this out on the web first as I haven't had time to do that yet.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
gosa wrote:
i've got a problem of having acne marks. it's been many months since i had the spot but the mark won't go away. do you guys have any crisis relief??

Try the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I recently saw another post regarding dents. I have some dents from old acne or pimples that scared and are NO LONGER red, just pitted maybe is the better choice of words. Just one or two pitts on the side of each cheek. Anyone have suggestions on "plumping up the pits", so they are filled in?
NClarkSpear

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
If you've got acne of any measure, just go straight to accutane -assuming of course you're not pregnant or anything. Works wonders.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I post this every time someone asks, but Spironolactone was a miracle for me. It is not marketed for this purpose, but it is VERY effective. And cheap, though it requires Rx.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
NClarkSpear wrote:
If you've got acne of any measure, just go straight to accutane -assuming of course you're not pregnant or anything. Works wonders.

I think accutane should only be pursued in serious acne cases...the potential side effects (not seen in everybody of course) need to be considered. I don't think it's just "something to try"...only if nothing else is working and your acne is serious.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
So many great suggestions here.

When my skin really flares up, I drink plenty of aloe vera juice and put mashed up cucumber on my face as much as I can manage.

These things reduce inflammation.

Good Luck!
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Paris. Accutane can have some serious consequences and is not something that I would ever want anyone that I am close to to subject themselves too:

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/accutane/medicationguide.htm

It's just too dangerous in my opinion.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Accutane should be the last resort if you have serious acne. Even then, I would approach with caution. I was told by my last dermatologist that there is only a 50/50 chance that Accutane would clear up your skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Know how you feel. Crying or Very sad I have a problem at the moment, too. Would recommend you go and see an experienced beauty therapist. My girlfriend (therapist) says that the area in which the acne appears can give good indications of the cause. For example, stress acne tends to show on the cheeks and jaw. Mine is hormonal, which is a bit harder to treat. The therapist I see swears by glycolic acid preparations on the acne-affected skin and - strangely - Gernetic bust tonic and cream (on the bust!) for hormonal rebalancing. Also, she tells me skin works in a 28-day renewal cycle, so if you go back to your old products and stick with them for a month, you might well return to your old self. Adding a glycolic acid treatment might accelerate this process. Good luck!
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:03 am      Reply with quote
termom wrote:
I don't know if this will work, but my doctor prescribed it to me to get rid of little specks on the face:
Tazorac 0.05% - they also have some 0.10% ones

I'd suggest you check this out on the web first as I haven't had time to do that yet.

I use the 0.1% and it's done wonders for me overall. However, I still get the odd cyst. But at least I don't have colonies and whatever I get doesn't stick around anymore.

I'd try it; I never thought to before but as soon as I did, I wish I had sooner.

Good luck with your acne.
ompietubs03
5% products discount

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Aga, have your tried MD Vita-A-Plus clearing complex?

i had a really bad reaction to a green peel i did around 3 weeks ago, i had angry red pimples all around my mouth and forehead and i started using MD 2 weeks ago. Now my skin is clearer than ever and it has helped minimze the red acne marks left over where the pimple has healed.
It has really worked wonders for me so its worth giving a go. i also use this in conjunction with Jan Marini Bioglyolic Cleanser which leaves my skin so clean theres no need for a toner. An active cleansers with BHA/AHA like the JM might help clear your skin.

ompietubs
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Don't know if this helps but I have found that stopping trying new things and cutting my skincare back right works for me. Less is more!

Knowing what triggers helps. One culprit for me was wearing foundation, the other is using glycolic washes etc (must have dried my skin out too much). Am not wearing foundation at all at the moment, just the odd but of concealer if I'm going out.

Current routine:
morning Organic Pharmacy rose gel in the shower, splash with cold water and rosehip oil to moisturise.

night time cleanse with Eve Lom cleansing balm or Organic pharmacy rose gel and muslin cloth, follow with rosehip oil (or if my skin is up to it a couple of times a week PTR hydrating lotion which is my only glycolic)

2-3 times a week, morning aspirin mask.
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:39 am      Reply with quote
EJThomas,

Good tip about what your friend said about location of acne relating to cause. Would explain perhaps why my twin sister has been having problems with acne, mainly jaw and cheeks, and I haven't. She always says her kids are more stressful than mine Smile

But seriously, that was a good thought. I will pass that along to her and see if we can't help her destress as well as using topical stuff.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have acne problem, too (not very serious type) and I found IS Clinical pro-heal serum very useful in controlling acne, you may consider to give it a try...
Candace

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to this so please bear with me. My doc gave me duac and diffein today and I don't know if I am supposed to use them at the same time. (Right after the other?) Can anyone help?
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I'm 25. My skin has always been fair and rarely has any breakouts except for occasional ones around my nose. But a few days ago, I got a pimple on my cheek. It's huuugggeee!! Shock I've been applying clearasil BP Plus but see no improvement....it seems like it'll never go away..

Can anyone help me with this?
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
quick get some jan marini bio clear. i swear this stuff is magic.
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Do you mean the Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion?
PrettyPinky
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm also terribly unhappy and depressed with acne on my face. Tonight will be the 1st night that I will try Paula's choice products. I'll be back here to review if it's work... Very Happy

5% products discount

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ah. I feel the same way. I just can't seem to find any product that works for me. I've spent so much trying to find a product that works but nothing has yet. At least not for long. I'm still looking to find a product line or products that can heal my acne. So, I can't recommend any products. But I'll be looking at this thread frequently to see if something will work.
mjlover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so so sorry you are going through this. I have 3 pimples at the moment (that time of the month!) and its upsetting enough.
FYI - When i tried BHA Paula's Choice stuff it broke me out. I had really nice skin and i think it just didnt suit me. I use Dermalogica special cleansing gel (and more recently Carekate's lavender seafoam cleanser) which is great but i am yet to find my HG spot Pimple buster!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |