Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Anyone Having Breakthrough Oil??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LizzieW
5% products discount

Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I started using the Ylang Ylang Oil and Hydra Matte Fluid a couple of weeks ago. However, I am still getting breakthrough oil after three hours. Do you think I need a stronger product??
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
the decleor anti shine treatment is nice....It's a fluid slightly thicker than your hydra matte that contains powders that soak up the oil...

Another thing to ask yourself is if it's coming from your makeup? Some makeups make me really shiney...others don't.
LizzieW
5% products discount

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Lianne, I don't think it's coming from my makeup since I am using JI pressed base. I am just a little frustrated as I have struggled with the oil problem for so many years, and after the reviews I was sure that this combination would work for me. Oh well, back to testing I suppose.... Confused
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm....my next suggestion would be to give the Jane Iredale absense a try.
LizzieW
5% products discount

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lianne, I wish Dianeth would stop putting her websiet on all of our posts.... Shame on you
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
that website lady is a pest. Neutral
I wanted to ask if anyone has used Dr.Hauschka normalizing day oil- this seems like a good thread to do it on. how does it compare to decleor ylang ylang oil? not sure which one to try.
thanks for any help guys, will be appreciated

maddy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used Decleor Ylang Ylang but I do have the Dr H Day Oil and love it!!! I use very, very little, like a drop the size of a lady bug, I work it into my palms and press it on and it isn't too oily, it's calming and the scent is lovely. I haven't noticed oil control so much as I'm using prescription strength vit a which has reduced the oiliness of my skin significantly, but as far as adding to my oiliness, it doesn't do that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
thanks lolli!
Is the vit a you are using a topical one or do you take it? i have never found anything good to control my shiny shiny skin. The dr.hauschka product sounds lovely, but I have also heard fantastic things about decleor product.
Thanks again-

maddy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maddy! I'm using a topical tretinoin cream at night, the Normalizing Oil during the day, like Retin A but a different brand. At a low concentration 0.01%.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:17 am      Reply with quote
A low percentage retin-a or glycolic acid (perhaps this is the same thing?) has been recommended to me. how is it for controlling oil? apparently i can just get this from a chemist?

thanks again lolli! Very Happy

maddy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Here in Canada, tretinoin (Retin-A, Steiva-A, etc) is a prescription medication in all percentages, maybe in the UK it is different?

I find it is controlling oil really well and have personally had far more advantage with this than glycolic acid products.

I just have to be really careful, I don't exfoliate anymore because it has made my skin more sensitive. I never had results like this with chemical or manual (scrubs) exfoliators anyway. I do use Dr H Cleansing Cream to help clean my pores but that's the strongest product I use, no more grainy exfoliants, etc. The tretinoin has opened up my pores and they aren't clear yet, it's only been a month, but the process has started.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Just noticed you are in Australia, I don't know if you need a script, it's worth looking into though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
LizzieW - I’m one of the folks that raved about the Decleor YlangYlang/Hyda-matt Fluid combo. I still think it has done wonders for my hyper-oily skin but now that warm/hot weather is here in TX, I am starting to get a little break-through oil toward 2-3pm in the afternoon (considering I used to get breakthrough shineys by 9am, I shouldn't be complaining!!) so I think I'm going to try the Decleor Anti-Shine treatment that Lianne mentioned next to see if that will stop the oilies once and for all...or at least until 5pm!! Although that might just be wishful thinking on my part, because once we reach full "high" (humid) summer in TX, there's not going to be any product that will be able to keep your face completely shine-free....but considering how oily my face was just a few short weeks ago, I'm still deliriously happy with my Decleor products and my skin has never looked better. Just yesterday, a co-worker came up to me and told me how "gorgeous" my complexion was, and I didn't even put on my "face" (i.e.: wasn't wearing makeup) that day!!

Lianne - How do you use the Anti-Shine stuff? Do you apply the Ylang Ylang and Hydra-matt, then put the Anti-shine over it, or is it supposed to be used in place of the Hydra-matt? TIA!

Carrie
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I have to mention, I am in the interior of BC, where it's dry, dry, dry, especially right now. No humitidy to speak of.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie,

It's applied after the hydra-matt and before your foundation. I've used it in the afternoon when I tend to get a slight shine and then put a layer of powder on and that works well.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
I haven't used Decleor Ylang Ylang but I do have the Dr H Day Oil and love it!!! I use very, very little, like a drop the size of a lady bug, I work it into my palms and press it on and it isn't too oily, it's calming and the scent is lovely. I haven't noticed oil control so much as I'm using prescription strength vit a which has reduced the oiliness of my skin significantly, but as far as adding to my oiliness, it doesn't do that.

OMG! 1 drop?? Is that all you need Lolli? Christ, I've been using 3 drops of the normalising oil mixed in with 3 drops of moisturing day cream. Christ, no wonder it takes almost an hour to sink in properly Rolling Eyes So, would 1 drop of each sound like a better idea then?
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Yes, rzecka, I really press it into any areas that need moisture, usually around my nose. I don't need much moisture as I'm pretty oily usually and the tretinoin I'm using a cream version so it moisturizes all night, probably not ideal but when I wash it off in the morning with Cetaphil Cream Cleanser, I'm not dry at all. I'm thinking using a gentle, water based cleanser is helping me not strip my skin unecessarily.

If it takes that long to sink in, try less for sure. I'm impatient so if it took 10 minutes to sink into my skin I would be done with it. Good for you for being so patient!

Experiment for sure, maybe you need less. Let me know if it works out, maybe I should use more! Shock Why can't this just be easy, hey? I don't feel like I'm dry though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
God I'm such an idiot Embarassed Thanks Lolli. Think I might treat myself to a lie in tomorrow morning and go a little easy on the pump then. Honestly, I can be so stoopid sometimes *sigh*. So, I just squeeze out 1 drop of each, mix and then just press into my face with palms and fingers then? (I'm blonde so forgive me if I'm a little slow on the uptake here Wink Laughing )
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
rzecka, you are not stoopid!! Smile For all I know, you may be doing it right! I'm not using the day cream either so who knows. I figure the less products and layers on my face the better. I'm loving the light feel of just a bit of oil rather than a creamy moisturizer, even though I always used something that was oil free. Yay Dr H! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again for your help Lolli! Very Happy
Am going to keep an eye out in chemists for retinoic acid. Hopefully it has made an appearance in Australia somewhere!

Take care

maddy
Jeda
5% products discount

Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Bare minerals makeup has helped me curb shine on my nose and forehead. I just need a very minor spruce up during lunch and it lasts all day.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Jeda

I am thinking about trying this too but I have only ever used very sheer coverage liquid makeup- how powdery does the bare minerals look> I rarely have breakouts and just like to use foundation to even out my skin tone.
Thanks Very Happy

maddy
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
rzecka, you are not stoopid!! Smile For all I know, you may be doing it right! I'm not using the day cream either so who knows. I figure the less products and layers on my face the better. I'm loving the light feel of just a bit of oil rather than a creamy moisturizer, even though I always used something that was oil free. Yay Dr H! Smile

Lolli, honestly you are an Angel . I did as you directed this morning and voila!, perfect. It made such a HUGE difference. My face was not an oil slick, I didn't have to wait an age before I could put on my BE and my face absolutely loved it. I can't thank you enough!!
Jeda
5% products discount

Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maddy

My experience has been that it does not look overly powdery due to the technique.

The base tends to blend and melt as the skin warms it up, and the mineral veil acts the same as if you were powdering your liquid foundation with translucent powder.

Hope this helps Smile
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I'm so glad I could help, Rzecka!!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |