Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
HELP! Lost weight, face sagging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MaryinOK

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
This is my first post, though I have lurked and learned for a long while.

Anyway. Back story: I am 70 years old, but have always looked a lot younger. I was blessed with good clear skin, a good complexion, few lines, never any breakouts. I have always considered my skin to be very low maintenance. I wash with superfatted home made soap (olive oil, Shea butter, coconut oil, castor oil, goat milk and cream), tone with a home made ACV and green tea toner, use very basic moisturizers, lots of sun screen.

After being widowed in 2014 I became very indiscriminate in my food choices which led to a rapid weight gain of over 50# (I know!) This also resulted in my type 2 diabetes getting totally out of control. In May I took myself in hand, started eating properly to control my diabetes and have so far lost 40#. My body is starting to look better with the help of conditioning and light weights. But my face...

My eyes have become very hooded. My cheeks look as if they are trying to hide under my chin. There are wrinkles on my cheeks when I smile, and cross hatching lines even when I don't. I have jowls. JOWLS! My neck has escaped much damage, just a couple of lines and it has started to look a little crepey.

Now, I do realize that I am never going to look 20 again, nor would I want to. But I would like to look like one hot 65 year old! LOL.

What I am doing:
FlexEffect daily (started a couple of weeks ago)
Dermarolling with a 1mm roller every 4 weeks - just done my 2nd one. Not sure I really went deep enough, that thing is scary. But my face was very red, though it was back to normal within about 24 hours. Not sure what to use pre or post rolling?
Started using a home made Vit C serum and a Vit A serum in hyaluronic acid, with added matrixyl 3000. I use these in the morning after toning, before moisturizing.
Have started taking oral Vit C, MSM, and biotin along with my usual multi.

What I am considering:
I have been reading about Skin Biology's copper peptides, was wondering if I may benefit from them?
My daughter has a gadget that is an ultra sonic/galvanic/LED thingy that she bought from eBay. She doesn't use it and has offered to give it to me, but I am unsure how effective these things are? I did read a couple of threads in the tools section, but not sure how this one would equate?

Any and all advice will be most welcome. I am on a pretty restrictive budget, so I'm afraid that any surgical or expensive derm. procedures are outside my means. Sorry for the minor novel...
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mary,
Try posting this in the skin care tools and DIY skincare forum here (third forum in the index).

I think as long as your expectations are realistic you can get a lot accomplished. I am partial to facial massage and acupressure meridian stimulation (look for acupressure far lift on youtube). I do the detox facial massage which was posted a few years ago ...perhaps a search will help you find it. The Tananka massage method is something I also so every day. (that thread is also here but you can also access on youtube).

Look up Gua Sha face lift on youtube as well. I do this also. The tool is very inexpensive.

Personally I don't do well with acids like bit A and Vit C, but do use organic oils the naturally contain these nutrients. See how your skin reacts to them. Some do well with them nd some don't.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Photopro
5% products discount

Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I would forget the homemade vitamin A and go for Retin A, the gold standard of anti-aging. If you're concerned about cost, tara skincare is excellent and under $40. Just Google tara skincare. I'd also skip the LEDs and ultrasonics. Instead, I'd recommend the Tria Anti-Aging Laser or Tripollar Stop. Both require a commitment to using them, but both work.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:14 am      Reply with quote
I lost a lot of weight when I hit 50 for a variety of reasons but my face and neck sagged big time.

The way I reversed it was through exercises but these take time and a few weeks isn't long enough to see results. You need a little longer but the eyes are the first results for most people. Be sure to do the whole program.
4everYoungLV
5% products discount

Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Are you against going in to see an aesthetician or dermatologist? There are so many non-invasive procedures out there that can be done for as little as $100 per treatment that will help. Most of the non-invasive stuff will take time and require more then one but you'll be happy with the results. Try radio frequency or micro current. I am partial to micro current because there is no heating but the radio frequency treatments may get you results faster. Good luck!
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I had lost a lot of weight over this past winter and looked gaunt. That's when I decided to get fillers put in. I highly recommend it. It's a bit pricey but well worth it. Sculptra is the one my doc uses.

I also like using my Newa skincare device for facial sagging. I find it firms my skin better than lasers. Lasers, like Tria, are great for age spots and wrinkles though.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mary, I understand your concern about your skin and health. I read a blog that described about nuez dela India diet. It is basically used to reduce weight in a short span.

5% products discount

Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Everything that takes access that harm to you,so avoid that....

1. Drinking water is the best way to lose your weight. ( drink a couple of hours in the wake of eating.)
2. Drink Bottle gourd juice.
3. Regular exercise or a workout.
4. Eat Eggs For Breakfast ( Have a heavy and good breakfast).
5. Eat every meal (Skipping meals will not make you lose weight faster).

-Swimming is the best way to weight loss.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I think keep skin moist
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |