Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
LED light therapy system - best one out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Happydaze

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I would like to purchase an at home LED panel device. Would like to buy one that most closely replicates the salon quality panels. Debating between 3 models:

- reVive DPL II (196 Total LEDS. INFARED (IR), 96 light, 880 nm Dark Red, 32 lights, 660 nm Red, 32 Lights, 630 nm Amber, 32 Lights, 530 nm. COLORS CANNOT BE USED separately Sad )
- Project E Beauty Mini Foldable PDT LED 7 Color Photon Therapy Red/Blue/Yellow Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Machine (Output Power: 25W - 420 LEDs total - Approximately 140 LEDs of each color - NO IR MAX nm is 630! COLORS CAN BE USED separately)
- NORLANYA Branded Photon Therapy Beauty Light System(Output Power: 25W - 420 LEDs total - 135 LEDs for red light, 135 LEDs for yellow light and 150 LEDs for blue light - NO IR MAX nm is 630! COLORS CAN BE USED separately)

Has anyone used these models?
What is more important, having IR higher wavelengths or more LEDs at a lower wavelength?

Or do you have a panel LED model you love and would recommend?

Lastly, a year ago I suffered some facial fat loss from an IPL treatment. Has anyone heard any negative side effect of the LED therapy regarding subcutaneous facial fat loss?

Many thanks!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:13 am      Reply with quote
The salon panels aren’t necessarily the best ones out there – in fact you will notice that many EDSers tend to go for the Antiaging Lightstim and Prolight for example because they are a higher quality and have usually more dual modes and LEDs to target areas of concern. I haven’t used any of those panels although did use a Hollywood Beauty Secrets Panel and was quite impressed by it but wouldn’t purchase one for that purpose.

As to facial fat loss – it really effects and impacts people differently so where you may find some people reporting it – it can often be due to a variety of reasons. Menopause of course when the hormones go up and down is a big one!
Happydaze wrote:
I would like to purchase an at home LED panel device. Would like to buy one that most closely replicates the salon quality panels. Debating between 3 models:

- reVive DPL II (196 Total LEDS. INFARED (IR), 96 light, 880 nm Dark Red, 32 lights, 660 nm Red, 32 Lights, 630 nm Amber, 32 Lights, 530 nm. COLORS CANNOT BE USED separately Sad )
- Project E Beauty Mini Foldable PDT LED 7 Color Photon Therapy Red/Blue/Yellow Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Machine (Output Power: 25W - 420 LEDs total - Approximately 140 LEDs of each color - NO IR MAX nm is 630! COLORS CAN BE USED separately)
- NORLANYA Branded Photon Therapy Beauty Light System(Output Power: 25W - 420 LEDs total - 135 LEDs for red light, 135 LEDs for yellow light and 150 LEDs for blue light - NO IR MAX nm is 630! COLORS CAN BE USED separately)

Has anyone used these models?
What is more important, having IR higher wavelengths or more LEDs at a lower wavelength?

Or do you have a panel LED model you love and would recommend?

Lastly, a year ago I suffered some facial fat loss from an IPL treatment. Has anyone heard any negative side effect of the LED therapy regarding subcutaneous facial fat loss?

Many thanks!
Happydaze

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mary. Hollywood Beauty Secrets sells the DPL II. I'll probably end up getting that one since it has the IR waves and more LEDs than the Lightstim handheld. I can't seem to find any negative reviews on Red light therapy so hopefully I won't experience the fat loss again. That was really traumatic.
akami
5% products discount

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think I may have experienced some fat loss with LED but honestly I am not sure. All I know is that I am scared to use it now but really temped to try again because I am just not sure.

I started using it around April last year (I had the Baby quasar), followed directions and used it 5 times a week at first. At first I thought it made my skin glow, but after maybe a month I started to feel like I looked worse, more gaunt, and like my jawline had some sagging I never noticed before ( I was shocked to see any sagging, never noticed it before).

I stopped using it, I was all panicked and upset. I spent the following months wondering if I do indeed have some fat loss that may have caused some sagging too. I tried to look at pictures before but realized I didn't really have too many good facial pics as of late that would make comparisons easy, and I made a mistake of not taking a good one before starting to use it.

I looked at all the pictures I could find and one day I thought - I definitely look worse, another I thought - maybe it is all in my head and I just didn't notice these subtle changes in my face before because I was definitely paying more detailed attention to my face after starting to use it.

I was 41, close to 42 when I started using it, so of course aging could have happen naturally, but I always looked very young for my age, no one could ever tell I was in my early 40s, and I thought like I looked good before, and all of a sudden I felt my age and was very unhappy with the way I looked and was upset when I looked in the mirror.

Maybe I just simply didn't study my face enough before the device, and that these changes were there and I failed to notice. But I felt like I looked so old I felt like a 40 year old which I never did before.

Anyway, I have not used it since, I am too scared, but I am thinking maybe I should try again. I don't know, most people report only positive results and LED should be gentle enough to not cause fat loss (gentler than IPL) but some people may be susceptible to fat loss.

I don't know if fat loss is reversible, I feel like I look a bit better now than I did a year ago so maybe I have gained some fat back. My jaw line still seems a bit loose though compared to how I think I looked before, and I want to find something to work on that, but I am so scared of skin gadgets/procedures etc now since I don't want to make things worse again by being the 1% who has a bad reaction. Have you recovered from your fat loss at all?
candace235

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Rejuven Light from Amazon I know it is not salon grade but it works very well for me and relatively low priced with 4 different lights. I seen improvements already in a few days.
Happydaze

Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased the Revive 2 panel led system yesterday for $299 at Hollywood beauty secrets. I wanted to be able to do my whole face in one 8 minute session and I liked that it had 262 LEDs and came in Four color spectrums red, infrared, amber and BLUE (Nanometers 880, 660 – 630, 530, 415 Produces 4 Joules/cm2). The lights can be used separately too depending if you want to just treat acne with blue or red plus IR for joint pain, for example. Unfortunately it is missing the important 700-730 Nm wavelength but I couldn't find one panel system that 'had it all'. I will keep you posted if I see any skin changes or any fat loss.

Candace-so happy you are seeing positive results. How long does it take to treat your face with the handheld?

Akamai- very sorry you had fat loss. Did you ever try your red light again?
westwood
5% products discount

Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Happydaze,
I realise I am late on posting this - but I am in UK, and this would probably not been of interest to you if you're in the USA.

Anyway,
I have a reVive (Red LED's) that I am looking to sell.
It's a good machine, but I don't have space for it. Having a clear out of most of my gadgets, and sticking to my micro-current.If anyone is interested, it is as new condition, lightly used, with full instruction manual and case etc.

£175.00 (free P&P anywhere in UK)
kristenkristen.in.ca

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I gave my overpriced panels away, I felt like they were too cumbersome and the LED has to be very close to the face to work and these aren't close enough. I have a mask that I thought had broken, but I didn't have it pushed in all the way. I bought it on the auction site, it has different colors and is better than the other LED things that you have to hold against your skin. there are several models of that mask, some don't look like they have very many lights, but mine is very bright
retinolthins
5% products discount

Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm also in the UK and have a Red/Blue LED + Ultrasound 3-in-1 device from Truth In Aging. Only a few months old. £150 if anyone is interested Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |