Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Made My Own Facial Spritz, How Often To Use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone

I made a really simple facial spritz, 2 cups of water, with 1 bag of green tea, and 1 bag of white tea, and about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Also the tea I'm using is organic and I think free of pesticides.

How often can I use this? Is it possible to use this too much? When I apply it, I just set a wide mist and lightly cover my whole face.

Thanks
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:46 am      Reply with quote
No hard and fast rules here with how often you can use it. I sometimes use my Liz Earle Tonic several times a day during summer time as it really helps refresh my skin and cools me down. Other times I use it just once. With the ACV its going to have an effect on the skins ph level - so you need to do it at least a minimum of once a day but you can do it more frequently if you wish.
johndoe1125 wrote:
How often can I use this? Is it possible to use this too much? When I apply it, I just set a wide mist and lightly cover my whole face.

Thanks
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Ok thanks, as long as I'm not doing any harm I don't mind.

Probably shooting for around 5 or so times a day.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Depends on the perspective of the person. Are you doing any harm – well you could upset the balance of your skin, but there is no surefire way of knowing whether or not it is the ACV or one of the other ingredients that your body is reacting to. 5 times seems a little excesive to me – but its your choice and your face so you have to evaluate the pros and cons too. If you suffered from exceptionally dry skin then maybe 5 times would be enough but you would also want to incorporate a moisturising element to prevent it evaporating from your skin.
johndoe1125 wrote:
Ok thanks, as long as I'm not doing any harm I don't mind.

Probably shooting for around 5 or so times a day.
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...Good point...I guess I'll just pay attention and see what happens.

EDIT: I also have a spray bottle of MSM and distilled water that I use the same way.
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
johndoe1125 wrote:
Hmmm...Good point...I guess I'll just pay attention and see what happens.

EDIT: I also have a spray bottle of MSM and distilled water that I use the same way.

I'm wondering now, does anyone have any thoughts on the MSM spray I mentioned?

I make it more or less this way:

I take OptiMSM powder from Vitamin Shoppe (OptiMSM is supposed to be one of the best types/brands), scoop about a tablespoon (heaped, so a bit more) and put it into between 1 and 2 cups of distilled water in a measuring cup, stir it until the water is completely clear, then pour it into a spray bottle.

When I use it, I shake it up really well, then just give my face a few sprays.

Sometimes, when the water dries, there is a little bit of powder left on my face, maybe I'm mixing in too much powder? I don't understand why this happens, because when I initially stir it, it dissolves 100% in the water.

Maybe the perfect way to use these two sprays is to first spray the MSM on, let it dry, then spray my green/white tea/ACV after it?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I’m not too sure why you are doing this. MSM spray topically isn’t absorbed much and would be better if you took it internally instead to help nourish the skin from the inside out. MSM has many healthy benefits but it’s the absorption that is key here and applied topically there is little to any effect that people have mentioned – so it seems a waste of money.

Also you have to be aware of the skin’s abilities too. You may be doing too much, too soon and that wont give you fast results – if anything it will slow them down as a result.

The green tea/ACV spray will work because its both antioxidant and ph balancing but I’d forego the MSM spray.
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I may have created a saturated solution by using too much MSM, or maybe my MSM isn't as pure as I thought it was (although I'm pretty sure OptiMSM is a good one), but I do think MSM can penetrate the skin, maybe I mixed it wrong. I've even seen DIY recipes for MSM sprays (including hair sprays).

Also I do take it internally, along with vitamin C, since vitamin C supposedly helps to increase the absorption of MSM.

However, I read that MSM antagonizes the mineral molybdenum, but I'm not sure at what dosage it becomes significant enough to worry about.

Even so, if it gets to be a problem, supplementing with moly (or even a multi-mineral) would be easy.

Thanks for the input!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:07 am      Reply with quote
It is possible that you used too much – but it is only a guess.
For me MSM is better served as a supplement – because the studies that I have seen on it all refer to it being more beneficial that way. I haven’t yet seen any studies suggesting topical application can be beneficial and if you think of it – taken as a supplement will help you form new skin at the basic derma layer – whereas applying topically it will never get down that far into the skin. Both Vit C and MSM are great but usually you need to supplement to get the required levels.
Just because you have seen DIY recipes doesn’t mean it can work you know. There are a lot of crazy folk out there who will post things and swear that it achieves stuff but that doesn’t mean it will do what they say it will. Most suggestions will usually have science data to back things up so that’s a good starting point to look for.
johndoe1125 wrote:
Well, I may have created a saturated solution by using too much MSM, or maybe my MSM isn't as pure as I thought it was (although I'm pretty sure OptiMSM is a good one), but I do think MSM can penetrate the skin, maybe I mixed it wrong. I've even seen DIY recipes for MSM sprays (including hair sprays).

Also I do take it internally, along with vitamin C, since vitamin C supposedly helps to increase the absorption of MSM.

However, I read that MSM antagonizes the mineral molybdenum, but I'm not sure at what dosage it becomes significant enough to worry about.

Even so, if it gets to be a problem, supplementing with moly (or even a multi-mineral) would be easy.

Thanks for the input!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
What does this spritz combo do?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |