Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Mineral foundations....is there a difference?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
water nymph
5% products discount

Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I am thinking of getting a mineral foundation but not sure which to go for.Bare escentuals, glo minerals, JI or sheer cover? Any advice you can offer? Thanks Smile
lucy2
5% products discount

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'd go for one that doesn't contain bismuth, which can make your skin itchy. I love Aromaleigh, and many people on MUA seem to like Cory and Geografx as well.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi water nymph wave

I started out with Bare Escentuals mainly because they offer a starter pack (called Bare Basics Foundation Kit) which contains everything you need (foundation, warmth, mineral veil and brush) plus a video on how to apply it. You can get that right here on EDS and its not too expensive either. Or you could get it from QVC and that way you could get your money back if you didn't like it. But some people find it drying and that it accentuates their pores. Personally my gripe is that it can make me look a little orange if I'm not careful.

I'm now moving on the JI because of all the great reviews of it on here and also because I'm fed up having to mix up two shades of BE to get the right colour for my skin.

Good luck with whatever you choose Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:34 am      Reply with quote
I started out with BE and liked it but I never did appreciate the pearly finish it gives, which meant that I had to use a finishing powder on top. I've moved on the Jane Iredale pressed base, which gives me a more natural and less shiny look. Love it!
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Where can you buy JL online?

are there samples that you can purchase?
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have only tried Bare Escentuals, which dries my skin too much. I'm considering testing out Glominerals next.Smile
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
Where can you buy JL online?

are there samples that you can purchase?

I ordered some samples from this website. Great way to try out the JI bases without having to purchase the full size products. Smile
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
thanks toe

i am asian with yellow undertone...
any idea where to start ... out of the vast selection available, i have no idea where i belong to...

warm? neutral?
water nymph
5% products discount

Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well i got some BE foundation from a friend whos the same skintone as me and to be honest i'm not impressed.It doesn't seem to cover much and leaves my skin feeling dry.I've gone back to using my clinique natural skin but thinking of trying Jane Iredale,just not sure what color to get.I'm pale with freckles and red hair.Any ideas on colors? Smile
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Do you know whether your skin has yellow or pink undertones, Waternymph?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I was just about to order a be starter pack, but is it worth waiting until i go to the states later this year when i can get the jane iredale.
Should I spend my money on something else?
Can you still use the bisque as a regular concealer on blemishes?
And could I still use the multi radiance with my regular make-up.
I currently use Mac studio fix which I love, so if I am going to get JI anyway do I need to bother with BE.
Any sgestions would be great
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:13 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I was just about to order a be starter pack, but is it worth waiting until i go to the states later this year when i can get the jane iredale.
Should I spend my money on something else?
Can you still use the bisque as a regular concealer on blemishes?
And could I still use the multi radiance with my regular make-up.
I currently use Mac studio fix which I love, so if I am going to get JI anyway do I need to bother with BE.
Any sgestions would be great

Hi there! I just recently picked up the *bisque* multi-tasking minerals (2, actually!) and absolutely *yes* you can successfully use it around the eye area and on blemishes and discolourations. I have some pigmentation that drives me nuts - and it covers it *beautifully*....I also use it for dark circles with great results...(underneath decleor hydrotenseur)..I am going to pick up the JI circle delete though...I can't resist..
Pudoodles
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |