Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Apple Cider Vinegar...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys. I was wondering, do you guys leave the ACV on, do you rinse it off after a while? Also, how do you apply it? I've been applying it with just my hands (I pour the mixture onto a little bowl and use it from there)... is that okay, or should I apply it some other way?

Also, I have very oily skin. How do you recommend I use it? I guess I need to use a more concentrated solution than most, but how often? Should I leave it on?
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin too. I use ACV as a toner. I just mix about 3 parts ACV and 2 parts water and put it in a spray bottle. I spray it on my face as a toner and leave it on.
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Does it help with the oiliness at all?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes it does with me, it's the best thing I ever discovered. It is great for outbreaks and sunburn, plus if I've been a naughty messpot, it takes all the redness down and prevents from infection.
I use this at night mainly and if I'm at home, during the day as well.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes, it REALLY helps with oiliness -- more than anything I've previously tried. The more AVC you put into the mixture the more drying it becomes.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:59 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
Oh yes, it REALLY helps with oiliness -- more than anything I've previously tried. The more AVC you put into the mixture the more drying it becomes.
That's very true!! I have super-oily skin, but it's a bit sensitive too. When I first started with the ACV toner, I mixed it at 4 parts ACV with 1 part water and found that was too strong/drying, so I cut back to 2:2...BTW, I also added in green tea to my toner and *I* like it better...I apply the toner in the mornings/evenings, after washing my face and using the homemade Dr. Holland Very Happy Cleansing Cream. I put a little ACV toner on a cotton pad and swipe it over my face -- I'm liking this homemade ACV/green tea toner better than all of the high-end brand toners I've tried for oily skin!!!
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
me too, I love it better than ANY toner I have tried, I have also UPed the content of ACV to half and half. I don't have oily skin, I have normal/combo, but I love it, it flakes off all my imperfections, and they are pretty painless, unlike the UGLY flaking I got from retin A.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:30 am      Reply with quote
How much does it help your oiliness?

Should I use it morning & evening, or just one or the other?

Is it okay to put on BP and moisturizer after I put on ACV?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
BinaryStar wrote:
How much does it help your oiliness? Should I use it morning & evening, or just one or the other? Is it okay to put on BP and moisturizer after I put on ACV?
FYI - you use ACV toner just like any other toner: cleanse face, apply toner, then apply any serums and/or moisturizer once the toner has dried on your skin. Start out using the ACV toner twice daily (morning & night, after cleansing face as usual).
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I have an odd (not so odd) question to ask

I bought rosewater and aloe vera juice yesterday, and I want to make some mists.

Should I mix ACV with rosewater or aloe vera juice, or both, or just water?

Should I mix Green Tea Extract with rose water or aloe vera, or both, or just water?

I've also heard that aloe juice is better used alone is that true? if it is... I should use aloe juice as a mist on its on without mixing in with anything right?

April.
lindsay
5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I just tried homemade ACV and green tea toner for a couple days now and I love it. It helps me get rid of the excess oil at my face. Very Happy

Lindsay
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
FYI - you use ACV toner just like any other toner: cleanse face, apply toner, then apply any serums and/or moisturizer once the toner has dried on your skin. Start out using the ACV toner twice daily (morning & night, after cleansing face as usual).

Does anyone know if it's okay to put BP on after?
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what BP is, but to reiterate what Carekate said it acts as a regular toner. So if you normally apply BP after toner then you should be just fine!
BinaryStar
5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
BP is benzoyl peroxide. It's the main part of the acne.org regimen.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
FYI for anyone who's interested, I just posted my exact recipe for my ACV "Super Toner" at this link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=41747#41747
jacob
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:39 am      Reply with quote
well looks like i found one of the threads i've been curious about...regarding apple cedar vinegar...so thought i'd post in here since i'm at work and ill check this out later definitely.
Smile
since currently i am using avon's trueporefection toner and it has alcohol, which apparently is a nono Shame on you
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I'd just like to add that I have been using ACV mixed with water for the past week and I'm now a convert!

In fact, after work today, I plan on heading over to the market and picking up the Ylang-Ylang EO, Vitamin C powder, some Green Tea herbal extract and rosewater.

Oh... and white vinegar to clean out my coffee machine! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:
I'd just like to add that I have been using ACV mixed with water for the past week and I'm now a convert!

In fact, after work today, I plan on heading over to the market and picking up the Ylang-Ylang EO, Vitamin C powder, some Green Tea herbal extract and rosewater.
You might want to pick up some Lemon EO, too, as it's very beneficial to oily skin and the Y-Y and Lemon combo really knocks out the vinegary smell. FYI - I recently updated my ACV toner recipe on pg 1 of the DIY thread to include the Lemon EO, along with a long to a page that explains the benefits of the various EOs. Peppermint EO in the toner is really nice too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:37 am      Reply with quote
jacob wrote:
well looks like i found one of the threads i've been curious about...regarding apple cedar vinegar...so thought i'd post in here since i'm at work and ill check this out later definitely.
Smile
since currently i am using avon's trueporefection toner and it has alcohol, which apparently is a nono Shame on you

Hi jacob,

After replying to your first post I did not want to overwhelm you re: Avon's toner. I think you will find that you can make a toner for a fraction of the price you are paying. And yes, Alcohol is a BIG NO NO.

Hang around jacob. Smile

Winnie
jacob
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, i really dont mind being overwhelmed, i mean, i'm a pretty fast learner for things that interest me...so go ahead and overwhelm me...
im gonna read this and see what it is i need to make the stuff.
if i need help...im pm'ing you guys Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
You asked for it my friend Laughing Laughing

I am so glad you found EDS. For years I just bought product from ADs and online review sites. The best advice you can get is from actual users.

Winnie
jacob
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
are you kidding im glad i found it tenfold.
i never liked gimmicky ads and what not...and did steer clear of them...(considering i am a marketing student Laughing) but now i have to learn all the applications of ACV and how to make it for myself.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Count me in as an ACV believer! A week ago I bought a bottle of Bragg's Organic ACV and mixed it 50:50 with distilled water and put it in a spray bottle. I am using it twice per day after cleansing and I can't believe the difference in my pores and the texture of my skin. I was initially afraid of drying my skin out, but this mix seems perfect for my combo/oily skin. I had seen this remedy on MUA, but assumed it was only for skin with acne.

The only other toners that I ever fell in love with and continued to use was Clinique's Mild Clarifying toner and Dr. Hauschka's Clarifying. The ACV mix puts them both to shame!

-Cheri
jacob
5% products discount

Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
rather than starting a new thread about ACV.

does brand or type (organic) matter?
the local grocery store has their store brand ACV very cheap...and my Aunt has some that's been sitting there for who knows how long...
But id rather buy my own fresh little bottle lol...so does brand or type matter or is ACV...ACV across the board?
thanks guys
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
hi jacob

I just went to the local supermarket to see what range of AVC they had..

THe prices were so different. There is a 'Healtheries' brand which is a big health/natural supplement company. THeir AVC was $8 for 750mls (sorry metrics). And a grocery brand of AVC which was labelled just as 'cider',was half the price!! There were other generic brands of apple cider too for only $2 for the same size.

But my point is.. I had a look on the ingredients and read the labels too.. Some of them I noticed contained food acid and other things like preservatives. So I guess the big thing is to get a pure apple cider. ANd if it is going to be for the face, I'd just spend a extra dollar or two on something that boasts using purer apples or something.

Since you dilute the cider, it would work out cheaper than any toner you buy Very Happy

I'd just go for a better brand cuz it feels better :P
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |