Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Apple Cider Vinegar...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
neigeden

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:11 am      Reply with quote
OK, so this was from a LONG time ago:

diderot wrote:
sorry, ACV should be lower than 5.5, I tested it AFTER I mixed in the rosewater and chamomile water. I think our normal PH is around 7-7.5(just my guess), and anything lower than that would have an exfoliating effect.

Either way, I am loving my ACV

But, if anyone's still interested, the pH of skin isn't neutral, it's actually slightly acidic - closer to around 4.5-6 than 7.
But, since diderot measured the pH of ACV to be less than 5.5, it'll still act as an exfoliant.
Apparently the acidity of the vinegar is also the reason it makes hair shinier.

I have a mix of olive oil, ACV and organic honey in my hair right now - figures crossed!
yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I have been using ACV neat on my face every other night for just over a week (since I started to get my whiteheads) and it has been working wonders healing them.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
After reading through all your posts i tried Bragg's acv as a toner.

Well... my face was so soft after, i couldnt believe it!

I should have diluted it will water first though as my eyes watered continually as i was using it.

Im going to definitely stick to this for a few weeks to see if my skins improves.

I have white heads around my nose and on my chin, that never seem to dry up so hopefully this will help with it.

I want to use this in my shampoo but am scared it will make my hair drier than it already is.

Thanks ladies x
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:11 am      Reply with quote
yusufosman wrote:
I have been using ACV neat on my face every other night for just over a week (since I started to get my whiteheads) and it has been working wonders healing them.

I suffer from sebaceous hyperplasia (cyst like bumps under the skin). I've been using a mixture of 50/50 ACV and water, with 4 aspirin tablets dissolved into the water. Aspirin is basically salicylic acid. I've found this recipe to be the only thing that has helped keep my bumps under control.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
yusufosman wrote:

I suffer from sebaceous hyperplasia (cyst like bumps under the skin). I've been using a mixture of 50/50 ACV and water, with 4 aspirin tablets dissolved into the water. Aspirin is basically salicylic acid. I've found this recipe to be the only thing that has helped keep my bumps under control.

Keliu, I too suffer from sebaceous hyperplasia (as well as a mix of whiteheads and milia, I just have that sort of skin ) and find it really hard to control, only rather aggressive use of the aspirin mask seems to help get rid of the bumps. I’d love to try your mix. What quantity of water and AVC do you use with the 4 aspirin, 100ml?
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I forgot which thread I read this in but someone soaked their feet in diluted ACV?

I will just like to add that I tried this last night and OMG it's AMAZING!!!

My feet has been quite dry recently from walking around in slippers all day and I haven't been for a pedi in 2 months so (sorry for the grossness) but there is def some black residue stuff around my nails. Its not A LOT, but you can see some shit in some areas.

So I just took a little container, poured it half with water and poured a generous amount of ACV in it. I soaked each foot in it for 10min each.

I then went to wash my feet because of the smell. But when I looked at my feet, holy moly!! My nails are completely white and clean! I took a little scrub to scrub my feet and remove the hardened skin and my feet was baby soft after! + my toenails were spanking clean and white!

Thank you!!!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:51 am      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
What quantity of water and AVC do you use with the 4 aspirin, 100ml?

Here is my recipe:

50ml distilled water
4 uncoated aspirin
50ml ACV

Crush aspirin and add to water - microwave on medium for a minute or two to fully dissolve the aspirin. Mix in the ACV.

After cleansing face, wipe over face with cotton pad, morning and evening.

My bumps are much less visible since using this toner (I'm not sure whether it's possible to totally get rid of them though). In addition, I've cut back severely on dairy products, especially cheese. This also seems to help allot.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for that Keliu! I have made up a test batch and am sampling it just now. I'll get back and let you know if I see any improvement. I find it strange that a plain crushed aspirin is effective against these horrible bumps when expensive topical BHA's make no difference! My guess is that the buffers that companies use to lessen the chance of any skin reaction renders the action of the BHA useless, in my case anyway. It would be great if this recipe helped with maintenance!

Thanks again!

P.S. sorry about my last post was posting from my Jurassic PC in work and it got messed up some how!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I used to mix up a batch of this stuff and use it all the time, but haven't in several years. I alsways made the one with the ACV, distilled water, Vit. C powder and a touch of jojoba.
I have several of the dreaded sebaceous hyperplasia that derm is having to inject to shrink. It's good to know that this helps and I will mix up a batch as I have just started to get them this year.
Thanks for bumping this back up and bringing this to our attention.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I tried the ACV, Water and Aspirin mix with no irritation so far.

Annie, what is it that your derm in injecting into your sebaceous hyperplasia to shrink them? I have had mine treated successfully in the past by a process called advanced electrolysis or diathermy. It works quite well and I would certainly have it again but I would prefer have the issue under control before having the larger more stubborn ones zapped.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I don't know, he hasn't done it yet. He said it has to be numbed for 45 minutes and then he sticks something in it to shrink it. I have three of them and some milia that could not be removed during my last facial that are kind of deep. I will report back after 7/8/09 and he gets them done. I wish I could remember but he was slicing off two spots to be biopsied at the same time as he was talking about it so my mind shut down (it goes into sleep mode quite often). They were later fine but I hate having that done.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
If you use the ACV as a toner and make the mixture for your skin type, does it need to be kept in the fridge?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I kept mine in the fridge. I would make a batch and it would last a month or so.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I don't know, he hasn't done it yet. He said it has to be numbed for 45 minutes and then he sticks something in it to shrink it. I have three of them and some milia that could not be removed during my last facial that are kind of deep. I will report back after 7/8/09 and he gets them done. I wish I could remember but he was slicing off two spots to be biopsied at the same time as he was talking about it so my mind shut down (it goes into sleep mode quite often). They were later fine but I hate having that done.

Annie, please do let us know how you get on at the derm. I hope your treatment is successful.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
pandora77 wrote:
What quantity of water and AVC do you use with the 4 aspirin, 100ml?

Here is my recipe:

50ml distilled water
4 uncoated aspirin
50ml ACV

Crush aspirin and add to water - microwave on medium for a minute or two to fully dissolve the aspirin. Mix in the ACV.

After cleansing face, wipe over face with cotton pad, morning and evening.

My bumps are much less visible since using this toner (I'm not sure whether it's possible to totally get rid of them though). In addition, I've cut back severely on dairy products, especially cheese. This also seems to help allot.

There's quite a lot of controversy about aspirin. I used to use aspirin as an exfoliant every week and I loved what it did to my skin. But I read some articles on how bad aspirin penetrated into your skin is.

Just wondering how often you do this. I wanna try!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
There's quite a lot of controversy about aspirin. I used to use aspirin as an exfoliant every week and I loved what it did to my skin. But I read some articles on how bad aspirin penetrated into your skin is.

Just wondering how often you do this. I wanna try!

I'm not too concerned about the negatives about aspirin. Many people take half a tablet a day for heart health benefit. However, regarding the toner - there's only 4 aspirin in it and the toner lasts me about a month and that's applying it morning and night. So that's only 4 aspirin a month - that's nothing. Some people take much more than that when taking it for pain.

If you're really worried cut down the amount of aspirin in the toner. Also PLEASE NOTE my recipe should have said:

100ml distilled water
100ml Apple cider vinegar

Sorry about that oversight - but it won't really make any difference - just more solution.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am one of those who raves about ACV as a foot soak. It literally halted my age old problem of cracked feet.

I spent so much $$$ on foot creams and none of them worked as well as ACV.

I dilute ACV with water, 50:50 and then soak for about an hour while watching TV. After, I shower and scrub my heels - all the yucky skin comes off and my feet are like a babys!

Great stuff!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Are you guys using organic ACV or the supermarket variety?
There's a HUGE price difference bvetween them.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

I have both. I use the organic for my face and for my feet, I use the normal (MUCH cheaper) one.

I really love the foot treatment, all the dead cuticles just fall off. Better than any pedicure spa I have ever been to!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
Mishey wrote:

I have both. I use the organic for my face and for my feet, I use the normal (MUCH cheaper) one.

I really love the foot treatment, all the dead cuticles just fall off. Better than any pedicure spa I have ever been to!

Thanks Funkydory I can't wait to try the foot soaking. Smile
coryry

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am new to the forum, but would like to contribute some of my experiences with ACV and plain white vinegar. I not only use it on my face, hair, etc but have found that it has anti-fungal properties as well. The lady who does my mother's pedicures told her to soak her feet in a vinegar solution to rid her toenail of fungus. It also works well as a deodorant. I like the fact that it is inexpensive and very versatile.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |