Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelash Extensions Anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
UltraSkin
5% products discount

Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Of course I did eyelash application in school, but not much after school...

Now we are hearing more about eyelash extensions. Apparently they last for weeks with proper care, but I don't know much about them.

Anyone ever have these applied? How long did they last in real life?

Thanks everyone,

US
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I had them done about three weeks ago and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I get so many compliments .... I doubt that they will last more than another two weeks as they are starting to fall out. I would just make sure that I went to someone who had great experience.
UltraSkin
5% products discount

Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Belle for the information. How much did you pay for this, if I may ask? I am thinking of training in this for my clients in the salon where I work, but need to know if it is actually worth it. My plan is to offer the original service with a free "touch-up" if any come out within two or three weeks. Would you be happier if you were offered a free touch-up? I really appreciate any imformation you can help me with, and thanks in advance!

US
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I actually had them done at a spa show for $30 and they told me they normally charge $80 [canadian]. I would definitely train to do it, I think the kit cost around $300 and had enough eyelashes for 100 sets. I would love a touch up, as a couple have fallen out from the outer corner on one eye, so I think it would be a great additional 'extra' to offer, and not 100% of your clients will take it up.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have actually done it before...

It looked fantastic, very natural
and I think it stayed for 2 weeks for me...

but one thing bad about it is that when the extentions were coming off some of my REAL lash came off as well... ><"

I don't think I'll try it again.
UltraSkin
5% products discount

Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know Aprilha. Could you tell if the lashes you lost were in the cycle of being sloughed-off anyway? Or, were they healthy, fresh lashes that came off, could you tell?

US
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
It looked like healthy lash that came off with the extentions.

I am not certain tho

but what made me think that the extentions made my lashes fall off was that... usually when i remove my mascara it was only a lash or two max that comes off but when my extentions were coming off it was more than 6-7 lashes that came off...
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I love this forum - I would never find out about things like this otherwise!!

Sounds great but obviously a short term thing, so maintenance costs etc etc also would be a litte worried about my own lashes coming away...

T x
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Basically “eyelash extensions” simply means ‘super-gluing’ false eyelashes on, right? There’s a salon in my town that does it, and it sounds intriguing but the thought of losing half of my *real* lashes when removing the extensions is just not worth the risk to me....
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
nope - no way - wouldn't do it - I have enough trouble holding on to the lashes I have.
Pudoodles
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
My extensions are single lashes glued to single lashes. I have super fine lashes normally that do not grow ... I have noticed that one or two have come away with the extensions, but nothing noticable.
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Couldn't agree more with Pudoodles & Caretake on this one Rolling Eyes Don't want to lose those 'countable' real lashes of mine Wink while looking good in countless, fake ones.

My friend got this done in a salon a couple of times & told me she would not do it again 'coz of terrible loss of original lashes.

Ohh, have you guys tried eye lash curler?

you can actually make your lashes grow according to these websites - http://www.esolica.net/index.htm
http://www.maxgrowth.net/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Sweetangel - I'm even scared of eyelash curlers Shock It's just blind luck that the few lashes I have don't stick straight out Embarassed
Pudoodles
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Sweet Angel -

I’ve tried the Esolca Doublelash (it’s also marketed under the name “Mavala Eyelite Doublelash”)...see this link for my opinion on the matter: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5318&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Also, I use and swear by the Eyecurl heated eyelash curler...here's a copy of my review of the Eyecurl from MUA:

I hate using those old fashioned eyelash curlers because I invariably blink while "pinching" my lashes and nearly end up pulling them out by the roots! And I've tried nearly all of the brands of new heated eyelash curlers that look like mascara wands but found that every single one of them was a complete waste of money because the curl would go limp literally within seconds of having applied it -- thank God for the easy return policy at the stores where I bought them! Smile My eyelashes are pretty thick, and have a decent curl on their own, but they are so bloody SHORT that I've found that my lashes appear to be all but invisible unless they are curled so that they stand up and out....I was so desperate to have curled eyelashes that I even went so far as to get them permed (yes, they can do that, although I didn't find out till afterwards that the practice is illegal for salons/stylists to perform in Texas!). One eye looked completely awesome, but unfortunately the girl wound the lashes on my other eye too tightly around the perm rod so the lashes on that eye ended up looking like some weird pubic hair.... But I finally found my Holy Grail, although I'm constantly shocked that I've never seen this product raved about in the American style/fashion magazines or available at any U.S. stores (alas, it's not even available at Sephora, which is absolutely shocking!!), because it is AMAZING!!!! I couldn't even find it listed here for me to add my own rave to, so I must assume that the MUAs haven't discovered this amazing product yet. What am I talking about? The completely, utterly and totally amazing EYECURL heated eyelash curler. You want to know what makes this product unique? You use it AFTER you've applied your fave brand of mascara. Seriously! And this serves to "lock" in the curl so that it lasts all day and all night. The curl doesn't come out until you actually remove your mascara. You've never seen anything like this before in your life and once you've tried it for yourself, you'll be disgusted with how much many you've wasted in the past on other heated lash curlers that didn't do squat!! I love my EyeCurl so much that I purchased two more (one for my makeup bag, one for my makeup "bench" in the bathroom, and a spare -- "just in case"!!), and I have even bought them for my friends and female family members, who are all as enamoured with this little wonder as I am! Unfortunately, the only way that I know of to get it in the U.S. is to order it from the company in England by going online (visitwww.eyecurl.co.uk ) I can't remember how much it cost (those currency conversions always get to me!), but I think it was around $20USD -- definitely worth the price. If you're looking for the ultimately ultimate holy grail of eyelash curlers (heated or otherwise), this is the product for you.

Carrie
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:56 am      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
It looked like healthy lash that came off with the extentions.

I am not certain tho

but what made me think that the extentions made my lashes fall off was that... usually when i remove my mascara it was only a lash or two max that comes off but when my extentions were coming off it was more than 6-7 lashes that came off...

same here, I was losing a real lash with the fake Sad
zonety

Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Iam not only trained to do Eyelash Extentions I wear them. I also train and certify in Eyelash Extention Eyelash Extentions last the life time of your natural eyelashes 4 to 12 weeks if applied right. They in NO WAY make you lose healthy lashes.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
*wow* zonety - that's enlightening (and intriguing)! I always thought it was akin to eyelash torture...In your opinion, do you think it's hard to find someone trained to this who is also *really good* at it? What are the extremes in terms of results? Could you easily lose all of your lashes if someone isn't proficient in terms of application technique? How does one intelligently select a *good* eyelash extension technician?
Thanks!
Pudoodles
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for that funny post & all that info Carekate, out "eyelash expert" Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
"Super" glue on my eyes...

I have a different idea if you are interested in getting your natural lashes in better, longer, thicker condition. I totally recommend Talika eyelash cream. I started it using it about 6 months ago, and I don't even have to wear mascara anymore, (I just tint my lashes because the tips are blond), and curl them, and it looks as though I am wearing mascara. They make a cream and a gel, I have only used the cream, but the gel looks easier to apply. A friend of mine, who has complained about her lashes being to thin and short from the first time I met her, started using both about 1 month ago and is already noticing results (she thinks about 2mm already!!). She uses the gel in the morning, and then the cream at night. These products really work!!!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Talika makes a cream??? I’ve only used the Talika Lipocils gel in the tube with the “mascara” wand...I posted the lash-growing cocktail I use over on this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5318&highlight=mavala+eyelite
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I have just spent the last 10 mins examining eye lashes in mirror after reading this slot.
I have this nightmare sinario of being at work and a customer eating duck with eye lash sauce Laughing
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:26 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Talika makes a cream??? I’ve only used the Talika Lipocils gel in the tube with the “mascara” wand...I posted the lash-growing cocktail I use over on this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5318&highlight=mavala+eyelite

Yes!! They do make a cream. It is in a little blue container. Not as easy to apply as the gel though...
NicoleAmber

Mon May 02, 2005 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know where in Austin, TX I could get them done?
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Is there no where in the US where the Eyecurl is sold? Seems like I heard of this a few years ago and there was a US seller but I can't find it!

Talika sounds very interesting! I learn so much here Very Happy Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |