Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you all use to fill in eyebrows?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies! I'm finding as I get older my eyebrows become more sparse! Gosh! Where did they go??? I have nothing left!! Just want to know what everyone is doing/using to fillin their brows so that they look natural looking.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I dye my eyebrows black, to go with my hair. They're also naturally quite dark, but black hair requires more. If I'm too lazy, I simply use the eyebrow pencil from Clinique. I also pluck a bit where necessary.
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I use a mid-brown shadow (the one I am using at the moment is a Clinique one) in conjunction with a Ruby & Millie brow brush, which seems to give my eyebrows an excellent shape. I also have a pencil which I use lightly over the top if I want a darker more defined look for evening.

Underneath I always apply a little of my light reflecting Kanebo concealer (even if I'm not wearing eyeshadow, just the basics) which really defines the arch and gives me that really tidy 'just shaped' look.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi there!
I use the Smashbox brow colour and wax in taupe...I don't like the smashbox eyebrow brush, though - IMO, it's just too thick...I use the Joey New York duo-ended eyebrow brush...I have much more control with it and can far more easily "work my way up" to the brow look I want.
Pudoodles
UltraSkin
5% products discount

Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I use a very soft brown brow pencil and blend in with clear mascara. Mime are also getting sparse, and when I can no longer see to do them well, I will most likely get them done permananently...

US
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I use a powder as I can get a heavier brow without the lines I get from pencils. Clinique makes a good ones and so does prescriptives
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:17 am      Reply with quote
These are all such great suggestions! Pudoodles I am aware of the SB brow tech but can't justify the cost. I recently saw a less expensive version at the drugstore by NYC. Looks like the same thing with a choice of different shades as well.

It looks like Clinique has some great brow powders as well. I'll be checking this out as well. Thanks a lot ladies!
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I use the shadow / wax combo, too Pudoodles. For a soft day look I skip the wax and lightly brush on the powder. Indeed, the Smashbox brush is thick, but it's the right size for my rather thick brows. The MAC brush is more precise and worked well for my mother's sparse brow. She also uses a MAC eye shadow, they make a multitude of shades to choose from.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
k.a.t. wrote:
I use the shadow / wax combo, too Pudoodles. For a soft day look I skip the wax and lightly brush on the powder. Indeed, the Smashbox brush is thick, but it's the right size for my rather thick brows. The MAC brush is more precise and worked well for my mother's sparse brow. She also uses a MAC eye shadow, they make a multitude of shades to choose from.

Me too, k.a.t. - for day, I use the powder only.. Very Happy
Pudoodles
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I use rimmel hazel brow pencil and it is perfect for me.
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use Brow Zing by Benefit. It's a wax. That's good for me because I don't wear make-up too often and am likely to rub my eyebrows without thinking. The wax doesn't smudge and it looks natural. I just use it to fill in a few areas, not create a complete brow.

I don't know anything about Benefit's other product. This was a hand-me-down. My mom bought it, tried it, didn't like and passed it on to me. And I really love it!
Mabsy

Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:23 am      Reply with quote
When I'm lazy I just use the Clinique brow powder compact that I bought ages ago. If I'm going out somewhere, I'll use the BeneFit BrowZings and do the two-step wax then powder.
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I like Mirenesse Eyebrow Mascara... in dark blonde... holds what you have in place and also fills in the gaps! Smile I am one of those that soooo regret the overplucking I did in the 70's as a teenager, because they never came back unfortunately! Shock
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
what's brow wax? Does it hold your brows in place?

My brows are crazy sticking out everywhere. I've tried that clear mascara/brow crap, didn't work...also tried regular hair gel that worked better but was kinda stiff..
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Lianne, yes - the brow wax works really well to keep the brows in place...it's a really soft wax that you just rub your brow brush into and then apply to the brow (after the colour)....even my crazy, stick out everywhere hairs are tamed ....and it doesn't harden like gel...
Pudoodles
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I usually dye my eyebrows, as they are very blonde. As the dye starts to fade, I use Lorac's brow wax. It is really awsome because it comes already tinted in blonde, brunette or auburn, so none of that two step nonsense. Before I discover the Lorac Brow Wax, I used Paula Dorf's brow duet powder, which was also really nice. The problem I have with powder is that by the end of the day I am back to no eyebrows, but I find that the colored wax lasts all day.

Liz
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
I usually dye my eyebrows, as they are very blonde. As the dye starts to fade, I use Lorac's brow wax. It is really awsome because it comes already tinted in blonde, brunette or auburn, so none of that two step nonsense. Before I discover the Lorac Brow Wax, I used Paula Dorf's brow duet powder, which was also really nice. The problem I have with powder is that by the end of the day I am back to no eyebrows, but I find that the colored wax lasts all day.

Liz

Pre-tinted wax? Now *that* sounds great!!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
It is great!! Take a look...

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=73623&catid=12975&cmbProdBrandFilter=24474&brand=24450&trx=BSMMP-24450&trxp1=CPFP%2D12881&trxp2=0&trxp3=73623&btrx=BSMMP-24450

I have all three shades (depends on what color my hair is at the time) and at $16US, it doesn't break the bank.

I also use Trish McEvoy's #32 brow brush with it and it does perfectly!!

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2866749&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1377227&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=41385&bmUID=1111878526730&DCLKSLOT=1

Liz
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles,

Where do you get it? The ones listed already are US...know anywhere in Canada?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use Mary Kay Brow pencil in blond. Shock Being a brunette it seems it would be odd for me to use a blond pencil but it is so natural. Love it. After I apply my pencil I use my hair wax on a brow brush to set my brows for the day! Have to cut corners somewhere. Laughing
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies you are all a godsend! Thanks for all the replies, suggestions and comments on product. This is lots to choose from. Thank you so much!
Mabsy

Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:56 am      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
Pudoodles,

Where do you get it? The ones listed already are US...know anywhere in Canada?

Lianne, there are many brands that make eyebrow wax and I believe that most of it is of the tinted variety. The BeneFit stuff is tinted (with additional powder on top for extra impact) and Clinique also makes a tinted wax/powder duo.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
thanks mabsy, i'll check out clinique b/c I don't know of anyplace in vancouver to get benefit...and I'd rather not order online. I find the blonde colours usually to light and the brown too dark. Must try it before I buy!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lianne - there's the smashbox duo as well, but I *think* you'd have to order it...I don't think there are any smashbox direct outlets in Vancouver..
Pudoodles
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles, apparently some of the maj cities in Canada carry SB at the Shoppers Drug Marts.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |