Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Favorite anti-aging serum (not retinol or Vit C)?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Looking for great serums that might have some anti-aging properties but I don't think my face could even handle a gentle retinol yet. Even Vitamin C can be irritating especially when my skin is already dry.

What have you found that you love - or your tried and it was useless?

Thanks.

5% products discount

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Estée Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum has, I think, a well-deserved very good reputation.

Then, there's Alpha Gold, which also has a good reputation.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:49 am      Reply with quote
My Favorite anti-aging serum is Montaser Cosmeceuticals and it's remove dark circle and always fresh your face.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommendations. I will take a look at those. I'm sure Vit C and retinol are going to be much better but I have to settle for what I can use. Maybe at some point my skin will be able to tolerate more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I recently bought Pure Skin Formulations Berry Benefical serum.

https://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-pure-skin-formulation-p_6536.htm

It is very calming to me. It can also be used around the eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I still love the Phyto C or Is Clinical Proheal. Very gentle but gives your skin a nice glow!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I like Cellular skin FACE synergy serum, has vita C but also Niacinamide which I love.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:15 am      Reply with quote
I just repurchased Decleor's Energising Prolagene Gel. It is meant for the body but i used it years ago on advice from this forum, and remembered how plump and lovely my skin was. I am going back to it, hopefully my skin will love it just as much as before.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
The Decleor gel sounds interesting. I like the smell of most of their products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:16 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Revale (coffeeberry) but I think it has been reformulated without this ingredient- strange.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I like PSF vit C serum. It has good ingredients and is not too expensive. I do also use Tazorac a bit but this can be too strong for some skins.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm test driving a few serums from the Ordinary right now and a couple from Timeless SkinCare.... just ordered my 3rd bottle of their CoQ10 serum which is very gentle and soothing... With that order I also purchased their new Matrixyl serum and have also ordered (not sure if I will repurchase) their Hyaluronic Serum.... From The Ordinary I've been using their Buffet Serum (meh?) but love their Lactic Acid Serum (so gentle and makes my skin GLOW) and Marula Oil... also purchased their Retinol but haven't started using that yet - both lines are super reasonably priced and have a high level of actives.

Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav - thank you for the responses. Those are great prices!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm back to the tried and true.. yet very difficult to get through... Dr Zo (founder of obaji) new skincare. My face is red and peeling. but i know I'll have flawless beautiful skin in a few months. I'm using their Brightenex non hydroquinone product of his with a pharmaceutical grade time released retinol.

However.. you have to be able to suffer to be beautiful with this routine. I plan on posting a full report when i get through.
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I love the SUPER PEPTIDE ANTI AGING SERUM WITH FAST ACTION BRIGHTENING, organic.

I get it here: https://imfabulouscosmetics.com/collections/serums/products/super-peptide-anti-aging-serum-with-fast-action-brightening

It is a clear serum and hydrating to the skin.

I use it in the morning after I wash my face.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
Mariav - thank you for the responses. Those are great prices!

Right? So even if you don't LOVE everything from The Ordinary your investment is so minimal that it doesn't hurt as much! Forgot to mention next on my list to try from them is their Caffeine Serum. Been hearing great things about that too.

Timeless is a bit more expensive, but still reasonable - if I use a code from one of the "mature" girls of YouTube - (Hot and Flashy is good!) I can save 5%. And just last week I got an email code from them for 20% off.

Some of these women of YouTube who are more my age (50+) have some great channels...of course, watching them does tend to make me spend more money!

xoMaria

*ha - edited to add - I just looked at my little bio below and it says I'm 40 something! I guess it's time to update that now! I've been here forever! EDS is awesome.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm actually loving Timeless Matrixyl Synthe 6 and the CoQ 10 serums. I discovered Timeless products from Hot and Flashy's YouTube channel, as well, and I have been hooked on the whole line.

I swear, I have spent a fortune on luxury creams and serums since turning 30, and I am so much happier with the formulas from Timeless than I ever was with the high end brand names. I seriously wish I had known Timeless existed prior to a year ago; I could have saved a lot of moola.

Of course, I also use retinol serums and perform peels so I can't attribute all of my results to Timeless, but they make up the bulk of my skincare products and my skin begins to misbehave when I slack on using them.
Violetbadcat
5% products discount

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Omg. Bigsmilebigdreams, with all due respect, please stop shopping at I'm Fabulous. I know that I am new here, and I sincerely mean this in the most respectful and courteous way, so, please do not take offense, but you have shared links to two items that are outrageously marked up.

If you do a Google search of those ingredients you can find identical formulas selling for less than thirty dollars on Amazon.

That is because the owner of that online store buys some generic unbranded formula in bulk then rebrands it at a much higher price. The packaging alone is giveaway that the label has been made at home. There is also nothing in the ingredients that justifies a price tags of $399.00.

They are selling a Nuface for $999.00. Like what? Just no.

Please, do not give the website creator "Anis Beauty Guru" your money when she is clearly not very ethical.

I apologize for the intensity of my post, but I'm actually kind of mortified to look through the site's content.
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Dear Violetbadcat. The $999 Nuface is a kit with fantastic large sizes products in it, not just a Nuface system LOL. They do not buy products they actually make them from scratch with amazing ingredients. Amazon products made in china sold in mass quantity ruined my skin until I found I'm Fabulous Cosmetics products that transformed my skin. If you were a little smarter you will look at the ingredients list and see that compare to Amazon products which most contains toxic ingredients like paraben, silicone, etc...this brand is mostly 70 to 100 percent organic with natural preservatives. My sister oncologist actually recommended the products to her because she had cancer and I start using them as well. The packaging is minimalism and look modern. So, my dear, I will stick to the brand that I love and that transformed my skin completely. I am very sorry you cannot afford it! Walmart can be another option for you too and you can also find walmart coupons online. So you might be able to get it for even less than Walmart prices.
Violetbadcat
5% products discount

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Bigsmilebigdreams,

Well. I see. I was trying to be helpful. Because, see, I was "smart enough" to Google ALL the ingredients from a number of the formulas posted on the website you promote at every turn, and I actually did manage to find several IDENTICAL products- that is the SAME ingredients, listed in the same exact order, floating around Amazon and EBay for anywhere from $70 to $14. If you would like the links, feel free to PM me and I will share them with you if you'd like to save yourself a dollar or more.

No. Those labels are not minimalistic and modern. They are made at home with a printer. Period.

I can afford to shop anywhere I want, but I prefer to not waste my money on useless ineffective products pushed by unethical individuals or corporations. If I so chose to shop for my beauty products at WalMart, as I'm sure many people do, I don't see why you would defensively and maliciously attack that choice.

It is offensive and insulting to suggest that $499 dollars for an LED device that can be found all the internet for less than $100 is a good deal. Luckily, I believe the members of EDS are savvier than you anticipated, so there is no danger of them falling into that trap. You were the only person I was remotely concerned with making the mistake of throwing away decent money, but I clearly see your agenda- it only takes a look at your post history to get the picture- so I needn't be worried about you any longer either.

< mod snip >
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Violetbadcat, another amazing anti-aging serum with a high price, Yes I would never buy myself product on Ebay.

This serum is awesome! Its called Gene Expression Serum, Inspired by the science of how our genes can affect our aging made possible by advances in gene mapping and how we can protect our cells by using and taking the right ingredients. $330

http://www.theorganicpharmacy.com/health-beauty/gene-expression-serum/655
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:06 am      Reply with quote
bigsmilebigdreams wrote:
Dear Violetbadcat, another amazing anti-aging serum with a high price, Yes I would never buy myself product on Ebay.

This serum is awesome! Its called Gene Expression Serum, Inspired by the science of how our genes can affect our aging made possible by advances in gene mapping and how we can protect our cells by using and taking the right ingredients. $330

http://www.theorganicpharmacy.com/health-beauty/gene-expression-serum/655

I do think their advertising strategy is pretty awesome... but I don't see anything in their ingredients or combination of ingredients that justifies the price tag.
But we're all different with different needs.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:17 am      Reply with quote
We all have our favorite brands for whatever reason, but usually those reasons are that we find a specific product that works for our skin at a good value, or find a company that makes high-quality products at a reasonable price. I checked out the I'm Fabulous website & to be honest I could not find either of those criteria.

Their products look very generic & overpriced. You can find similar products with almost identical ingredient lists elsewhere for a fraction of the price.

I could just never justify paying $1,000.00 an ounce for a generic face serum. Also, they claim that their products are 70-100% certified organic, yet they do not seem to be USDA, NSF or Ecocert verified. I just can't justify paying such outrageous prices & not really knowing what you're getting for your money. But to each their own I guess?
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:26 am      Reply with quote
you keep talking about I'm Fabulous lol what about the organicpharmacy.com high prices and great products. Like I say I have tried many other brands and nothing works for me like those brands!

What about Revive at $600 a serum. No one is forcing you to buy anything, just buy what you can afford...Every one has their own opinion and choice to buy what they want.

Have you tried May Lindstrom expensive brand to and good.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Organic Pharmacy seems overpriced to me as well. I would never buy Revive because you can purchase other brands with the same active ingredients for much less. I have been a member of this forum for years & have learned so much. One doesn't need to buy a bottle of serum that costs as much as a car payment to have great-looking skin. Savvy shoppers can find similar products for less. Just because someone can afford to pay $600 for a face cream doesn't mean that they want to. Especially when they know the profane markup on cosmetics. I'm glad that you're happy to pay the most that you can for a skin care product if that's what makes you happy. But not everyone has that same desire.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |