Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

skinceuticals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rosyb
5% products discount

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Have just started using some of the skinceuticals range - I really like the C AHA and am going to use the B5 gel. I have combination/oily skin - last night I tried the repair overnight moisturizer. The moisturizer felt very heavy at first but once on my skin my cheeks had a lovely sensation. I hope this range of skincare will help me as all I want is young fresh looking skin. Will keep you updated on how the products are going
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
was that the overnight oily you tried? I'm so tempted to buy it....
rosyb
5% products discount

Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lianne

yes its the renew overnight oily, my skin seems to feel softer. I have just changed from using the decleor ylang ylang night balm - there is a big difference in texture. The texture of the overnight moisturizer seems lot heavier and greasy but once on feels great. Good luck, I hope you try
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to give it a try. I've used the ylang ylang balm before too...not bad but a bit too smelly for me.

How's the renew overnight for smell?
rosyb
5% products discount

Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lianne

The smell is not so bad, its a little tangeriney (if there is such a word). I was just thinking you might want to try and get a sample first. I am using the decleor hydra flora gel cream for my eyes - I am almost out of this now. I really like this but am wondering should I try the skin ceuticals eye cream - under my eye area are darkish circles and crease with wrinkles at the side when I smile - any ideas.

Thanks Rosy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried their eye cream yet. I must finish the one I have first. I do have to get some Jane Iredale soon and the place I get that from gives skinceuticals samples...maybe i'll be asking for one

So it's a citrus smell? sounds yummy. I'm not a fan of the decleor hydra floral smell...it's too perfumey for me. I like a good clean scent. Very Happy
HeidiJo

Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new here. The Medical Spa that I work at recently switched to SkinCeuticals. So I just tossed out all my old stuff and started the whole SkinCeuticals regime.

I use cleansing cream, Rejuvenating toner, CE Ferulic, Emolliance or B5 gel, & Ultimate Defense SPF 30 in the am. And Just the cleanser and Renew Overnight Dry in the pm. Oh, and the eye cream both times.

I definately feel that my skin is softer. I do not think the CE Ferulic felt sticky or heavy. I do have very dry skin. I use 3 drops for my face and another 2 for the neck and decollete. I feel like the CE Ferulic do make my skin more glow-y.

I think the eye cream has lessened my dark circles more than the stuff I was using previously, but I am not sure yet about puffiness.
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Heidi...have you tried the Daily Moisture from Skinceuticals? I'm torn between ordering this one or the DDF Ultra-Lite Moisturizing Dew.

I have very acne-prone skin with large pores and really need an oil-free moisturizer for summer...preferably one that contains antioxidants.
HeidiJo

Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Girl75,
Sorry, I haven't tried the daily moisture. My skin is pretty dry. But, the people I know with oily skin (husband and a friend) both really like it.

As far as a moisturizer with anti-oxidant in it...from what I understand, that is not the most effective way to apply anti-oxidant. I think you need to put it directly on your clean skin and let it soak in for a few minutes before adding other products. I personally wouldn't skip the separate step of the anti-oxidant. That plus the sunscreen are my must-haves.

I wonder if you would get enough moisture just from the SkinCeuticals sunscreen. Or maybe the B5 gel? Just a thought.

Let me know what you decide. Smile
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Heidi, I may take your advice and try the B5 gel and a sunscreen.

Which of the Skinceuticals sunscreens would be most appropriate for acne-prone skin?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
the daily defense sunscreen is nice. Didn't give me any breakouts!!
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
The renew overnight oily is an excellant product. I find when I use this my face has a glow the next morning. The AHA and BHA are great for problem skin.

5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Just to give an update on how things are going with skinceutical products. They feel wonderful to use and my skin feels great when I touch it. I just go the retinol 0.5 yesterday and I used this last night - this morning when I woke and looked in the mirror my cheeks had what looked like reddish spots but when I touched my cheek there were no bumps like spots. I don't usually get spots on my cheeks as I have combination skin and I get spots on my chin area. I hope this is just a one off. Can any one suggest how often should you use the retinol 0.5 as looking at the forum some people use it every second night etc.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
rosy,

I got the red spots the first time too. I suggest trying once a week for 2 weeks, then try to add in another day, and again until you can tolerate it more. My skin is quite sensitive so I'm still at once a week after 2 months. Anything more seems to make my skin peel like crazy!
rosyb
5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Lianne

I will do that and see what happens. Did you manage to get some of the renew overnight cream!!!!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
not yet. I'm waiting to hear from another forum member about jane iredale circle delete before putting in my order.
rosyb
5% products discount

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:42 am      Reply with quote
hi lianne

jane iredale is going to be my next purchase as well - let me know how you get on with both
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I've been using JI for a while now...I LOVE the stuff...

I was using liquid minerals but am going to switch to the loose b/c the liquid will sometimes stick to my rough spots
HeidiJo

Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
liann & rosy,
Do you guys think the retinol is doing good things for your skin? I have tried so many things from the dermatologist that irratated my skin, I would hesitate to try that. Do you use the retinol and an anti-oxidant?
HeidiJo

Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Girl75,
I the the daily defense sunscreen would be fine. I use the ultimate SPF 30. I figure the more protection the better. But I think with more oily skin, you may be happier with the SPF 20. Also, I'd pick up the sport sunscreen, too, for exercise and swimming. The regular one isn't waterproof.
Heidi
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I actually went ahead and ordered the SPF20 and the Hydrating B5 Gel. I'm really hoping the 2 layered over each other will provide me with enough hydration this summer....and NO breakouts!
HeidiJo

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I hope they work for you. Keep us posted.
rosyb
5% products discount

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
heidi jo

re retinol 0.5

I just got the product earlier this week and tried it the once, it did bring me out in red spots on my cheek area which I don't normally get so here is hoping things get better. My skin though is feeling better - will let you know how I go
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
heidi. my skin is sensitive and the retinol can bother it if I overdo it. Once a week is enough. I also use the vit c serum 10, eye renewal gel, intensive line defense, b5 gel, daily moisture, foaming cleanser, clarifying clay mask...

If you have any questions on any of those particular products just send me a PM
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use the vit C serum 20%. My skin was oily when I was young now it is mixed. I haven't had any bad reaction from it.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |