Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

celebrity skincare-who uses what?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I watched Sarah Jessica Parker on her latest movie with Hugh Grant (can't remember the name) on the big screen and OMG her skin was awful,, so
wrinkly. No offense but I am older than her (47) and my skin looks in better shape than hers regarding wrinkles. Maybe she did not have enough time to go for her botox fix before the shooting. That was scary.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
The schedule of an actor probably doesn't help either - long days, early AM call times, sometimes night shoots. . .
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to know what Kathryn Bigelow is using - she looks amazing at 59 - I thought she is around late 30s at first.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:59 am      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus,

how do you create your diy kombu serum..i am extremely interested.

TIA

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
CamenRose

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:36 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
I watched Sarah Jessica Parker on her latest movie with Hugh Grant (can't remember the name) on the big screen and OMG her skin was awful,, so
wrinkly. No offense but I am older than her (47) and my skin looks in better shape than hers regarding wrinkles. Maybe she did not have enough time to go for her botox fix before the shooting. That was scary.

lol
not only in that movie, she looked scary in Oscar 2010, her eye makeup was the highlight of her disastrous look
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking that the stars that do look great and young (Madonna recent look included) are doing stem cell face lifts, which is just fat graft to the face so there is no knife involved. The face looks so refreshed and young. I might try it next instead of all these botox and juvederm, resty, etc. garbage that only last for a few months and if the doctor messes up there is no way it looks natural as in the case of botox where it can even make your eyes droopy. Your own fat transfer to you face : nasolabial lines, marionette lines, jaw line, under eye circles, cheeks, do look natural.. although there is some risk that the doctor might over fill (which might make you look a bit chubby) that is why you need to find a good surgeon.
Cost: 5,000 to 10,000 dollars
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

Well, I read a quote from her saying that she never used to wear ss and thats it only now she does. Confused

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but I read that Angelina Jolie uses DermaRoller.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently Jennifer Aniston and Naomi Campbell use some Mario Badescu,

-they have a thing on their site with what celebrities use some of that line.

Martha Stewart also uses Badescu stuff

there is a whole page with the celebrities pics and info there:

http://mariobadescu.com/Celebrity-Skin-Care

I just use someof the line cuz I tried samples and liked the items.

Courtney Cox uses Kinerase supposedly

The wife of Sylvester Stalone, who used to be a model- she started the Serious Skincare line that is at the shopping channel.
Whenever she used to present in Canada she was always telling people on tv that "the actor of Rocky was her husband" Rolling Eyes
Not too sure how much of a 'celebrity" she counts as though.

I don't really follow celebrity stuff,never sways me to buy anything anyways.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I'm sceptical I wonder how many celebrities are endorsed by the product companies!!!
Would it persuade you to get a product if you thought a celebrity with gorgeous skin used it!!
Yes i've been sucked in myself
I think a lot of it is put down to good genetics and a good make-up artist when you see pictures of them caught unawares they just look ordinary.

For me anyways,
celebrities endorsment does not do much.
If I can get a sample first, and I like it I will eventually get that item.

I am sometimes swayed by brand name stuff- like one buying brand name nail polish.

I go by the ingredients list and the return policy.

A few times I bought an item and did not try something- the manufacturer was very nice and sent me a replacement coupon and had someone from the company had to call to to fill out some report that is on adverse reactions.

So after that and a few other bad luck items I always get sample now Smile
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Celebrity endorsements are meaningless to me. They are generally paid to endorse the products or are given them as freebies. What they use is mildly interesting to me, though, without knowing exactly what their skin type is and what other products and procedures they've had performed, you can't be certain that any particular product is responsible for their skin's appearance (or indeed if a product was responsible at all, they may just have good genes!)

I laughed the first time I looked at the celebrities page on 3Lab's website and they've got photos of celebrities, mostly holding onto the goodie bags and occasionally a product. If you look at where the photos were taken it's obvious that it's at an event and they are being given these products, yet, they imply (though they never say) that these celebrities use their products.

If anything that turns me off a brand.

--

As for Sarah Jessica Parker's skin, even in close-ups back in Sex and the City her skin's texture isn't the best.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here is an interview with Liv Tyler who dishes on her beauty regime:

Tina Turnbow is a professional makeup artist, who is known for lending her celebrity clients editorial polish.

While I wait to speak to the lovely Liv Tyler, the buzz in the press room is all about how incredible her performance is “The Ledge,” a race-against-time thriller opening July 8. With the endearing charm of a child, she jumped up on the hotel bed for a bounce or two, before settling in to chat.

T: What products and cosmetics are essential to your beauty regimen?

L: No. 1 to me would be skin care products. I choose what product I’ll use depending on the shape my skin is in. Recently it was so dry, I slathered Creme de la Mer all over my face, it drank it right up! I als really like Rodin Olio Lusso — it’s composed of many essential oils and leaves my skin so soft. I cleanse with the Clarisonic, I keep it on my face longer than the instructions tell you. (She says with a mischievous grin.) For cosmetics, I always use the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Illuminating Concealer and curl my lashes with a Shu Uemura lash curler. I am obsessed with Blush Gelee de Givenchy — it’s so sheer and gives me that just pinched look. Another favorite of mine is Givenchy’s Hydra Sparkling Moisturizing Cream. I dab it on the tops of my cheekbones or anywhere I want a dewy, high light.

T: Any special treatments you do for you skin?

L: If I have time, I like the microdermabrasion facial at Christine Chin. I do most treatments at home. I always exfoliate with Dermalogica’s Daily Microfoliant. It is a fine powder you mix in your hands with water, and polish away — it’s wonderful. I also give myself a mask or two every week. Christine Chin and Mario Badescu make great ones. Taking a steamy sea salt bath is also detoxifying, not to mention relaxing. I feel something is off with my skin when I don’t do these things.

T: Are you an avid sunblock user?

L: I don’t like the way sunblock feels on my face — it makes my pores feel clogged. I only use it when I am lying out in the sun.

T: Do you have a fragrance you use consistently?

L: Yes, I’ve been using it for 15 or so years: a simple musk oil from my favorite apothecary. Lately I have been mixing it with a touch of Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense — so lovely.

T: Your mom, Bebe Buell, is quite a beauty. Any tips from her?

L: Her mom, my grandmother, was a woman who took really good care of herself and her skin. It was passed down from her. Caring for myself and enhancing naturally with makeup all comes automatically to me … it’s what I grew up around. I have special memories of my mom and grandmother applying makeup, lotions and creams in a very feminine, thoughtful way.

T: How about makeup application. Do you prefer brushes or your fingertips?

L: I always use my fingers to apply and blend everything. It looks the most natural, and sinks in to my face rather than sitting on top.

T: Do you include anything in your diet that is beneficial to your skin?

L: I do love Organic Avenue. I always get the fresh cucumber juice — I can tell the difference in my skin when I don’t have it. But I eat just about everything, so my diet is pretty balanced. Right now I’m crazy about the restaurant Mary’s Fish Camp. You have to try it!

T: Is there a quality in women that you admire and strive for in yourself?

L: Yes — to be centered, grounded and content. It’s easy to get caught up and wound up with all the multitasking, busy schedules and juggling. I’m working on stepping back, taking a breath, having faith, being more accepting of myself and the moment.

T: Anything you haven’t done in your life so far that you would like to?

L: I’m taking steps toward doing those things now. One is having a house in the country and having a big garden. Another is learning to play the guitar. I also want to get more comfortable with singing and dancing. I may sing something for a Givenchy commercial soon, that will be just the push I need. I am trying to tackle some fears, which is good. It’s all a process, getting from one place to the next. I just keep evolving, staying in touch with my intuition and instincts.

T: Has your taste in clothes changed as you’ve matured?

L: Definitely. I was always into girlie, feminine, vintage and more playful clothes. Now I go for a mix of tough with feminine or classic. I’ve been weeding out my wardrobe, trying to pare down to more timeless silhouettes. I’m enjoying Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci’s work. I am also a big fan of Stella McCartney. She is great at making a piece that is sexy and strong yet appears easy and effortless.

T: A lot like your looks! You always look so effortlessly fresh and beautiful. Do you have a secret on achieving that look?

L: Thank you! I find that what is going on internally has a great impact on how you look. I’ve been through some rough and trying times — it always shows on my face. No matter how many lotions and potions I would apply. It’s important to maintain my spirit and happiness, making time for some self-love. If I don’t, I won’t be looking that great.

Couldn't agree more with that!
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I once heard that Jennifer Lopez slathers Creme de La Mer all over her body.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |