Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Obaji Skin Care System
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Hooty

Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking about trying Obaji Skin Care and I'm wondering if anyone has used it with acne scarring and if it makes a big difference in that?
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I heard Obagi skin care system is very effective acne skin especially acne scar.
But it may cause serious irritation to skin,so very be careful during using it.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi is a great system but for scar revision I think you'd need to use it for long while. That siad, my skin looks so much smoother so any small ice pick scars that I have look less noticable.
Ice_Siren
5% products discount

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Obagi since June and my face cleared up so much that now all I can see are my acne scars Laughing Seriously, it got rid of all the discoloration so now the only flaws left on my skin are scars and unless I am in craptastic lighting or bright sun, they are not that noticeable. They could possibly be helped by doing the Obagi Blue Peel, but you would have to talk to your doc. I love Obagi, it worked wonders for my face even if it did not eliminate the scarring. There is also the possibility the longer that the longer I am on Obagi maintenance the more the scars could soften.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I saw a lot of people get such a great result from this systems
indianangel06

Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
well, i started to use obagi with the .1% retin-a. and i got some red inflamed bumps on my cheeks. my forehead and chin were clearing up good. but on my cheeks i have some clooged pores and obagi really made my cheeks red and inflamed. i'm indian, so i have brown skin. do you think that it might have been an allegric reaction to retin-a or the sulfite in the products. i heard that obagi has more pore cloggers. it's been a week since i stopped, and man has it made my skin WORSE! i have more hyperpigmentation than before and that was the main reason i was using it. did anyone experience the same thing but continued? i really still want to give it a shot but i'm scared. what should i do, i spend all that money?
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Obagi for nearly 2 years. Now, I use it 2-3 times a week as maintenance. I really love this brand. I have not came across a brand that gives me such obvious improvements!!!
Renee_oregon

Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
[b]
Hello new friends.........I am using Obagi - just started 3 days ago. My face is very, very red - looks as if i have a sunburn......i am using the system as directed with 1% retin
I am soooooo excited and i want to see wonderful stuff happen to my hyperpigmentation. I am even using it on my hands.......... is there anyone else new?

Hugs - Renee Smile
Renee_oregon

Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Chorally - Did you have a lot of problems with your skin when you started 2 years ago? How soon did the peeling go away???????

Renee_oregon
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Clear 4% for 2 weeks. I noticed that the dark spot and melasma are enlighten. Wink Wink
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Renee

I will be starting Obagi as soon as I get my order from EDS. I'm very excited as well at the potential improvement for my skin, after all the redness and peeling are done that is. According to what I've read the "molting snake" phase could be quite long so I'm not too excited about that part. Good luck and keep us updated on how everything is going.

Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for responding, MamaWalnut. Hope you receive your product soon. I actually did not use the clear and retin today because my skin (as I said ) is very red and burning.....Thought I'd lay off for a day or so. Do you know if the burning is common? Question
Good luck to you. Smile Smile
wkmunson

Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Indonesian living in Hong Kong. I have been using Obagi for almost 4 years now, never bored with it...!

My face skin look so smooth and great..!
And I'm still using it everyday for maintenance...!
I love Obagi, make my acne scar on my chicks gone...
Renee_oregon

Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
wkmunson
does your skin peel after all this length of time? or does the peeling end sometime in the beginning?
you said you still use it everyday? Just like at the start?

thanks,
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I think several people who have done Obagi describe the burning feeling you mentioned, sometimes to the point of being pretty painful. I think it's probably a good idea to back off a day or two at that point and let your skin rest some. Have you seen Tamgirl's thread on her Obagi experience? Her results were awesome and she said that when her skin would get overly irritated she'd give her skin a break for a day or so until it calmed down. So I don't think it will hurt the end results to go a little easier on your skin if you need to.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Renee_oregon wrote:
Chorally - Did you have a lot of problems with your skin when you started 2 years ago? How soon did the peeling go away???????

Renee_oregon

Hi Renee_oregon,
My skin was very dry and red in the first 1-2 weeks only. I did not have a lot of skin flakes. I used hydrating mask to improve the dryness.

When my skin get used to Obagi, I applied the whole line all over the face, under eyes and even on eyelids, but this may NOT be OK for everyone. You need to try a bit by bit. But it did have great improvements for my eye areas, no sagged skin, small wrinkles are gone, and improved elasticity.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am curious - has anyone tried the .05% or .25% Retin-A with the Obagi? What have your results been...good/bad? Did you have a lot of peeling with that strength? It sounds like the 1% is recommended, but I am curious how the other levels work, as I am going to begin the Obagi regime soon!!!
Ice_Siren
5% products discount

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
I am curious - has anyone tried the .05% or .25% Retin-A with the Obagi? What have your results been...good/bad? Did you have a lot of peeling with that strength? It sounds like the 1% is recommended, but I am curious how the other levels work, as I am going to begin the Obagi regime soon!!!

I started with the .05 and I am still on it. I went to my Dr. a few weeks ago (I did this process backwards, I researched it, put myself on it, used some Retin A my mom had brought back from Thailand THEN went to the doc Laughing ) to get put on the 1% but she said it really didn't make a difference besides more redness and peeling. I have had great results without going up in strength and I only peeled for a few weeks and was only red for about a month. I'm working up the guts to post pics as the befores are pretty ugly as I rolled out of bed and snapped pics....not a good idea if you are thinking of sharing Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |