Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
cream eye liners
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I love Eye pencils and have no problems applying them - am toying with the idea of cream liners what experience has eveyone had with them.
Has anyone tried the Jane Ireale ones or are the pencils just as good?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the Stila Smudge Pots and Bobbi Brown and I have to say the BB is absolutely the best. The BB has more staying power and the colors are more solid. The Stila seemed to flake a bit after awhile and the colors were more transparent. I haven't tried JI yet.

The application of a creme liner will take some getting used to, but once you go creme you'll never go back.

-Cheri
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Out of the Jane Iredale brushes (I think they are nicer than the BE ones) which would you recomend?
MaryR
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I just did a review on Trish McEvoy's new gel liner.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5467

I agree, once you go to cream/gel liner, you'll never go back.

I also use TM's #28 liner brush.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2866747&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1377227&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=41385&bmUID=1112106130687&DCLKSLOT=14
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried for the first time the Jane Iredale jewel box liner. With a cream liner you do have more control, which is a big plus. However, I have found that it does not last as long with my oily lids even though I used the eyelid canvas first so I might stick with my Dr. Hauschka eyeliner pencils for the most part.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:44 am      Reply with quote
I never use pencils because I can't get them close enough to the lash line. So I use a flat brush and smashbox cream liners or whatever eyeshadow/powder liners I want eg. BE

I have however got hold of the kohl pot liner from bnevertoobusytobebeautiful.com Phew! Smile - you get a pot and a stick! now I've never been able to use a liquid liner but this stuff is great (although it's not really a liquid Confused ) I take out the stick and press the edge to my eyelash line. It looks really natural.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I use (and love!!) the Smashbox cream eyeliner and use it with the matching Smashbox (“push”) eyeliner brush. It goes on creamy, but dries down to a waterproof finish in about 60-90 seconds and after that, it doesn’t budge until I’m ready to take off my eye makeup (I use Decleor Cleasning Gel to clean my entire face, including waterproof eye makeup). I have green eyes, so I use the Smashbox cream liner in “Smashing Purple” – it’s stunning! I thought I'd have problems applying a cream liner, but it's really easy...I got the hang of it the first time I tried!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Have decided to go with the Bare Escentuals liner (the powder in a pot) mainly because it is cheaper and it gets a good write up.
Smash Box make-up sounds good though
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:23 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Smash Box make-up sounds good though
FYI - some Smashbox makeup products are holy grails for me (cream eyeliner, BrowTech kit), but others are nothing but a waste of money (dual-ended lip stain/clear gloss wand, anti-shine gel and/or compact, mascara primer). The moral: choose wisely and keep your receipt!!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:51 am      Reply with quote
OK what's your advice for this? When my relatives were in the States in end of Jan they bought me amongst other stuff a Mac eye shadow in Trax what a load of crap! I still have the receipt but do you think I could exchange it at a counter over here and after 3 months? It still looks new.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Look on the back of your receipt...there should be some fine-print where the store outlines their return policy (i.e.: some, like Sephora, say they’ll give your money back no matter what, but others say that the return has to be within 30 days or whatever). Does the store where your relatives bought the stuff have international locations (i.e.: if I bought something at my Austin Sephora, I could probably take it back to any Sephora store in the country but if your cousin bought the eyeshadow at “BeautyRUs” and you tried to take it back to a completely different store in Manchester, say “WeRBeauty,” then you’re probably going to be SOL )?

I’m going to be completely honest with you and say that since the items were originally bought in another country, then you’re probably not going to be able to get a *cash* refund but they might be willing to give you a store credit in an equal amount that would allow you to buy something else. The only thing you can do is *try*...the most they can do is tell you no!

If you can’t return it, then maybe there’s someone here on EDS (or MakeupAlley) who would be interested in swapping for it or buying it off you at a discount. If worse comes to worst and you’re stuck with the eyeshadow, then I’d like to recommend that you maybe think about donating it to some women’s shelter or refuge in your town....

Actually, that last suggestion is directed at *all* of us: if you have a skincare or beauty product that you hate and are never going to use again (and you can’t find anyone interested in swapping for it), why not donate it to some local women’s shelter in your area? Just think: those poor women have been browbeaten and abused for years, and they’ve probably never had anything really nice just for themselves. I mean, you know how exciting it is for *you* to open a parcel from EDS and paw through and swoon over all of the samples in the box...now imagine what a thrill it would be for one of those poor women to have some kind of beauty “splurge” all for herself.

Good luck!
Carrie
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:42 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I use (and love!!) the Smashbox cream eyeliner and use it with the matching Smashbox (“push”) eyeliner brush. It goes on creamy, but dries down to a waterproof finish in about 60-90 seconds and after that, it doesn’t budge until I’m ready to take off my eye makeup (I use Decleor Cleasning Gel to clean my entire face, including waterproof eye makeup). I have green eyes, so I use the Smashbox cream liner in “Smashing Purple” – it’s stunning! I thought I'd have problems applying a cream liner, but it's really easy...I got the hang of it the first time I tried!!

I use smashing purple too! I also love that steel blue with the glints of silver in it (can't remember name)...I don't like the Smashbox brush though...it's a bit thick (so is the eyebrow one)I prefer the Laura Mercier eyeliner brush.
Pudoodles
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
You could sell it on ebay. I do that all the time, especially if the store has a restocking fee or I have to pay to ship it back. Most of the time you can get very close to retail if it is a popular item.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Just checked out MakeupAlley what a great idea I may have to register. I know I don't want to exchange for another MAC eye shadow they are CRAP anyone else agree. The paints are Ok, I have mauvism which is fantastic, great for oily lids and then I've got stilife which, love the colour but the texture is different from Mauvism anyone else noticed these inconsistencies in MAC
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |